The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have yet to have a good New Belgium beer that really wowed me. I had Fat Tire way back when I first came across it, didnt like it, straight disappointment. The other night while at work I decided to taste it off our tap, surprised at the maltyness I got from it. Not what I remembered. Ive been trying to be rid of hoppy beers and have more malty beers. I picked up a 6er of Fat Tire on the way home that night, got home, and became totally dissapointed once again. I still dislike this beer but I will say it is one of those beers that differs greatly between draft and bottle flavor.

Fat+Tire.jpg

oh and yeah...I recycled today. Kinda felt like an alcoholic, but its a couple months worth of booze.

beertruck.jpg

pretty sure that black hole was this years -- my buddy is always coming through with bottles.

he's managed to shift my palette into loving the darker stuff… now i crave it. /pause

drank some blind pigs last night

it's a solid IPA, but it must be the sugar or something that causes that head swirling the following morning.

Yuengling definitely can't be found "anywhere".

YuenglingMap.JPG

I'm in ohio, and we don't have yuengling ANYWHERE. One state away, and they don't distribute here. The map shows their distribution. My brother lives near philly, and it's definitely my go to beer whenever I'm out that way. Much better than any other domestic.

• Like 1

ahaha well I wasnt tryn to state it as a fact. Yuengling grows slow so they can keep their quality. In time they will expand more. Blame in on the big 3 domestic companies. They control it all but their grasp is slowly slipping each year with the new want for micro brews etc.

Either way glad you love some Yuengling.

Came across a Pint Sam Adams tonight, I was happy as hell. Odd Im a state away from my old home and beer and the sizes are so different in what they offer.

So, the beer i was talking about is called Infinium, it arrived today and i had to pay 35 dollars for the bitch.

it is a very nice lager, dont get me wrong, it has aromatics that are almost impossible to get from the way they brewed it (the German Purity law). but fuck, fuck paying that amount of money for a groundbreaking beer that is in no way shape or form anything out of the ordinary

a solid B, nothing more.

if you see it, try it to say you did, but not because you believe the hype, which i was already sceptical of. 4 ingredients? fuck outta here with your innovation talk.

I thought you were talking about Infinium, we've been selling bottles of that at my bar for about $25US and I think we received our first shipment in November. I agree that this is a beer to try once but I wouldn't go out of my way to drink it again. Are they marketing this as a collaboration with the Boston Beer Co. (Sam Adams) in Australia?

Here's a good link with more info:

http://beeradvocate.com/news/2348413

gtfo15ht0.jpg

Haven't had a beer in a week. Attempting to cut down on the calories for a bit. I think I saw one of these in Shameless last week. Made me think about all of the beers they had in Europe that I can't find anywhere in the US.

bavbottles.jpg

There's a taste that they have that you can't quite find here. I don't know the name of it, Stella kind of has it, but not to the extent that other European beers have it.

Never liked beer. About the only thing I can stand is Yuengling black and tan.

for real? I think that is by far the only beer I stay away from. First off you cant bottle a black and tan, as far as Im concerned its strictly a draft type.

But in celebration for a fantastic 2nd year come back. Yuengling bock. I think this beer and damn fine along with its sexy 1940s label.

yuengling-bock-lo.jpg

Sippn down a 6 pack tonight. So tasty.

A local beer spot i go to often has alot of goodies on draft.

Some to mention..

Rouges john john dead guy

Corsendonk Chrismas

Delrium Noctorum

Maudite and Trois-Pistoles

North Coast old #38 stout ON NITRO (Had last night, was very good)

theres all kinds of rare brews to sip at this spot..

So whats everyones favorite(s) winter brews??

Some of mine would probably be..

Anderson Valley Winter Soltice ( kinda floral but real enjoyable, smooth )

Penn Brewery St.Nick Bock ( nice and balanced, can drink a few, very smooth )

Smutty Nose Winter.. (very flavorful, warms ya up, nice and hearty brew too )

• Like 1

Had that unearthly recently but the oak barrel version, it was very good. Been drinking on hopslam and goose island ipa recently even though the hopslam is nothing compared to what it was weeks ago.

Tried that jolly pumpkin la roja too and wasn't feeling it way too sour but smelled very nice.

3354154688_3050386aee.jpg