Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman

roadpig

new season starts March 4!

this show is pretty interesting and funny at the same time. i'd be willing to try some of the stuff he's eaten but not all. i could do without some rotten meat with eggs, shit bean coffee, sauteed bull dick or fermented pork...i don't think i could hang with shit like that. some of the other things sound decent though.

i think the weirdest thing i've eaten so far was frog leg and periwinkle. i like the frog leg but not the snail. i've also eaten ostrich, buffalo, squid, and octopus and i like those.

anybody else diggin this show?

have any of you eaten anything strange or out of the ordinary?

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bizarre_Foods

pon_bizarre_foods.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i wasnt into dude very much, but when i saw an episode where he ate a nutria, he became the fucking man in my eyes. i live right next to a creek, and those god damned nutria are all over the place. they're mean sonsabitches too, or at least their hiss is. i might try to catch one and eat it if i get the balls.

nutria.jpg

whoa...i never seen that episode. i did see him eat an armadillo.

it sounds weird but when you think about it, eating chicken embryos and pig ass for breakfast

doesn't sound too appetizing, does it?

i missed the out take episode too. i wish i could have seen that one.

from wiki:

A Balut (Trứng vịt lộn or Hột vịt lộn in Vietnamese, Pong tea khon in Cambodian) is a fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell. They are considered delicacies of Asia and especially the Philippines, Cambodia, and Vietnam. Popularly believed to be an aphrodisiac and considered a high-protein, hearty snack, balut are mostly sold by street vendors at night in the regions where they are available. They are often served with beer. The Filipino and Malay word balut (balot) roughly translates can also mean "wrapped" depending on pronunciation.

nope, never had it. most likely never will.