The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then this pops up for 60AUD... Would make it a hella lot easier... Made a cash offer, will wait and see.

Yessssir

Originally 60 + postage...

I've only got 50 but I'll collect.

I'm at Newport... What...?

Ever come to the city...?

Delivered to my door next Tuesday morning.

:D :D :D

dude, good luck w/ those pedals... I got to where I wouldn't use shit like that... you should see my shins after years of riding.

I now use Shimano DX platforms... they were a bit pricey but I like them... I used to really like the s&m platforms...

Oh... I also despise the primo platforms... even the magnesium ones...

So far I'm thinking...

Demolition Medial cranks

http://demolitionparts.com/product_medial.html

Demo Stealth Stem

http://demolitionparts.com/product_stealth.html

Odyssey Lumberjack Bars

http://www.odysseybmx.com/catalog/handlebars/lumberjack/

Taking recommendations as to wheels and fork, I don't really know anything about BMX wheels

Fit makes a good set of wheels called "FLOW Wheels" they are on their high end bikes and not much money.

The Oddy Elementary stem is so sick though...

odyssey-elementary-v2-stem--without-tabs.jpg

I'm really tempted to just buy all Odyssey parts, seem so fucking solid

Oddy does make good parts, I would give you that. Those stems are pretty solid, they are the only stems that I know if you crank it to hard can bend bars. But some people still say that it slips on them. So its up and down on that stem.

I skate , but us skate & BMX folk in Cleveland hate fixed gear queers alike . I don't hate the bike style , but 75% or more of the people riding them are the biggest douchebags . Quite a few of them are terrified of us , which is what Skating & BMX need again...hate & fear from the masses .

We'd get along great, I have elbows like coconuts and a mouth like a sailor on steroids.

For the record, I like track bikes and pants that fit but that doesn't make me queer. I also like BMX and skateboarding, and will punch a rollerblader in the vagina. For FUN!

• Like 1

The G-sport rollcages look pretty good for my range, any suggestions on hubs?

And what's the deal with the super thick axles? Is that necessary?

LOL< WUT?

Usually the deal is 14mm in the back and 3/8 in the front or a 17mm with internal threaded 3/8 bolts (they call these female hubs)

Make sure you get a 3/8 fork as well

I ride a 14mm up front cause I am a fatty...haha, nah, I just like 14mm they seem a little more sturdy to me.

that frame!

the tube thing sounds dumb, its really not THAT hard to fix a flat.

and seats look pretty sketchy, can you even adjust the tilt?

Its not to make it easy to fix a flat, its made so you can fix a flat on the fly without taking your wheel off in the middle of a jam.

Everything has a purpose. You could make some linear tubes out of old 26" tubes, I imagine.

As far as tilt on single piece seats they probably have models with degree variations...but if you're riding something like that all you'd really want is something parallel with the top tube.

It's good to see the lightweight trend in BMX pushing new ideas. One of the big things that kept me off 20" bikes was that they all weighed 35+ lb, and coming from riding road bikes that's way too heavy to make sense.

I just saw these the other day-

tierra.jpg

This frame is awesome. I have a Fly bike and they are really solid frames. Most of the frames they make are like this, low, short backends, and tilted back seat tubes

pantera.jpg

Not the color that I have, but I love this bike. Really its awesome and strong. I also like the whole chainstay brakes, I think it looks cleaner then seatstay

Here's my tentative parts list so far...

Cranks- Demolition Medial

Stem- Demolition Stealth

Fork- Odyssey Dirt

Bars- Odyssey Lumberjack

Rims- Alienation Black sheep

Seat- Aitken

I'm still up for suggestions on hubs and whatnot, so far I'm leaning towards alienation clutch hubs or odysseys

Clutch hubs? Alienation clutch hubs are terrible. They have numerous problems and end up breaking. Plus unless you are going to ride fakie a lot , clutch and freecoasters are not really necessary, and they just cause more problems then they are worth.

Oddy Vandero hubs are pretty good

Its not to make it easy to fix a flat, its made so you can fix a flat on the fly without taking your wheel off in the middle of a jam.

how on earth does that work?

and why hasnt it been applied to mountainbiking yet?

unless your running tubeless, pinch flats are the bain of every cx riders existence. especially if you ride a rigid bike