gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Here are some nice guns that would come in handy on the family properties (that I couldn't afford.)

walther hornet

HF2619.JPG

sako .243

2093R.jpg

Steyr SSG P IV .308 W

WF2817.jpg

.410 marlin

KFC971.jpg

I actually have that exact Sako 243. My grandfather gave it to me on my 13th birthday

• 1 year later...

as50.jpg

barretm821.jpg

11m21.jpg

26200.jpg

lghk41711.jpg

edbrownmarine.jpg

ddkam203e.jpg

pump40a.jpg

minigunm.jpg

and some helpful book links,

convert your carbines,

http://www.weaponscombat.com/full-auto-conversion

urban arsenal tactics, battle field first aid, explosives out of household materials, etc,

http://www.fishingbooksandvideos.com/?page=shop/browse&category_id=3476&CLSN_977=125048899297717f52dc5609f3788b65

oh,... i'm the crazy fucker huh?, dont come to me when the radioactive zombies are eating "your" brains

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

God damn! What's been going on in here? Some of these guns just look unreal, must be fun as hell to shoot some of these, although some look a bit impractical. Anyhow...went through some certifications over the summer, got my concealed permit, but never picked up my own gun. I'm curious to 2 things- 1.. Where do you all go to shoot? In my area it seems like there's a lot of crowded ranges with a lot of rules to them. No point to own a gun if I can't use it and have fun w/ it. 2. What's a good starting piece to own? I'm primarily interested in something that would be easy to conceal but would still pack a punch. Also...any suggestions for a 12 gauge? I've only shot the 9mm Beretta, 12 gauge, and M16, all fun, all fairly easy to use.

God damn! What's been going on in here? Some of these guns just look unreal, must be fun as hell to shoot some of these, although some look a bit impractical. Anyhow...went through some certifications over the summer, got my concealed permit, but never picked up my own gun. I'm curious to 2 things- 1.. Where do you all go to shoot? In my area it seems like there's a lot of crowded ranges with a lot of rules to them. No point to own a gun if I can't use it and have fun w/ it. 2. What's a good starting piece to own? I'm primarily interested in something that would be easy to conceal but would still pack a punch. Also...any suggestions for a 12 gauge? I've only shot the 9mm Beretta, 12 gauge, and M16, all fun, all fairly easy to use.

All depends on what kind of gun you want, and how much you're willing to spend. Do you want a semi-auto or a wheel gun (revolver)? Also since you're carrying it as a concealed piece you want it for personal protection. If you pick up a revolver I'd be looking for something like a .38 special. Thats just my preference though... It all kind of depends on what feels good to you (nh). Semi-auto and incredibly easy to conceal, Ruger makes a .380 ACP for about $349 brand new. Not the most powerful piece but it's tiny as hell. If you want something to put someone down though, Beretta makes compact 40 and 45's. Hell a lot of companies do that now too.

All depends on what kind of gun you want, and how much you're willing to spend. Do you want a semi-auto or a wheel gun (revolver)? Also since you're carrying it as a concealed piece you want it for personal protection. If you pick up a revolver I'd be looking for something like a .38 special. Thats just my preference though... It all kind of depends on what feels good to you (nh). Semi-auto and incredibly easy to conceal, Ruger makes a .380 ACP for about $349 brand new. Not the most powerful piece but it's tiny as hell. If you want something to put someone down though, Beretta makes compact 40 and 45's. Hell a lot of companies do that now too.

to use a late gun guru's philosophy....

if you want to stop something, get a gun in a caliber that starts with '4'

if you want to just piss it off...go lower

kimber 1911's=great.

do you think you are good under pressure fixing malfunctions?

only draw back to a semi auto.... possibility of malfunctions. you must train fix the problem quickly and under pressure.

if you are mechanically inept... get a revolver. load it. forget about it until you need it.

other than that... go for it.

i'd recommend trying out a glock type platform and a 1911 and see what you like the best.

you cant go wrong with either.

glockofiles talk trash on 1911's, but if you train with them, you'll be good to go.

glocks never die and dont really need to worry about cleaning them.

they'll run forever.

see which style you like the best.

also learn about:

always staying in condition yellow, front sight!, the combat triad, loading (tactical and empty) clearing failure to fire, feed, eject (tap rack bang), failure to extract (look lock drop rack rack rack tap rack bang )

and most importantly the law of self defense

at the end of every round you send down range there is the proverbial lawyer at the other end.

attachment.php?attachmentid=304849&stc=1&d=1242317645

This is similar to my SKS. Paratrooper model with a folding stock, I took off the bayonet and no shoulder strap. Funny thing, with the extended clip you can't even unfold the bayonet. Got it about 13 years ago for $100 from a gun dealer my dad knows, haven't shot it for like 10 years. I don't think I even have any rounds for it anymore...

attachment.php?attachmentid=304849&stc=1&d=1242317645

This is similar to my SKS. Paratrooper model with a folding stock, I took off the bayonet and no shoulder strap. Funny thing, with the extended clip you can't even unfold the bayonet. Got it about 13 years ago for $100 from a gun dealer my dad knows, haven't shot it for like 10 years. I don't think I even have any rounds for it anymore...

i have an old SKS, finding 7.62 rounds in the north east is kinda tough... but on the west coast or down south they come easy and cheeper too..