The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

this is gay as fuck.

if you want to ride a rigid 26" bike ride a fucking ss mountain bike.

and put some brakes and a freewheel on that shit. you're not cool for having less control. these faggots think they're some piece of cycling evolution because they're ignoring sense at every turn.

and that sunday cruiser is fucking beautiful.

propped the moment i can, damn 24'ed...

seriously though, what you said is the realness... even worse, is a fixie with pegs... yuuuuuck.

http://thecomeupbmx.net/videos/steven-jensen-fixie-edit/

there ya go... have fun with that guys.

i'll start you off: why does dude have different gear for different bikes? I know they're different time periods... but really? wow. Also, sprocket-less bmx is LAME, buy a fucking freecoaster. Dude actually rips on a bmx bike, too bad it's not a bike when you push it with your feet.

also, why does it look like he's rockin' one of those sleeve tattoo t-shirts?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the difference between a 24 inch cruiser and a 24 inch cruiser race bike? if its the brake cable then the sunday 24's are race bikes too

No its the frame

That DK is made of aluminum which is lighter and made for racing

I dare you to do jumps on a aluminum frame, shit would rip apart quick, that is why regular bmx frames are made of 4130

propped the moment i can, damn 24'ed...

seriously though, what you said is the realness... even worse, is a fixie with pegs... yuuuuuck.

http://thecomeupbmx.net/videos/steven-jensen-fixie-edit/

there ya go... have fun with that guys.

i'll start you off: why does dude have different gear for different bikes? I know they're different time periods... but really? wow. Also, sprocket-less bmx is LAME, buy a fucking freecoaster. Dude actually rips on a bmx bike, too bad it's not a bike when you push it with your feet.

also, why does it look like he's rockin' one of those sleeve tattoo t-shirts?

Yeah but even Adam makes a comment about that crappy vid

but I can’t help but thinking “he could do a lot more stuff if his wheels were smaller and he had a cassette”.

That dude is gayer then 9 dudes fucking 10 dudes

This remind me when a couple of years back when the hipster transition was made and every one started rockin tight pants painted 1970's pieces with stock caps........???????

No real reason but to take a further step to be ''different'' than the kids trying to be different than the masses.

The tricks are ugly the STYLE is ugly and why make things more diffucult for your self when the technology is there.

Fuck fixed gears and the trendy douche bags that worship them.

Fuck fixed gears and the trendy douche bags that worship them.

I agree... I can just pick them out here in Austin too... people that are like.. yeah ... I ride... then they have skin tight jean shorts w/ a couple cuffs in them that stop right above the knees, some sleeveless shirt, a cool mowhawk, a messenger back, and some of those faggy low cut canvas shoes w/ no socks.

Nah, FBM is east coast

Terrible One has always been there. i will email my brother in law and he can get the addy for you if you want to ride it. I dont remember where it was I never drove there (I think somewhere south like over on Mopac??) Its cool though

Also have to been to Empire? They have a cool bowl you can ride and plenty of gear if you want to update your ride.

Yeah I had an inkling that FBM wasn't it... damnit, now it's going to bug the shit out of me if I cannot remember. Actually I think the frame fab shop that I'm thinking of burnt down... and wasn't too far from 9th street. I think the road you're thinking of for the T1 ramp is Manchaca.... could be incorrect about that though.

Yes, I have been to Empire... the new kids working there were the ones that tried telling me that I shouldn't be sitting while I'm riding... lol... and I was probably doing all this bmx shit before they had their training wheels off. I remember when Tom and Tina worked for Trend BMX and remember when Trend BMX was part skate shop, part bike shop.... I also remember when their shop mascot Bonnie was just a wee little puppy. A lot has changed since then, Trend closed down, Tom and Tina got married I think... fairly certain when I was heavily into it and Tom was still riding a lot and they were not married... and now they run their own BMX joint. It's a cool shop, but just like I'm not with the evolutionist fixed gear riders, you won't see me putting a tiny sprocket and a cassette hub on the rear wheel.

