i am a fat fucking piece of shit

bation

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should do a "12oz Weight Loss Challange," weigh yourself each morning and post it up here in the thread. The embarrassment from being a fat slacker might be your main motivation.

I should do this.

I've been real lazy with exercise since I've started working and feel like I need to really step it up if I am going to be ready to race next Spring.

The thing is, I ride a bike 75% of the time and walk the other 25%.

I don't eat much processed food, rarely eat cheese or other dairy, don't eat meat or most "junk" foods, don't drink soda that often...drink a shit ton of water every day, eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies.

But I stay the same weight and build.

I work hard lifting boxes all day and 100% of our groceries are carried home on my back.

It seems like I would be totally ripped.

But I am not.

I jiggle when I walk.

Eh.

My new BFF is a personal trainer so I should just hit up the gym with her everyday and I am sure she would have me in top form in no time at all.

If you want to lose weight the fastest method is a combo of running and doing planks.

You must run for a half hour at the least for this to do anything. Drink lots of water.

Hold the planks for as long as you can then keep increasing the time.

And eat right if you can, it'll really help.

30day.jpg

I highly recommend this for anyone who wants to get fit.

It's hard, but do-able..and is only 30 minutes.

Everyone has 30 minutes a day that they can work out.

It has 3 levels that get progressively harder and each level has two ways to do each exercise...one is for beginners and the second is for more advanced.

But even the advanced level isn't going to kill you...not saying it isn't hard, but I do the advanced and don't feel like I am going to die.

Level 2 has a bunch of various plank position exercises.

It mixes cardio with strength to get pretty awesome results.

Seriously, most dudes think workout DVDs are bullshit...this one is actually really awesome.

Lots of cardio. Set up a schedule to do a majority of cardio workouts at least 4 times a week. Also, i suggest lifting 2-3 days a week. The combination of these will speed up your weight loss a lot. However, you need a good diet. Without a good diet, cardio, etc are useless. You need a calorie deficiency. So, calculate your current calorie intake and knock off 500 or so. See how that is for a week, if weight loss is not substantial, cut off another 200-300 calories from your daily intake. Good luck man.

its good to see someof you on here loose as much weight as you did. good job. it feels good to be healthy.

im in the gym about 3-4 times a week. i mainly lift but i do differant things everytime i go. always switch it up so your body works harder instead of the same thing everytime. i hate treadmils so i hike to get my cardio. i know a lot of you bike and skate and run away from various things, those work too.

im partial to lifting. i do mostly free weights. this boost your metabolism the most hence if you love food you can eat whatever you like. but i do agree about stocking your kitchen with healthy good things so you can pig out on the good shit instead of the bad.

the more you get on a heathly way of eating, the less the food you liked to eat before will appeal to you. like i can taste all that gross shit in certain things i used to like.

the best thing about it is your cloths fitting better. when i first started i bought a few item of cloths a size or 2 smaller. feels good to put that smaller size on. plus you feel sexier. but i think that just the girl in me.

and drink water!

Ultimately what matters is the ratio of daily calorie intake versus how much you burn.

The average person should consume no more than 2000 calories a day. The average person also burns 1200 calories a day doing nothing (if you were to sit on the couch or lay in bed all day). Add physical activity (work involving physical labor, walking, riding a bike, exercise) and that's several hundred or a over 1,000 calories burned right there.

One summer, my car was down cause the motor popped. I rode my bike everywhere and to work 3 days out of the week and I lost a lot of weight. Now, weather permitting, if I need to go to a store by my house, I ride my bike. Riding a bike is not hard, and will help you lose weight, that is solid advice from those who stated it first. Also, you can drink beer, just drink light beer and not to excess. Drink like 2 or 3 tops after work, and when you are off, don't drink unless its out with friends. Or by yourself, whatever. Drink juice but only one cup a day, cut out the sweets, no soda, no chips or bullshit snacks, and drink water especially when you feel hungry in between meals.

just stop eating processed food.

cut out refined sugar and bleached flour and that's a few pounds a month right there.

put agave in your coffee instead of sugar and never ever ever eat white bread/rice/pasta.

Cutting out all processed white flour / white rice/ refined sugar will make you drop weight frighteningly quick if you do it right. I've seen tons of kids with "food addictions" at the spot I was institutionalized at go on a "no sugar/no flour" diet and it's basically the same as the adkins diet, where your body thinks it's starving.

However you need to do weight training if you go this route, because without it you will lose muscle mass before fat.

I actually got fatter than I ever been after my son was born 7 months ago. I was at 220 almost which was the most I ever weighed... I've never been above 200 my whole life. I realized shit was getting outta hand when even my big baggy jeans started getting tight and I had to buy a pair of 38 waist slacks for work...

I've lost over 25 lbs the past couple months. All I did was cut out processed food, got strict on not eating dairy, walk / bike a lot, and started drinking gin&tonics instead of beer. I've never been one for sweets or sodas, but drinking empty sugary calories is dumb as fuck.

Some of these diets are really stupid.

The key to a healthy diet is something you can maintain. Learning how to eat healthy is more important than losing instant weight.

With healthy eating habits and steady exercise you will lose weight and be a great shape both aesthetically and physically.

Cardio is a must if you want to lose weight. I said it before but 30+ minutes running will knock off pounds quick. You'll be super hungry afterward and that's fine, even good. Make sure that you eat a balanced meal or snack and you'll be ok.

Read this for more info

Certain foods like granola are really filling and healthy. If you want to make your own its easy and will save you money. Drink lots of water, it's not only extremely healthy it'll keep your appetite down. Stay away from already prepared foods and make your own. Fresh foods taste better and are better for you. Your body will thank you.

Good luck.