The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC_0001.JPG

s

Stayed home from work today because I felt like not going to work.

Took my bike out for a ride and the new gearing really picks up speed steady and doesn't let up.

I basically could go all out and just keep building speed instead of hitting a point where I hit a wall and was at top speed.

I realized how much I have slacked all winter by riding a cruiser.

Totally got my ass handed to me and thought for a minute that I ruptured my liver after a few massive hills.

Still...having my bike put together+sunny day=better than work any day

Glenn why the hell do all those photos look like theyre from the 60s when theyre not? ahaha nice lil collection though. I just posted this in the trunk junk thread but I still have no where else to put my spare parts. Go me an old Standard Tao, some standard bars and a stem, profile cranks, threshold chainwheel and an old GT pacman fork hahaha...almost a complete bike just floating in my trunk...

2psoirt.jpg

• Like 1

Glenn why the hell do all those photos look like theyre from the 60s when theyre not? ahaha nice lil collection though. I just posted this in the trunk junk thread but I still have no where else to put my spare parts. Go me an old Standard Tao, some standard bars and a stem, profile cranks, threshold chainwheel and an old GT pacman fork hahaha...almost a complete bike just floating in my trunk...

2psoirt.jpg

lemmie know if you want to part with that tao...

lemmie know if you want to part with that tao...

Word. The frame is still solid and its just ugly because of a retarded paint job that i got bored with. It was black originally. I still have the Standard Lifetime Warranty certificate. I was going to build it up to ride for shits and giggles, but if you could find a Standard Trails 250 Id be willing to trade. I sold my a couple years ago and it was by far my favorite frame to ride. I got my other flatland build so in all reality if I had a trails 250 I would have no need for the Tao.

the DTT reminds me of an old haro ultra my boy used to have back in the day... i always liked riding it, so now i'm going to have one.

ultra3_lg.jpg

kid had damn near the exact bike to that one (boosted from bmx museum), the seat and seat post are different, but those are the same stupid pegs he had, same bash guard sprocket and the same stickers... i used to think that bike was the shit...

the kid who had that bike had two homies who had these two bikes... a performer pro tour and a slammer... i remember those kids being pretty shitty at riding, but they had those sweet bikes so i would chill with them and when they got all stoned i'd hop on their bikes and do pinky squeaks... i had a fucked up, bent and dented hand me down standard shorty back then with a 1 piece crank and giant 2" wide pegs... those were the days...

1997_pftt_lg.jpg

slammer_002_copy0_lg.jpg

little blast from the late 90's past...

• Like 1