GUYS FOR FRIENDS

Iris

Originally posted by siloette

..and you wonder why they stop talking to you..when they discover your not down for anything besides well...painting..

Do you really wonder why? If so, this is another huge gap in women's understanding of men. I'll explain.

The male ego isn't "fragile" as I have heard some women say. It is more like an aggressive, powerful, ugly animal with no skin, just raw flesh exposed to the elements. The phrase "let's just be friends" from a woman he wants is like a big old salt bath. He'll live...but he'll writhe and scream as that salt sinks in. The male ego, understandably, retreats from that situation, not caring for more pain. He doesn't talk to you anymore because you shut the door in his face, and his lust cannot be revoked. It's painful for him to even see you, and be reminded of how he can't have you. He can't "decide" to not be attracted to you anymore - that's up to the animal, who never gives up. If you have ever stayed on good terms with a guy you turned down, it's only because he's hiding his continued desire - usually just to be polite, or more commonly he's STILL biding his time, hoping you'll change your mind. If you do, he's right back there. He'll drop that "friend" facade like a handful of hot coals. The guy who won't talk to you anymore is actually being a bit more honest.

The ugly side of the male ego animal emerges in men who, in my opinion, are emotionally unstable or immature. If you throw salt on them, they bite. This is the basis of stalking and other overly aggressive behaviors, including violence towards women. I don't condone it, but I understand why men go there. They can't handle the rejection. They attempt to assert dominance, to try and possess a woman without her consent. In an odd way stalking is a kind of plumage display, strutting before the female, showing his strength and tenacity. Obviously it's misguided, but you can't talk to a hungry animal with no skin.

I want to stress the primal, savage aspect of male lust. It's a fact of life, and all the society and civilization on earth doesn't erase it - just hides it under various masks. Men front with women all the time. Men are consummate actors. They act cool around women. They act like they don't care. They act like getting rejected is not painful. All I can say is, it's all an act. We like women. We're fiending to get laid. We hate getting rejected sexually. If we find the right woman, we'll devote all we have to her, even to the point of turning away other attractive women. You can tame all that aggressiveness, get it to work for you, because a man in love is a fierce protector of you and yours. I know - we're hard to work with a lot of the time. You can improve your luck with men a little by avoiding the most charming and slick ones, they are better liars and actors by habit, and you can't change them.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jades_blue

Girls are all emotional.

Boys are all physical.

Fuck it all --

so my question is: If a guy has a girlfriend - one whom he loves with all his heart and he has beautiful friends whom are girls will he --

A) think of her and the dirty things that can be done from time to time?

B) see her only as a friend and 'keep it real'?

C) flirt like mad (this includes 'casual' touching)?

D) be places where she will be without his lady?

E) given the right moment - get busy?

honestly .. can guys be 'just friends' with beautiful girls without thinking anything?

I seriously think that it's easier for ladies to be friends with males and keep it platonic.

why why why damn it?!?!?!?

Doesn't anyone know the meaning of self control anymore? Why can't people think with their 'minds'?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

to answer your question. i was in a long term relationship that ended less than a year ago. before everything fell apart i was completely committed to my girlfriend.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Do you really wonder why? If so, this is another huge gap in women's understanding of men. I'll explain.

The male ego isn't "fragile" as I have heard some women say. It is more like an aggressive, powerful, ugly animal with no skin, just raw flesh exposed to the elements. The phrase "let's just be friends" from a woman he wants is like a big old salt bath. He'll live...but he'll writhe and scream as that salt sinks in. The male ego, understandably, retreats from that situation, not caring for more pain. He doesn't talk to you anymore because you shut the door in his face, and his lust cannot be revoked. It's painful for him to even see you, and be reminded of how he can't have you. He can't "decide" to not be attracted to you anymore - that's up to the animal, who never gives up. If you have ever stayed on good terms with a guy you turned down, it's only because he's hiding his continued desire - usually just to be polite, or more commonly he's STILL biding his time, hoping you'll change your mind. If you do, he's right back there. He'll drop that "friend" facade like a handful of hot coals. The guy who won't talk to you anymore is actually being a bit more honest.

