what would make you stop writing

jkae

If I could face serious jail time on the next arrest, say I had kids or if it would horribly affect me and my partners relationship I would take a long break or quit, atleast from illegal art.

Taking breaks though could be for any variety of reasons.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went at it with OCD like obsession for 5 or 6 years. Then alcoholism honestly got the best of me and I didnt paint once for probably 3 years. I felt like in my little city I had done all I could do really, and I was just spinning my wheels at a certain point and I didn't really have anything to prove anymore, and at that point I felt kinda lost. Karma was catching up to me with a vengence, and kicking my ass all over the place for like years. And the substance abuse really got so bad that I was never sober ever except when I was at work. I was so drunk I didnt even care about anything, just drinking pretty much non stop. Then about 3 years ago I did a highway spot and been at it again more and more ever since. Im seriously too old for this shit tho, and Im foolish to be fucking with it again, but It's all I can think about sometimes. I don't know wtf is wrong with me, serious self destructive streak..lol.

well. obviously dis 1 time when me & my boyfriend were out bombin,,dis 1 guy triedta kidnap him & i guess me even doe none of 'em[4rm what i know of] really noticed me cuz i was juss sittin down watchin da action happen so fast. so den my boyfriend grabbed me den dragged me away & we ran off. den he said dat we gotta get mace or whatever. so yeah. & i guess we don't have da money 4 dat. but hopefully someday we'll go out bombin again. i really miss it. but pretty soon,,whenever i can,,i'll probly go hit some places up. hopefully i'll get dat big marker & take it w/me. so yeah. der's MY StORY dat stopped me 4rm bombin. grrrrr >:((

• 7 months later...
i dont know... if i had a kid, i might stop for his/her sake because im not tryin to get bagged and not be there for my kid feel me

I feel you, man I've shaken off girlfriends for graff. But I'm trying to put graff on the side for my senior year so I can get into a decent college and not catch any cases but I'll probably roll back into it during the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
^If you stopped writing cause you got a job, thats just stupid....many writers have jobs, you make it sound like if you do graffiti thats all you can do..please..I got a job, i carry markers in my car, when i stop somewhere, i could catch some tags...i work a day job so i bomb at night(you see where this is going?).....and yes..at some point your gonna be arrested, but if you say "arrests" then your just being sloppy. But your not caught in action it aint shit, so that shouldnt stop you. I will say i had to lay low after an arrest, and i had snitches near, thats when you change your name, and wait it off a little bit, or find legal walls or real chill spots during the day where you dont gotta sneak out at night.

I feel this is where im at.. i know i cant be out running a muck and the homies that got me into graff have since fallen off, but i love graff. i have encountered all of the above jobs, school, law. it makes you evaluate shit in your life but if you feel it you do it. graff is a lifestyle choice not everyone can hang.

Spent a while tagging until I had way too much on my hands. Art school studies take up a hell of a lot of time, aside from work. Not to mention I don't know entirely the streets of the Brazilian city I live in, so I don't feel like getting mugged much.

But I wouldn't say I quit it, just taking a break.

Doin' the hard work first to get some good times in the future, let's say that.