I still have a pair of 1/2" axle suzue dragonfly hubs chrome that have never been laced.... those shits were SICK back in the day... but now they're kinda dated.... I'll still use them some day or sell them if someone offers me the right price.

My bike is pretty decked out with nice parts, and the color scheme (which I'm very particular about) is very nice... it's only got gray/black components... and a snafu stem on it that's some Lime Green montana color I painted it years ago... oh and matching lime green hand grips. I'll post a pic when I get a new one of it.

No its the frame

That DK is made of aluminum which is lighter and made for racing

I dare you to do jumps on a aluminum frame, shit would rip apart quick, that is why regular bmx frames are made of 4130

i gotchya, all the cruisers i saw on dans comp had the brakes set up where you couldnt do a barspin. someone link me to a cruiser with a gyro?

do they even use gyros anymore?

I agree... I can just pick them out here in Austin too... people that are like.. yeah ... I ride... then they have skin tight jean shorts w/ a couple cuffs in them that stop right above the knees, some sleeveless shirt, a cool mowhawk, a messenger back, and some of those faggy low cut canvas shoes w/ no socks.

Yeah I had an inkling that FBM wasn't it... damnit, now it's going to bug the shit out of me if I cannot remember. Actually I think the frame fab shop that I'm thinking of burnt down... and wasn't too far from 9th street. I think the road you're thinking of for the T1 ramp is Manchaca.... could be incorrect about that though.

Yes, I have been to Empire... the new kids working there were the ones that tried telling me that I shouldn't be sitting while I'm riding... lol... and I was probably doing all this bmx shit before they had their training wheels off. I remember when Tom and Tina worked for Trend BMX and remember when Trend BMX was part skate shop, part bike shop.... I also remember when their shop mascot Bonnie was just a wee little puppy. A lot has changed since then, Trend closed down, Tom and Tina got married I think... fairly certain when I was heavily into it and Tom was still riding a lot and they were not married... and now they run their own BMX joint. It's a cool shop, but just like I'm not with the evolutionist fixed gear riders, you won't see me putting a tiny sprocket and a cassette hub on the rear wheel.

I still have a pair of 1/2" axle suzue dragonfly hubs chrome that have never been laced.... those shits were SICK back in the day... but now they're kinda dated.... I'll still use them some day or sell them if someone offers me the right price.

My bike is pretty decked out with nice parts, and the color scheme (which I'm very particular about) is very nice... it's only got gray/black components... and a snafu stem on it that's some Lime Green montana color I painted it years ago... oh and matching lime green hand grips. I'll post a pic when I get a new one of it.

Yeah, a lot has changed

Bonnie is RIP

Tom doesnt ride much anymore

I still like cake

Dude gyros are for nyquist wannabe fags... what's the time diff between a single barspin and a double? If you can do a single, you can do a double, it's as simple as that. I was to the point of almost being able to do bunny hop bar spins... and I never used a gyro.

I guess if you do flatland then one is needed...

No you dont, you can use a linear cable and do barspins. Gyros are just a easy way to detangle.

Most bmx cables like Oddy cables have a linear housing that allow them to work even if they are tangled, its crazy scientific....like magnets n shit

• Like 1

No you dont, you can use a linear cable and do barspins. Gyros are just a easy way to detangle.

Most bmx cables like Oddy cables have a linear housing that allow them to work even if they are tangled, its crazy scientific....like magnets n shit

yeah i guess theres the foot in the back wheel method if my brakes go out. i was just concerned about lack of ability to turn if your cables are tangled

EARLY/MID-80'S:

1.) "POTTS MODIFICATION" ***FRONT BRAKE THROUGH STEM.

