The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah dude, really...a lot of kids in those "other" forums try that dumb shit or "mod" parts to save weight..they usually end up with a broken bike and broken bones.

Just buy a bike dude, some people like heavy bikes some dont. Like I said before its personal preference. Some kids are weight whores while me...I think my bike weights around 24 pounds (I have some pretty brutal wheels that dont take shit from anyone)

and shit..really you are starting off...I started off riding a heavy ass tank mongoose when I was a kid...in fact a lot of the older heads like DHarblz, Celt, and Iron Chef remember when having a tank of a bike was the IN thing ( I used to have a Standard that weighed a shit ton)...it was only until recently that having a light as fuck bike was the new trend in BMX

Just get your bike first before you start worrying about cutting weight.

Put it together, ride it a few days and see how you feel.

Odds are you'll be fine with it how it is and won't see any need to make it lighter.

Even my race bike wasn't built to be super light, because I was used to the weight and could haul ass with it as is so I never had reason to try to do shit to make it 1-2lbs lighter.

Go hard.

Germany dude, it gets cold

http://www.albes.com/dkkvant2010stockbike.aspx

This DK is pretty good...i think CELT has a friend that rides for DK

That would be my friend Nina Buitrago , who is one of the gnarliest BMX riders I've seen do crazy shit in person . And she's also one hell of a cool bartender . :cool:

n651290034_5061674_4877.jpg

34292_10150211710130035_651290034_1.jpg

35737_10150220102635035_651290034_1.jpg

And yes Now That's Class has a full ramp setup inside & outside the bar . Stop by if you're ever in Cleveland . A shitload of good bands play there , recently Eyehategod played . :cool:

Just buy a bike dude, some people like heavy bikes some dont. Like I said before its personal preference. Some kids are weight whores while me...I think my bike weights around 24 pounds (I have some pretty brutal wheels that dont take shit from anyone)

and shit..really you are starting off...I started off riding a heavy ass tank mongoose when I was a kid...in fact a lot of the older heads like DHarblz, Celt, and Iron Chef remember when having a tank of a bike was the IN thing ( I used to have a Standard that weighed a shit ton)...it was only until recently that having a light as fuck bike was the new trend in BMX

Also i will say this again

Oh and with the money you save from not getting a sunday...invest in a helmet man, a lot of good bmx pros are going to the hospital lately

One of the things you will pay for when buying a "good" bike is the geometry that goes into it... certain companies have been into the game and are run by guys that are old enough to be a lot of people here's dads... ie they know what they're doing.

Also after watching that video, it looks like they fixed all the things I've said are wrong w/ the cruisers I've ridden... which is cool.

yeah i know, i need to just hurry up and make the money and get a bike.

i would get a walmart bike, but il be damned if i go back to a walmart bike. im sure id have no problem with it if i didnt ride road bikes and mountainbikes, and wasnt picky as all hell about them

One of the things you will pay for when buying a "good" bike is the geometry that goes into it... certain companies have been into the game and are run by guys that are old enough to be a lot of people here's dads.

DADDY????

HAHAHAHA, nah...we are probably the same age DHrblz

yeah i wear gloves when i mountainbike, i had a pair of dakine gloves but the first day i ripped a seam in the palm.

thats something im not going to skimp out on, gloves, seats (for riding that involves alot of sitting) and shoes i dont fuck around with. i have a seat that cost twice as much as my mountainbike did :lol:

You really don't need gloves for flatland tricking, but if riding dirt or street...it will save your skin when you eat shit.

Which you will.

My winter ones are basically just so my hands don't freeze while riding in the German frigid coldness.

The other ones just keep my hands nice and soft and keep the skin on them.

Hands with no skin=bad news.

yeah i think i fucked up my terminology earlier, il be riding street, with maybe a little bit of flatland.

are there bmx specific gloves?

i use a pair of hunting gloves that i spent like 90 dollars on back when i would hunt every legal day when its winter. i know its nothing compared to germany but im used to 115 degree weather, not 35 degree weather. and i commute, so gloves are a must.

there are tons of gloves... problem is they get stinky and need to be replaced every now and then and can be expensive.

They ARE nice, and it is great when you can save your knuckles or sweaty hands don't fuck with your grip of the handlebars... then again when I'm at the trails I just put my hands in the dirt and get some dirt on the handle bars too lol and that seems to work fine for me ;).

i wash my gloves every other ride, so no stinky gloves for me.

and i haaaaate that dirt on the bars trick haha, i use grip shifts on my mtb (by choice so get off my nuts any mtb riders in here) and im not risking getting any unnecessary grime in there because they are a royal pain in the ass the second those shifters leave the bars.

Yeah dude, really...a lot of kids in those "other" forums try that dumb shit or "mod" parts to save weight..they usually end up with a broken bike and broken bones.

THE RACERS WERE SHEDDING LBS ON THERE BIKES FOREVER-

ACTUALLY BACK IN THE 80's A LOT OF US WERE DRILLING HOLES INTO OUR ALREADY KLEENEX-BOX LIGHT UNI SEATS AND DOWN BOTH SIDES OF OUR BRAKE ARMS.

THAT WAS INFLUENCED TO US BY THE "RACERS" WE KNEW, WHILE WE WERE STEALING WOOD FROM CONSTRUCTION SITES TO BUILD THE HALFPIPE WE JUST GOT PLANS TO BUILD IN THE LATEST ISSUE OF BMX ACTION MAGAZINE.

*NONE OF US WERE IGNORANT ENOUGH TO DRILL PRIMARY PARTS = FRAME/FORK,,,DUH!!??

***YOU WERE COOL IF YOU COULD PICK YOUR BIKE UP EASILY WITH ONE FINGER, AND FOOLS WOULD CHECK THAT SHIT TOO!!!

WE DID GO FOR THE LIGHTEST SHIT POSSIBLE, THE "TANK" ERA WAS THE MONGOOSE MOTO-MAG DAYS BEFORE THAT WHEN THE PADS ON YOUR BIKE WERE LEATHER WITH THE METAL SNAPS THAT ALWAYS RUSTED!! BEFORE VELCRO AND JOHAR OF CALIFORNIA TOOK OVER THE PAD GAME.

Yo acer when your shit come in come up to Greensboro and ride Im trails. Im getting back into this shit as well.

whats the name of the trails up there?

i get alot of opportunities to ride mtb on the different trails in the state, but they all talk about them by name, not city.

DHhabz--If you want to ride concrete park...Mabel Davis Skatepark on Oltorff & 35 is pretty good.

Just go there super early in the morning, like around dawn...otherwise it'll be over-ran with teenage wastoids.

Lol, I will keep that in mind as well... but as I stated before, my favorite thing is dirt jumps. I do enjoy the park on occasion however. I also hate how skater fags think that all bmx riders are idiots that chip concrete ledges.