The ugly side of the male ego animal emerges in men who, in my opinion, are emotionally unstable or immature. If you throw salt on them, they bite. This is the basis of stalking and other overly aggressive behaviors, including violence towards women. I don't condone it, but I understand why men go there. They can't handle the rejection. They attempt to assert dominance, to try and possess a woman without her consent. In an odd way stalking is a kind of plumage display, strutting before the female, showing his strength and tenacity. Obviously it's misguided, but you can't talk to a hungry animal with no skin.

I want to stress the primal, savage aspect of male lust. It's a fact of life, and all the society and civilization on earth doesn't erase it - just hides it under various masks. Men front with women all the time. Men are consummate actors. They act cool around women. They act like they don't care. They act like getting rejected is not painful. All I can say is, it's all an act. We like women. We're fiending to get laid. We hate getting rejected sexually. If we find the right woman, we'll devote all we have to her, even to the point of turning away other attractive women. You can tame all that aggressiveness, get it to work for you, because a man in love is a fierce protector of you and yours. I know - we're hard to work with a lot of the time. You can improve your luck with men a little by avoiding the most charming and slick ones, they are better liars and actors by habit, and you can't change them.

I'm pretty smooth and whatnot.......... but ummmmmmmmmmmm........

I feel that I've been changed from the usual lying, acting, and such.

Just an outside thought!:confused:

Originally posted by SKUMBALUCKAH

I was (or still am) a shy guy... Then i found my current girl who ive been going out with for well over a year. I cheat on her like mad now and I love it. Variety is the spice of life.

fuck women

oh yes I do.

i hope your girlfriend reads this and ditches you. you fucking moron. there is NOTHING HATE MORE THAN A DUDE THAT CHEATS!!! why bother keeping a chick at all if you are going to fuck around on her. have the decency to not be her boyfriend. IT MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD. YOU SHOULD GROW UP AND CUT THAT SHIT OUT!

I had a boyfriend once who always used to ask why I needed other guys in my life. If I get along with someone so well, and am attracted to their personality, then ~why not~ just be with them. I guess I need diversity in my friends, there were just certain aspects of their personalities I needed, like their sick sense of humor, or maybe i had a really good time all the time with them, but these and other reasons (example- a good guy friend who's sillyness and outgoing personality might be directly related to their maturity) that I may not find desirable in someone as my boyfriend. I've had a lot of guy friends, out of which only 1 or 2 have stuck around through bad times, relationships -on both sides, but I could never say they wouldn't have jumped at the chance had it been offered. I keep guy friends knowing that it always means sexual tension, and this way it never catches me off guard. I don't care if they have created some kind of false reality in our relationship because I keep our friendships based on the fact we have a good time together, and don't worry about what's on their mind. I feel ya, siloette about losing people to paint with over this dumb shit. its happened to me way too often. I'm over looking for guys to be cool with and paint, because its really rare, hanging out with guys you learn how they are towards girls. Going painting is a lame excuse to try to get with someone. its insulting. I should talk though... that's how i met who I'm with now. So actually disregard everything I said... :D

NO! We still want to fuck you. How many of your friends that are guys have ugly ass friends that are girls? All their friends that happen to be girls are probably hot or at least "fuckable"

sorry to be so brutally honest but thats how it is.

[

"men are only faithful because they have to be and would rather go fuck every chick they see. am i wrong? does any guy only want one girl?? that is so fucking depressing. "

not true , lots of guys including me only want their girl .........and the good ones are faithful bc they wanna be.......so not to hurt their gf.......but all men will think about it.......

everything thats relevant has already been said by ZESTO AND SEEKING.........listen to them ......theyve said it well

Originally posted by Iris

i hope your girlfriend reads this and ditches you. you fucking moron. there is NOTHING HATE MORE THAN A DUDE THAT CHEATS!!! why bother keeping a chick at all if you are going to fuck around on her. have the decency to not be her boyfriend. IT MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD. YOU SHOULD GROW UP AND CUT THAT SHIT OUT!

nah my girl wont read this, and even if she did, she wouldnt know its me. Don't get me wrong i love her like mad and really would not want to loose her for a fling... but i like the risks, its fun, its exiting its experementing...

the thing is... why should i grow up?! im not ready to settle down, so im going to have as much fun as I can. I used to think 'yeah im going to be faithful' etc etc... but why?! save it for when you get married.

