NBA PLAYOFFS 2009

TheoHuxtable..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just bad taste no matter how you look at it. Especially when these guys spent the whole year laughing, dancing, posing, coming up with choreographed sketches on the sidelines when they winning and blowing teams out of the water. And when the finally lose where is their team leader: at home with his mom. If you celebrate together when you win you can't just leave your guys alone when you come up short. i've been saying it for years and i'll say it again...fuck lebron james. and this is the guy stern has hand picked as the poster boy of the nba, the fuck outta here. now can people please stop comparing this lame to his airness.

Yeah I like LeBron, but a part of me is laughing since LeBron spent the season doing arrogant camera-poses with the team and taking pretend-pictures at the beginning of home games.

Kinda makes them look foolish after all that.

He wouldn't give an interview after the game.

He mad.

Anonymous Nuggets player accuses Lakers of buying a win

The Denver Post (Mark Kiszla) reports after the Lakers beat the Nuggets in Game 5: In an accusation that goes straight to the heart of the sport’s integrity, one member of the Nuggets shook his head in disgust after the game, and could not believe how cheap it was for Los Angeles to buy a 3-2 lead in the Western Conference finals. “The Lakers paid $50,000 to win that game. They got their money’s worth,” said a Denver player, not wanting to be identified for fear of retribution from the league.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_12466192

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/05/did-the-lakers-buy-their-game-5-win.html

the league has been fucked ever since they tried to redesign it to make it more "exciting to watch". then they try to handwrite destiny with individual players. just look at the miami heat. did they REALLY deserve to win the year that they did? absolutely not. how in the fuck do you go from winning the championship to being he worst team in the league with the same line up you had before? then with the Lakers vs Celtics finals last year....trying to make all these bullshit parallelisms with them and the old magic vs bird matchups of yesteryear. its all about the ratings.

Yeah I like LeBron, but a part of me is laughing since LeBron spent the season doing arrogant camera-poses with the team and taking pretend-pictures at the beginning of home games.

Kinda makes them look foolish after all that.

He wouldn't give an interview after the game.

He mad.

i strongly agree. however...i dont totally blame lebron. look at how the league crowned him KING fresh out of high school, far before he had to prove himself and earn that title. not to mention showing his highschool games on espn. dont get it twisted...LeBron is god's gift to basketball...hands down. but even jordan had to earn his rep.

I really like Orlando, but those dudes are so limited with the offense: it's either a montage of threes all night from Turkoglu/Pietrus/skip to my lou/Rashard etc or its a D. Howard monster dunk in the paint.

Actually, that shit is pretty entertaining.

Lakers in 6, I foresee foul trouble for D. Howard throughout the series

Found this on another forum:

When the Cavs came back out after halftime, Howard was practicing free throws. As he walked toward Cleveland's bench, injured forward Lorenzen Wright, dressed in a suit, jumped up and grabbed the net and tried to knock out one of Howard's shots.

It dropped in anyway, another symbolic moment.