Architecture Office Is Not Quite What You Expect

This is so full of win...

02style1.jpg

The somewhat forbidding exterior of David Yocum and Brian Bell's architecture office in Atlanta.

02style2.jpg

What was once the building’s sign stands near some railroad tracks, a common sight in Atlanta.

02style3.jpg

The modest sign at the entrance.

02style4.jpg

The skylit work space, where glass doors open to the courtyard.

02style5.jpg

The kitchen, which bridges the work and living areas.

02style6.jpg

The dining table.

02style7.jpg

The narrow living area, with closet space tucked behind the bed wall.

02style8.jpg

The bathroom, with a floor of Mexican beach pebbles for drainage and narrow windows of translucent glass to admit light while protecting privacy.

02style9.jpg

Within the courtyard’s concrete-block walls, rusting metal panels cover the window openings

02style10.jpg

When the building’s front doors and window are open, you can see in to the courtyard, while people inside can look out, the better to catch glimpses of passing freight trains.

02style11.jpg

David Yocum and Brian Bell’s architecture office is located at the back of a courtyard formed by the walls of what was once an auto-repair shop.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
pretty sick. i like patina'd shit, but i bet it aint fun when trains pass by when youre trying to sleep.

I lived in a warehouse on the train tracks in Berkeley in 2003. It wasn't too bad, you get used to it and then it's actually sort of soothing.

Now, if they had been humping and joining strings in front of my house...that's a different story.