Ridiculous sentence for vandalism

the radiologist

This was posted in crossfire, but figured alot of people don't frequent there, and need to check this out.

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/topstories/52385382.html

KIIITV News

Story Created: Aug 3, 2009 at 6:08 PM CDT

Story Updated: Aug 3, 2009 at 6:08 PM CDT

August 3, 2009

A 19 year old graffiti tagger will go down in Nueces county history as being sentenced to serve one of the longest jail terms for his crime to date.

Having caused thousands of dollars in graffiti damage over the last year and a half, Ralph Mirabal was sentenced to three, 8 year prison terms to be served concurrently.

The courtroom was packed with people who were victim's to Maribal's vandalism.

Vandalism he admitted to in open court as part of his plea agreement

He stood emotionless as the prosecutor asked the judge to sentence him to prison.

Watch Rudy Trevino's report for more information.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find more info on this. But if he just painted on mad shit, I urge everyone to flood that county's offices with e-mails.

Also, in most states, they have maximum sentences of a certain amount of time, but minimum guidelines. This kids 8-year sentence could carry a minimum of a year, then he sees the parole board. He could be out in a year, but still......too much if he just painted shit.

that is complete fucking bullshit, justice gone completely wrong, that is more time than you would get for manslaughter in the UK

I swear they would have to appeal that decision because I can't belive that you can get 8 years for vandalism

That's because graffiti sucks in the U.k.

As a matter of fact rather than punishment when getting nailed with paint on your fingers out there they should fly you to a major north american city to learn about style, painting without getting busted and how not to talk with a stupid accent.

This was posted in crossfire, but figured alot of people don't frequent there, and need to check this out.

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/topstories/52385382.html

KIIITV News

Story Created: Aug 3, 2009 at 6:08 PM CDT

Story Updated: Aug 3, 2009 at 6:08 PM CDT

August 3, 2009

A 19 year old graffiti tagger will go down in Nueces county history as being sentenced to serve one of the longest jail terms for his crime to date.

Having caused thousands of dollars in graffiti damage over the last year and a half, Ralph Mirabal was sentenced to three, 8 year prison terms to be served concurrently.

The courtroom was packed with people who were victim's to Maribal's vandalism.

Vandalism he admitted to in open court as part of his plea agreement

He stood emotionless as the prosecutor asked the judge to sentence him to prison.

Watch Rudy Trevino's report for more information.

8 yrs.6 wit good behavior

If it's concurrent, that means he's only doing 8. Consecutive is when they add it all up.

That said, a writer out here is doing an 8 year bid right now for graff.

Guaranteed not his first graff related charge.

And Cali is nazi over vandalism. For good reason.

I'd be curious to see what kind of state expedatures there are for graffiti related vandalism per year.

Be through the roof.

That's because graffiti sucks in the U.k.

As a matter of fact rather than punishment when getting nailed with paint on your fingers out there they should fly you to a major north american city to learn about style, painting without getting busted and how not to talk with a stupid accent.

aren't you from canada??? so i would quit with the stupid accent comments

• Like 1

Let this be a lesson, people do around 8 years on murder 2 with a good lawyer.

Save lawyer money and just kill people, painting graffiti seems to be one of the worst offenses legally now.

Remember kids, just kill people, don't tag.

Yeah, I had a family member do a year for a supposed state "mandatory" sentence. Same thing happened to a celebrity a year later I remember, and the guy got probation. So it's all money, even if charges carry a "mandatory" sentence.