gun thread

Those 870's look niiice :) :) :) Do they come in semi auto?

both%20Remington%20870%20After2.jpg

I generally shoot sporting clays and trap for recreation using my dads benelli semi auto, that thing is smoooth. An AK would be something I'd want except whenever I go to the gun store to browse the only AK-47's I see look really beat up. I'll look into a SKS rifle though, thanks for the advice.

You know of any e-bay like sites for guns?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

gunsamerica.com

gunbroker.com

auctionarms.com

no, the 870's are just pumps. i had a chance to get 3 of them last year that were police department turn ins for 180 a piece. i only got one, but i should of hopped on the other 2.

benelli's are pretty doggone sweet.

not sure, but the 870's might have interchangeable barrels. otherwise look into the mossberg 500. you can swap barrels and stocks pretty easy. get a long barrel for skeet and put on the 18" when its sitting beside your bed. dont forget a good flashlight or a surefire on the foregrip.

dont want to be shooting your brother at night.....lol

so why does everyone hate guns with the interoir safety pin? like the ruger sr9 even if your gun jams its super uber obvouse that your not gonna break your gun down in the middle of a fight, only gun field strip you gun when relaxed and safe? it seems to me like there should be an obvouse answer that im missing yet i dont know the answer?????

p.s. any feed back on a sr9? good or bad

your right.

but all i need to do is point to the insurgent movement in iraq to show that a handful of people can hold down the the US army in iraq, with limited resources, on their own territory. i'd imagine that if only 1% of the US gun owning population (approx. 750K) stood their ground against a foreign enemy or a domestic enemy, and if this group was equipped with battle rifles in 7.62X51, instead of inaccurate ak's with pea shooter rounds, or even accurate m4's/m16's, with pea shooter rounds, the war would be unwinnable for the invaders. aside from nuking the whole damn country.

wait.........so some of you guys carry handguns?

for protection? is your life really in danger that often that you decide to carry a gun?

im just curious.

I carry my gun every single day, not on my hip at all times, but yes, always.

I don't feel there's a sniper watching me, but I do live in a city that has one of the highest crime rates in the country. Maybe that's due to the open carry laws here, but nonetheless, I will not be a victim.

Vanfullofretards, the Winchester 1300 is actually nicer, IMO, than the 870.

870_pair.jpg

A guy a know got carjacked at SKS point about 2 years ago, made him drive into the counrty and then kicked him out in the middle of nowhere. I got my concieled weapons lic shortly after and have carried ever since. I hope I never need it but its there if I do.

Probably my all time favorite that I've shot is an M1 Garand. It's just plain fun.

Other than that, the Binelli M1014 Semi-auto shotgun is a good weapon. I like the Sig P229. To me, .40 cal is just about the perfect round for a pistol.

I still want a chance to shoot the MP5 and the Barret. Maybe next year.

9mm's are fun, until someone's eye or tooth gets knocked out.

as a great gun nut once said... (paraphrasing)

"If you must own a 9mm, keep it in a box so you don’t accidentally load it. If you do load it, don’t shoot it. If you do shoot it don’t hit someone. Because if you do hit someone and if he ever realizes he’s shot, he’s going to be angry!"

i hear ya on the m1's. i was crazy over my AR15, then i bought an m14 (essentially a .308 version of the m1 with a drop mag and better sights for those who didnt know)

and that is all i want to shoot.

i never thought the collapsible stocks are good on a battle rifle. some of the malfunction drills you do you have to slam the butt on the ground and i would imagine that they are not as strong as a solid butt.

that m1a is set up pretty nice. i like the rail system, but then again, i dont own any night vision, so it isnt really worth it for me. one thing to consider is scoping of rifle. any mount you use, puts the scope up real high and you almost have to put on a cheek rest which that rifle has. but what i like is that most mounts allow you to use the open sights too. so you have essentially have a one rifle does it all set up.

that .308 m1a/m14 with a scope can kill to 800-1000 yards. and its semi auto. the open sights allow you to work up close. they arent as accurate .308 'ar 10's' but are more reliable and more durable. but if you are just looking at doing more precision stuff with a .308 and want a semi, might want to consider the ar10. to make an m14 as accurate as a 1000$ dollar dpms panther .308 LR, you are looking atleast $2200+.

if you want a crazy tacticool stock check out the sage....

supposed to be awesome, but i think it is damn near the price of the gun.

sage_inuse.jpg

This isnt bad

?id=4854

$1,259.00

Description

Barrel:

# 16" Length

# 4140 Chrome-moly steel AP4

Contour barrel

# 6 grooves, right-hand 1x10 twist,

button rifled

# 308 Panther Flash Hider

Chamber:

# .308 Winchester

Method of Operation:

# Gas operated rotating bolt

Bolt & Carrier:

# 8620 steel bolt carrier, heat treated

and plated per Mil Spec

# Phosphated steel bolt, heat treated

and plated per Mil Spec

Sights:

# Standard A2 front sight assembly

# Detachable Rear Sight(FT-RS)

Weight:

# Empty - 8.25 lbs.

Length:

# Extended: 38"

# Collapsed: 34.25"

Upper Receiver:

# A3 style flattop

# Thick walled, extruded from 6066-T6 aluminum

# Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon coated black

# Dust cover

# Shell deflector and forward assist machined as one unit

# Right hand ejection

# Standard Sight Base

Lower Receiver:

# Milled from a solid billet of 6061-T6 aluminum

# Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon coated black

# Integral trigger guard

# Aluminum magazine release button

# Standard AR-15 trigger group

Stock:

# AP4 - 6 position, telescoping fiber reinforced polymer

Handguards:

# Carbine length ribbed free float

yeah, for some reason they are the new hot semi .308. even though every one agrees that dpms's ar15's are sub par. i hear they are pretty damn accurate, even down to .5 moa out of the box with match ammo.

i'd own one. i see them all the time on gun boards for 750-850 used. but i would probably opt for the rock river arms ar 10 just for the fact that it accepts FN FAL metric mags and they are under 10 bucks a peice. the dpms 19 round mags are like 50 bucks. i'd want atleast a dozen mags.

sport shooting is the lost great american past time. I have a little marling .22 for plinking. my dad has a .30-06 thats fun to shoot.

i almost picked up a Marlin lever action .30-30 today but i passed on it. im going to save up a bit more to buy a remington 700 .300 winmag and start some longer range target shooting.

i have my late grandpa's winchester model 12 12ga. i need to get a dog and train it so i can do a lil rabbit hunting.

i never thought the collapsible stocks are good on a battle rifle. some of the malfunction drills you do you have to slam the butt on the ground and i would imagine that they are not as strong as a solid butt.

In my two years in the infantry I've never once learned a drill that involves slamming the butt of a weapon on the ground. I'm curious, where did you learn this?