The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

I love that thing . Rad . :cool:

Before the name " Mongoose " was bastardized and sold to sell $100 POS bikes bought at WalMart & Target...Mongoose were the shit back in the day and the above is a nice survivor .

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was so sad when mongoose became a walmart brand. it made bmx feel cheap. same w/ schwinn. that one really hurt. i used to have one of the foster bros frames. wish i still had that bike.

the mongoose fallout was at the same time huffy was trying to be a 'real' bmx company. weird.

tko.jpg.8df536116c9a8731d548e7273f434a96.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some greasy teenage jerkstore jumped my fence and stole my Stolen from my bike shed.

We don't have a serial number or reciept so the cops aren't thinking they will find it and we can't file an insurance claim.

I ordered the new Sunday Funday Pro bright fucking red bike.

It will ship out in three weeks.

I already got a longer seat post and magnesium pedals and will probably keep the gearing the same for a little while until I can save up money for that shit.

Only having a crappy Subrosa cruiser to ride is totally bunk.

I hope I see a kid on my bike so I can chase them down and beat em up.

I had a Stolen "Heist" 2008, but basically everything on it had been upgraded.

I usually always kept my bike inside, but where I live in Germany, not many thefts occur..and our landlords are hoarders and fill the stairwell with piles of junk and it's hard to manuver around when I go to work at five in the morning.

My landlords leave the house doors open all the time or leave their keys in the door, leave cases of wine and beer sitting out, have all sorts of shit in the back yard.

I figured it would be safe.

Plus, our street is a side street and doesn't get much traffic and to see my bike, you really had to be looking because it was to the side and behind a shed and a bunch of bushes.

Eh.

Lesson learned the hard way.

I guess now I just start building my perfect bike again.

• Like 1