My friends parents have been together since they where 16.. it was thier first relationship... now recently they have both been busted for cheating... why?? I think its becasue they did not experement and discover other people when they where younger...

My therory is, if you get your experemental stage over with when your reasonably young.. you will be set up and more content when you are older and have less (if any) of an urge to stray, because you have done it and know what is out there... and really be satisfied and apperciate your partner.

play on! :crazy:

Don't get me wrong i love her like mad and really would not want to loose her for a fling...

the thing is... why should i grow up?! im not ready to settle down, so im going to have as much fun as I can.

So in the process - you're hurting the girl you love. Even if she knows about it or not. How can you face her with the shit you've done? You can't have both. It's unfair, it isn't right - and most off, you're a selfish little dick who could give a shit about someone's feelings.

How would you like it if you were all true blue to some lady and you found out she was hoeing around with every other tom, dick & harry? Wouldn't you be crushed? If you want to play - then play. Just be a man about the entire situation (unless you're frontin') and let her go... that sort of shit is bound to destroy a person for quite some time...

Originally posted by jades_blue

So in the process - you're hurting the girl you love. Even if she knows about it or not. How can you face her with the shit you've done? You can't have both. It's unfair, it isn't right - and most off, you're a selfish little dick who could give a shit about someone's feelings.

How would you like it if you were all true blue to some lady and you found out she was hoeing around with every other tom, dick & harry? Wouldn't you be crushed? If you want to play - then play. Just be a man about the entire situation (unless you're frontin') and let her go... that sort of shit is bound to destroy a person for quite some time...

What she doesnt know wont hurt her. I dont want to let her go because she is cool and i like fucking her when i want.:lol: Im not married to her, i havnt made vows to her, i can do what i please and yes im a cunt.

At the end of the day my morals are different to yours and just becasue a lot of people would say yours are 'right' doesnt mean they are right in my book. Please go back and read what I was saying. I do want to eventually settle down and be faithful, just not right now.

And yes I have been fucked around by women, which might be one of the reasons i don't have a lot of respect or trust for them.

Give it up Skumbaluckah, they will continue to think you match the first part of your name. Quit trying to justify yourself to others, when it is obvious you can not justify your actions for yourself. Oh and by the way, if she doesn't already know, she will find out, we always do. You will piss off the wrong girl, open your trap at the wrong time, or have a "friend" who wants your girl for himself. Someone will tell her eventually.

Back to topic. I have always had more guys friends than girl friends. I am a bit of a tomboy so I always thought the guys did fun stuff and the girls were a bit boring. I appreciate both now, but I still tend to have mostly guy friends. When we were younger and first got together, my man had a bit of a jealousy problem, but he has chilled now.

like i said, im a cunt. or scum, whatever you want to call me i dont care... your just not understanding my philosophies.

I think she does know, she has been told serveral times and confronted me. She is still here.

:king:

does she car? and your "philosophies" suck. didn't you mom teach you to mind your manners?

yes she cares about me thats why she is still with me. I doubt it will last, but hey thats life.

My mum has been married twice, both failed... she was way too young the first time (going back to what i said)... she currently has 3 boyfriends and is doing exactly what she should of done when she was younger.

why, you interested!? :lol:

bojangles is my boyfriend. so no i'm not. i was just curious as to how old you are. cheating is semi-excusable if you are still in highschool.

I dont give out personal information on graffiti boards, but im old enough to have sex with whoever i choose and old enough to get pissed out my face and buy drinks for women who i want to sleep with.. :crazy:

any time your in the UK we should go out for a drink... :idea:

Don't be too quick to pass judgement on Mr. Skum. No one on here knows the in-depths of his relationship or what his girl's personality is like, etc.

