what would make you stop writing

jkae

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i stopped graffiti because i routinely have enough dope on me to put me in jail for a couple years, and im not getting busted for no stupid ass punk petty graffiti. plus alot of people i kick it with are not graffiti writers but pushers and if i got them searched and arrested because i hit a tag somewhere i would be in more shit with them than with police. graffiti is cool when you have nothing better to do, and its really just a gateway to get caught up for other shit too. (dui, warrants, weapons, dope, etc)

graffiti is fucking petty, be abuot your money.

i'll never truly stop. graf isn't even a very big part of my life compared to a lot of serious writers, but still, it's just part of me

i have a job, a house, a wife and a kid.

i've been arrested.

i thought i was going to quit because i did a night in jail 2 weeks before my son was born

i felt like the hugest asshole in the world, but i handled that shit proper and got my case entirely dismissed

i feel like i have too much to prove to myself, my lil brother/bestfriend/partner in crime, other writers before me and also the ones new to the game, to the city, cops, government, etc.

writing graff helps keep me stoked on life, helps me become a better visual artist all around

i'm still only 23 tho, so...you never know

Getting older (ill be 33 in a few weeks). But I actually am more at peace with graffiti then I ever have (been writing since I was 14).No pressure, Nothing to prove, care less about fame. I paint when its warm and have the right friends around and I can enjoy it and experience the memories that graff has given me..Ill never just do legals, id rather quit. Even if I just paint 12 fr8s a year, catch a few tags, and do some chill walls... at least its still graffiti. A wife isnt my wife if she tries to get me to not paint illegally anymore also, and I hope if I have kids ill bring him/her to paint their first wall or fr8.

Getting older (ill be 33 in a few weeks). But I actually am more at peace with graffiti then I ever have (been writing since I was 14).No pressure, Nothing to prove, care less about fame. I paint when its warm and have the right friends around and I can enjoy it and experience the memories that graff has given me..Ill never just do legals, id rather quit. Even if I just paint 12 fr8s a year, catch a few tags, and do some chill walls... at least its still graffiti. A wife isnt my wife if she tries to get me to not paint illegally anymore also, and I hope if I have kids ill bring him/her to paint their first wall or fr8.

i wish my dad new/cared about graff enough to take me to yards :(

When I have a family and my kids are still young (till they're about 10) I'll stop, just for the sake of I have kids and it's not responsible to go do something that can get you arrested. Then I'll start again when they get like 12 or 13 and can basically take care of themselves. And I'll take them out to paint too.

i dont know if i would ever stop sketching...but i would stop bombing / fr8s if i had to do time, ended up with a serious career or had kids.

Getting arrested would def. fuck all that shit up....but i would sketch and do legals regardless

• 1 year later...

having a kid to a worthless whore who leaves to fuck highschool kids, and having no family to help out while you make the cheese, and take care of a caulic child at the same time.. but as soon as she pulled her head out her ass a few years later, the court gave my kid back to her, no questions asked. so now i've loads of free time...

• 1 month later...