dont buy Dickies steel toe work boots

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extra-tuffs for the winter.

Cork bottomed for logging if you need it.

Watch out for steel toe in general, a smashed foot is bad enough with a steel toe sometimes the foot will get cut off at the toes or the steel will crush also with the toe inside.

yesterday i said fuck this shit and bought a pair of timberlands. i see why so many people wear timbs now. they are so fucking comfortable. its a shame they are gonna be ruined at work. :lol:

Actually, Timbs suck for work boots too. You'll most likely have the same problem.

*Edit, I thought you were talking about regular Timbs. I didn't even know they made real work boots.

it.

Watch out for steel toe in general, a smashed foot is bad enough with a steel toe sometimes the foot will get cut off at the toes or the steel will crush also with the toe inside.

Real talk. I used to work warehouse jobs and they'd tell you not to rock steel toes cause if some idiot runs over your foot with the forklift, the steel will bend and cut off your toes.

You're better off just rockin the hard plastic toes and dealing with a crushed foot that will somewhat heal.

only boots I'll ever wear again:

1093705743.jpg

almost as comfortable as wearing my shoes, waterproof, and durable as fuck. more than already paid for, the first day I wore them I stepped on some ice, went through it, and fully submerged my foot into water at -30 deg C and my foot stayed dry as bone.

any of you spend a lot of time on your feet at work? wear these, a little pricey but like I said, I won't wear anything else ever again.

yea. The actual day to day work isn't bad but I work with hazmat all day. Gotta wear gloves and full face respirator with cover-alls all day and shit. A dude in the shop just got diagnosed with throat cancer but he's an oldtimer and didn't wear any protective gear. Sketchy tho....

I'm in it for the advancement. Apprentices get promotions over regular employee because they teach you their way of doing things and you have no other way of doing it.

Thanks tho dao

Working at construction/demolition and other such jobs I found myself kicking everything rather than picking it up and moving it.

Those dickies are no good because they have all kinds of seams in the toe area, just waiting to get torn open when you kick stuff around.

I'd go for traditional boot design with a solid steel toe in the front.

I have these exact boots.

22082shoe.jpg

I also have a black pair that are not hiker style. I work 12 hour shifts in a manufacturing plant/warehouse and I reccomend the hiker style boosts for this. They are much lighter and more comfortable. Also, for insoles I rock some Dr. Scholls regular gel insoles with the Dr. Scholls Work specific insoles on top of them with some thick Timberland ankle height socks that have antibacterial fibers woven in them. Call me silly, but my company pays for a pair of boots per year for us, this truck comes around and all of that, and I still buy the Timb PRO's, because they cant be fucked with. The ones we can get off the truck for free are like Converse and shit that don't look anywhere near as well made and engineered as the Timb PRO boots. This year I'll probably get some off the truck for free though just to try them out. These things are all serious business to me. I don't fuck around. You have to take care of your feet.

i wear redwings irish setters

most comfortable boots ever

put in some high arch supports

tried those timb pro and gave my

mad pains in my ankles

redwings will clean and oil your boots for free

and resole for $40.00

ps: i work for military defense contractor