The New NHL just in time for Round 2 of the playoffs thread.

Dose-ink

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which goals u talking about? cause letangs and guerins goals were blasted and crosby's first goal happened so quick there was nothin he could do about it ....

if you think about it he was due for a bad game....i think varlamov was the caps best player all series...

the pens woulda got it done in game 6 if he didnt keep em in the game...we had 17 shots to 3 in the first period of game 6 and varlamov made like 7 amazing saves to keep it a 1-0 game.

^^definitely agree with you on that one.

varlamov played a great series, but he sure did pick a bad time to have a shitty game. i'm glad the pens could get some momentum going into the next round, because it's probably going to be equally as epic.

edit: also, i think that save fleury made on ovechkin 2 mins into the game on a breakaway really set the pace for the pens.

which goals u talking about? cause letangs and guerins goals were blasted and crosby's first goal happened so quick there was nothin he could do about it .....

yeah

I'm not salty about it, pens definitely deserved that one

the 3 goals I meant were the 2-0 goal (adams I think?) weak one through his 5 hole

and even though letangs and guerins were pretty hard slappers, he had a clear look at both of em and they weren't point black or anything they were both from the top of the hash marks at best

an NHL caliber goalie should make that stop everytime, or at least most of the time, not let in two in a row

I think varlamov is young, and he definitely played his ass off, but his lack of NHL experience (let alone playoff experience) showed in game 7, and the caps were pressing their luck trying to ride him throughout the playoffs and eventually it caught up with them

yeah

I'm not salty about it, pens definitely deserved that one

the 3 goals I meant were the 2-0 goal (adams I think?) weak one through his 5 hole

and even though letangs and guerins were pretty hard slappers, he had a clear look at both of em and they weren't point black or anything they were both from the top of the hash marks at best

an NHL caliber goalie should make that stop everytime, or at least most of the time, not let in two in a row

I think varlamov is young, and he definitely played his ass off, but his lack of NHL experience (let alone playoff experience) showed in game 7, and the caps were pressing their luck trying to ride him throughout the playoffs and eventually it caught up with them

yea....he made so many saves that he shouldn't have made throughout the series that it almost seemed like his luck ran out.

what do i get from the bank when i get to the bank with that?

i'm still in shock.

but, the bruins in all honesty were not playing well in their own end, too many give aways and turn overs.

and on break outs they were shooting instead of passing, and passing instead of shooting when they should have shot it!

i love how they played all year and all playoffs.

canes are a team of luck in my opinion.

pens will fucking destroy them.

GO BRUINS! next year the cup is ours! hahaha.

which goals u talking about? cause letangs and guerins goals were blasted and crosby's first goal happened so quick there was nothin he could do about it ....

if you think about it he was due for a bad game....i think varlamov was the caps best player all series...

the pens woulda got it done in game 6 if he didnt keep em in the game...we had 17 shots to 3 in the first period of game 6 and varlamov made like 7 amazing saves to keep it a 1-0 game.

Theres no reason a goalie like Varlamov should be beaten short side off a right handed shot coming down the right side.

the Williams goal was weak too, but hey, what can you expect when Poti is a top 4 Dman on your team....

which of the 6 goals you talking bout?

varlamov had a terrible game, the only goal he should have let in was crosby's 1-0 goal

the next 3 he should have had no problem but giving up the first goal in game 7 definitely got to him and his inexperience showed.

rhodeislander i'm with you.

get montador out of here.

and varlamov is a rookie BIG FUCKING UPS to him.

he played amazing for a rookie in the playoffs with no playoff experience, but he didn't have any defense around him that whole game, the pens just walked in all the time.

but he got shaken up after that first goal.