20 years of the simpsons

CMF

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Man, I remember playing the simpsons arcade game for hours as a kid. Wasted so many quarters. I remember that part where you would have to tap the buttons as fast as you can to blow the balloon up. I saw that game last time I went to Vegas a few years ago, and I've been trying to get a hold of one of those arcade games, but either people don't want to give it up or want way too much....

I grew up on that show. I couldn't watch Beavis and Butthead or Ren and Stimpy but mom was always cool with the Simpsons, she said it taught me good values. I ended up loving skateboarding and Graffiti, I wonder why...

simpsons arcade game ruled. The one that came out about a year ago for xbox is actually really fun.

because of this show, whenever someone orders a white wine spritzer at my bar, I always place it in front of them saying "a white wine spritzer spritzer spritzer spritzer"

because of this episode:

Viva_Ned_Flanders.gif

Man, I remember playing the simpsons arcade game for hours as a kid. Wasted so many quarters. I remember that part where you would have to tap the buttons as fast as you can to blow the balloon up. I saw that game last time I went to Vegas a few years ago, and I've been trying to get a hold of one of those arcade games, but either people don't want to give it up or want way too much....

I grew up on that show. I couldn't watch Beavis and Butthead or Ren and Stimpy but mom was always cool with the Simpsons, she said it taught me good values. I ended up loving skateboarding and Graffiti, I wonder why...

I have a ROM of the Simpsons arcade game. I'll send it to whoever wants it...you have to install MAMEUI32 to play it, though. And it's not quite the same playing it with the keyboard.

Here's a link to the MAME installer-

http://whiper.com/mame/

The bad news is you're going to have to figure out how to set it up on your own. The good news is there's plenty of howtos out there.

it's excellent on MAME, but for some reason I can only get it to play as Marge. That vacuum is a hell of a weapon though

Oh, good. I thought I was doing something wrong...I'm sure you can configure the startup options with the Tab key to select other players but I just stick with Marge.

i love the old episodes, when they incorporated family values & real original humor. ive seen a few decent newish episodes too, but its gone downhill. the episodes are all over the place & it almost even seems like theyre biting the randomness of family guy

i guess i can appreciated the fact they created what used to be a great show & knew how to stay rich for 20 years, good for them