dont buy Dickies steel toe work boots

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

seems like through all the posts RedWings is winning. Only other quality shoe Ive had were a pair of Docs. I had them for probably ten years and the only thing that went bad was just the wear on the sole. I made the bad choice of tossing them instead of paying the 50 bucks to have them re-soled. I dont work in construction or anything too intense but I do work in hospitality (FOH) and my constant movement is abuse in itself. Sure I can buy the 30 buck bucks from walmart every 4 months and they do the trick but Im getting sick of the pleather biting the dust. I mean everything about the boot holds up strong for a good while except for the plastic on top of the leather.

So yeah outside of work I weld, smelt, throw clay, dig, do crazy things, and well just plain and simple be very active and I usually retire my work boots after theyre not deemed attractive enough then they become my "work" boots outside of work. So its looking like 2 new pairs of redwings or docs unless someone could change my mind...

I know timberlands are nice but they have that whole level or brand. Things like Docs are just Docs and it doesnt seem like they look to have a cheap brand to make money then another to actually give a good product.

• 1 year later...

That time of year again

I think I'm gonna get some red wings this time

Been trying to find some Danner boots but no one near me sells them and I'm weary of buying work boots online with out trying them on

I actually have been wearing Dickies work boots for the past 3 years. They wear out after about 8 months and don't breathe/ make my feet smell terrible.My company expenses work boots once a year but it only covers $100, which isn't much. I just grab them because they're the cheapest and I don't want to shell out any of my own cash on work apparel.

I wear my work boots the whole winter and for painting/railroad missions, they look decent, do the job, but don't last.

I recently purchased some red wings after wearing georgias for years. I am happy with the change and am thinking about buying a second pair and doing the every other day rotation to let the leather recover fully before wearing again.

Danners are hype in my experience, not worth it.

• Like 1

For painting/benching/adventuring missions I usually find a discounted pair of steel toes since they're getting beat up and getting shit on them anyways. Believe it or not, last time I found some Skechers steel toe/slip resistant shoes and they have done me quite well. I would never buy their shit otherwise, but these are comfortable and have held up. I'm limited on brands of work shoes/boots around me, but last time I went with some Bates brand and they've been more comfortable and held together longer. Broke in pretty quickly too.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...