2.) "ACS ROTOR" ***REAR BRAKE (SINGLE-PULL)

3.) "ODYSSEY GYRO" ***REAR BRAKE (DOUBLE PULL)

FROM MEMORY,

BUT HAD TO GOOGLE THE NEWEST SHIT:

*SCURA INVENTED THE GYRO,

MOVED TO ANOTHER COMPANY AND IMPROVED ON HIS IDEA WITH THE ORYG.

oryg_upper.jpg

+10 just run a little more slack... the only down side is that you have to barspin back the other direction, but if you cannot bar spin both ways what good are you anyway. Also, Gyro's are difficult to keep dialed in... if the cables stretch unevenly .... and the cables DO stretch... then you will get to readjust.... I really have not been on too many bikes in my time that had GOOD brakes and a gyro. Not saying it won't stop, but I've got that straight cable tap lightly w/ two fingers lock the back wheel up shit goin on my bike which is fine by me in comparison.

Iron Chef - that is some good history that I was unaware of.

I still have yet to be able to manual (I can manual quite well), barspin holding seat w/ knees/calves.... and then catch it and continue manualing.... my front ALWAYS drops. I dunno I might figure it out some day, it's obvious that I'm letting the front end drop... w/e.

I still have yet to be able to manual (I can manual quite well), barspin holding seat w/ knees/calves.... and then catch it and continue manualing.... my front ALWAYS drops. I dunno I might figure it out some day, it's obvious that I'm letting the front end drop... w/e.

well... despite my distaste for low seats, i have tried it out. I pinch normally, but my seat is still below my knees, but not as low as what's the norm now.

With a slammed seat, i try to almost lean my seat/frame into my right leg *i throw with my left hand. it kinda works like pinching, but looks pretty hurt. This works pretty well with bars to manual, i dunno about manual, bar manual, but i assume it'd work. It's almost like scooping/holding your bike up with your right leg and throwing the bars with your left hand. I'm almost certain that hoang tran dude does that, peep his legs.

also, brakes help... a little bit of over doin' it with a little brake squeeze and you never drop your front again.

if all else fails... busdriver it i guess, but that's not fresh either.

now, you need to buy a freecoaster and start doing these instead...

heh, my problem is constantly having bent/stripped bars/stems from bailing out of hang5's/nothings.

Don't fuck with an odyssey elementary stem if you're having front wheel fun, mine lasted the first week. I had that shit for a year, and the first week of fronties, that shit was done.

Also, i think they should re-introduce knurled pegs, or at least half knurled for people who still like to grind. Grip tape is bammer, my boy tried it and that shit peeled/tore up.

^^Man, I was getting close to being able to do hang fives... but my TRLS 250's geometry isn't so hot for balancing on the front wheel I think. For one it's really difficult to even kick the bike up onto it's front balance point... that was mostly what kept me from doing it... I could do it shortly on other people's bikes... but not on mine.

Another thing my step bro and I started analyzing back in the day is what foot forward people ride w/ in relation to which way they naturally grind, 360, tabletop, etc....

We found that I'm like the goofy foot of bmx... and I'm sure it has a lot to do w/ me being left handed.... for instance... I do:

360 - spin to left naturally.

Grind - grind on left naturally.

Foot forward - right foot.

I bet if you guys compare, most will be the same.. maybe not, I'd be interested to know.

fuckingyroshowdotheywork.jpg

dirty, throw with your right hand.

left foot forward

spin right

bars with left hand

grind both sides, started with left. *fun fact, i learned tooth's on my opposite side first.

hang fives on left foot

oh, and i learned whips on a tramp bike first, so i didn't have a foot preference, for some reason i kicked them to the right first... i tried them on a flyout to the right and ate shit for an entire afternoon. Second one to my left, shit was pulled.

• Like 1

Weird, I always throw a barspin w/ my left hand.

This actually gets me to thinking, it'd be kinda interesting to see someone use w/e hand to do the bar spin but throw the bars AWAY from them... I'm sure someone's already done this, but it'd maybe be a crowd pleaser for those people that have seen all the tricks already.