Skum: If the current girl IS in fact in love with you and looking for monogomy, I'd personally say to let her go just to be safe -- fucking with people's emotions is a karma boomerang and makes the other person feel like shit. But if she's on the same tip as you, fuck it, keep the "in-house" as long as it works. Maybe she's just cool with letting you fuck around for a while ... ?(I stress "a while")

To actually strengthen your argument, I'll kick down my experience:

I've been with my girl for about 2 years. First girl I had sex with, first girl I kissed, first girl I even went on a date with -- and I'm 23 (you can do the math). Dumb bitches in high school made me laugh, Dawson's Creek-style drama isn't my stee, and trying to get dates with the cool ones got in the way of all the destructive, reckless fun you can have before you're 18 ... jerking off just made more sense.

We met in a weird way. She actually hit on me based on my fucked-up sense of humor (?) and we connected and hit it off. The relationship is good and I will never in my life cheat on her. However,* I often feel the weight of inexperience leaning on me and ponder getting physical with other chicks. My moral obligation and love for her won't let me cheat (plus I don't know any girls other than her who would get down with a grungy fuck like myself), yet I almost feel like my pondering male brain will lead into a state of frustration that SHE shouldn't have to deal with on the other end. I REALLY want to give her complete faithfulness but fuck if my eye doesn't wander like a bat out of hell. This might lead to my own boredom; a lack of physical interest in her. I don't want her to feel unwanted physically. If I were to run around and fuck a bunch of chicks I could give a fuck about maybe it would calm my primal ass down and allow me to be more focused on my actual love. Maybe it wouldn't either but that's where Skum is making the right moves. He knows he's young and needs to explore and shit so he just does it, and, despite his predicament with the girl he's "with," he might actually have a better thing with another girl in the long-term than those who haven't.

You have hit the nail on the head Unregistered. Im glad someone understands where im comming from.

I know she is in love with me and am pretty much certain that she will never cheat on me. To start with, I never cheated on her and REALLY didnt want to, I was happy and in love with her.

I don't know if I can truly say iam in love with her now, but all I know is my mind is pondering all these other women and if they happen to start flirting with me or whatever im not going to be the one to say stop.

Maybe your right about the whole karma boomerang, but I enjoy her company (and yes, sleeping with her) and I know it would hurt her either way; if i spit up with her now, or if i got busted.

Originally posted by post.

I keep guy friends knowing that it always means sexual tension, and this way it never catches me off guard. I don't care if they have created some kind of false reality in our relationship because I keep our friendships based on the fact we have a good time together, and don't worry about what's on their mind. I feel ya, siloette about losing people to paint with over this dumb shit. its happened to me way too often. I'm over looking for guys to be cool with and paint, because its really rare, hanging out with guys you learn how they are towards girls.

Here it is - a woman who understands. This is the way to behave with guys. All the rest of you girls on here, read the above paragraph again.

you stupid cheaters make me mad!

like i said, im a cunt. or scum, whatever you want to call me i dont care... your just not understanding my philosophies.

I think she does know, she has been told serveral times and confronted me. She is still here.

:king:

okay i dont get this. obviously "your girl" has no respect for herself. as well as you dont have any respect for her. what makes you think that she isnt going around sleeping with guys behind yuor back? and if she is, more power to her. as for you, i can understand that you want to "experiement". but come on now, who the hell are you fooling?! you are in this "so-called-relationship" with this one girl that you supposedly "love". isnt a relationship a common bond between two people? i mean, have you guys discussed the fact that you guys should or are (in just your case) having an open relationship because, well oh geez, isnt that the most smartest thing to do? why are you in a fucking relationship then? you really do need a ego booster if you still want your girl and still have girls flirting with you. do you really have that low of a self asteem?? you know, dont be in a relationship where you cant keep your hands to yourself. as a matter of fact, break up with her for the love of god. you are hurting her and you dont give a shit. you guys should prolly sit down and talk about your "terms" together. whether or not if you are in an open relationship. and seriously, come clean to her. she will fucking slice your balls in two but ya know, you have to. its the morality of it. you arent worth her time it seems like it to me.

Archived