Does anyone remember (or know of)...

the_gooch

Sorry for this potential wasted thread, but those are pretty abundant up in here....

Has anyone ever seen this comparison list that sort of illustrated growing up "then" and growing up "now". I specifically remember seeing it in the NYC Brickslayers thread but I never saved it. Someone was just running through a list of shit and I wasn't sure if it was taken for somewhere else or if that person made it up. It was well written and on point. It was sort of like:

Back then we played in a playground with a concrete floor, we survived skinned knees, cuts and bruises. Today, kids have fancy foam padding for floors and god forbid they get a skinned knee. Something along those lines...

If anyone knows what I am talking about, let me know or post it, and yes...I already tried searching for it.

But, I guess to avoid making this a total waste of a thread us older cats can have yet another thread devoted to comparing then and now.

As always, thanks in advance (if anyone can find that thing I'm talking about)

Shit like this:

"We played 'king of the hill' on piles of gravel left on vacant construction sites, and when we got hurt, Mom pulled out the 48-cent bottle of Mercurochrome (kids liked it better because it didn't sting like iodine did) and then we got our butt spanked.

Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-day dose of a $49 bottle of antibiotics, and then Mom calls the attorney to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Mom pulled out the 48-cent bottle of Mercurochrome (kids liked it better because it didn't sting like iodine did)

hahaha....i got into a fight when i was younger, and my mom put mercurochrome on a couple of my cuts.....that shit caused the cuts to scar up....cheap shit.

Nothing wrong with thinking back fondly on childhood memories.

I got one. Candy cigarettes.

I know they tell us they promote smoking, but god damn, those were so tight when I was little. You got 2 maybe 3 good puffs of smoke out of it.

Toy guns that looked real. It made for neighborhood games that much more believable.

The red stuff for cuts and scraps? My grandpa would call it Monkeys' Blood. It would sting, but he would tell us it didn't.

Lies!

The other day I was over at the abuelos house and he was doing yardwork.

I ended up getting sweet revenge by applying it to a scrap on his ankle.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with thinking back fondly on childhood memories.

I got one. Candy cigarettes.

I know they tell us they promote smoking, but god damn, those were so tight when I was little. You got 2 maybe 3 good puffs of smoke out of it.

Toy guns that looked real. It made for neighborhood games that much more believable.

Oh snap I forgot about candy cigarettes!

Could you imagine the shit storm that would follow if someone tied to pull that shit these days??? :lol:

And these days I wouldn't trust these faggot ass cops not to jump out and shoot my kid in the head if he had a toy gun that wasn't orange.

Them bloodthirsty pussies jump on any and every excuse to bust shots these days.

LIES?

I felt my whole childhood was full of lies that adults would tell me to make me feel better.

Wasn't there a thread about this?

Confirm or I will make one.

I have 4 good lies (including said ones above) that I am a little peeved about.

I refuse to tell my kid that there's a Santa Clause or Easter Bunny or any of that fairytale bullshit.

I'm sure my parents will be pissed, but fuckem.