Sports Memorabilia

Pistol

I've always been into sports and as a kid I used to collect baseball and football cards.

Then it got too expensive and too crazy to try and collect 20000 different card companies.

Now i've been more into the memorabilia end of it.

I have some most of my stuff in storage. :(

Like a Bo Jackson signed photo and a John Wooden signed photo. a couple balls signed by various old time Dodgers.

I've got a Magic Johnson nov. 79 sports illustrated from within a couple days of my birthday. Need to get that framed.

And just recently as of the last couple months been into jerseys.

Picked up a Kobe gold home jersey.

585207246_vVKB9-M-1.jpg

Also picked up a Kareem Addul Jabber purple away jersey. Limited to 133

585208262_HHYcS-M-1.jpg

And two Kobe alternate jerseys with MVP patch. Limited to 224

585206349_PoQ5o-M-1.jpg

Everything is Upper Deck Authenticated.

On my wish list is Magic Johnson jersey, Jerry West jersey, Pistol Pete autograph, Bo Jackson jersey, Kirk Gibson signed ball, Orel Hershiser signed ball. Possibly a Jordan photo or ball.

I'm just sketchy about buying anything online other than upperdeck. Although I've heard good things about mounted memories.

The National switches between Orange County, CA and Cleveland every year.

This year its in the city of Bojangles I mean lebron. 7/29-8/02

Good place to go to get multiple signatures.

www.nsccshow.com

Not sure how this will do considering I could probably count the sports fans on the oz on one hand deto, poesia, ferris, cracksmoka, etc.

Anyways post up what you got or want and where you get it.

also /nh and future /nh entire thread for all the ball talk.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have 2 different Tony Gwynn rookie cards

I'm proud of em

A couple months ago I framed the newspaper from when LT broke the touchdown record

Did it myself and it's hanging on my wall.

Edit- should I frame those Gwynn rookies or would that be gay?

i know a guy who had a '96 yankees signed ball and it got taken by a crackhead roommate.

me, i have a bunch of jerseys, throwbacks, and baseball player autographs.

most cherished are the memories.

Orel Hershiser may have been a bit of a dick to me, but that can't take away the memory of his World Series win with the Dodgers.

I have an absolute shit ton of old baseball cards with plenty of gems in there, a handful of signed balls and a bunch of signed cards, but its all been boxed up for years in various basements. I think some of my favorites are a Kirby Puckett signed ball/card, a Reggie Smith signed card, and a couple things signed by Paul Molitor.

baseball cards, meh, i got shitloads. i gotta signed pete rose baseball and a dr. j signed basketball. i used to be on the autograph hustle mad hard as a kid. i got cal ripken baseball and a bunch of other shit signed by other less known athletes.

its not really worth shit unless its graded, authenticated or whatever.

as dude said, the memories are pretty much all theyre worth...

i saw robin yount break 3000 hits, got the ticket framed and pretty almost every card of him in a book somewhere in my p's basement. baseball was the shit til the 94 strike, then i lost faith for a long while.

cool thread. i have a signed Reggie Jackson baseball. I was an extra as a kid on a show, and was the ballboy for Clyde Drexler, Damon Stodamire, Mugsey Bogues, Mitch Richmond, and Malik Sealy RIP. I got loads of autos from all of them. I got tons of hockey stuff. a personalized Bobby Orr, Joe Sakic... countless canucks... good stuff

I have an orange Cooperstown Collection Houston Astros New Era Cap signed by Craig Biggio. Its not worth much if anything at all, but its damn cool to me! I would love to get Jeff Bagwell to sign it as well.

I had a baseball signed by Nolan Ryan, but it was lost in the Hurricane :mad:

I forgot I also have a howie long signed football.

And just ordered the deal of the day yesterday from upperdeck.

Magic Johnson and michael Jordan signed photo.

Both signatures are upperdeck authenticated.

products_image.aspx?img=dud58708.jpg

also /nh and future /nh entire thread for all the ball talk.

Well, there goes my comments on the topic.

I do have a bunch of old baseball/football cards from when I semi gave a shit about sports, too bad I don't know what's what and such.

I know I have a Kareem card from when he was Lou, a lot of rookie baseball cards, etc., etc. I also had some cards that would have been worth something until people started gambling, betting, doing steroids....................

I forgot I also have a howie long signed football.

And just ordered the deal of the day yesterday from upperdeck.

Magic Johnson and michael Jordan signed photo.

Both signatures are upperdeck authenticated.

27zm8th.jpg

upperdeck doesent allow hotlinking.

So are you currently collecting, stopped as you got older and people stopped buying you shit, collecting only if it's one of your fave teams/players?

Are you collecting purely for self, man cave, investment for future, kids, quick flip?

As for me im just collecting stuff I like as a fan.

Although the 2 white Kobe jerseys, I might sell one or give as a gift.

I was able to get it on a discount so it makes it easier to make money if I decide to sell.

Archived