The Shooting Range

sarcasm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I shot my first guns I must have been around 8 or 9.

My Pops used to have a fucking ARSENAL in his bedroom closet.

He even bought me a gun for my 11th birthday... and my Mom spazzed the fuck out and yelled at him and made him promise he'd take it back.

Instead he just kept it at his crib and would take me out to the middle of nowhere to let me shoot at cans and shit.

My Pops is the man. And guns are awesome.

Every sane American should own one. Cause if every sane American was armed, there'd be alot less instances of knuckle heads running around pulling guns on people. Cause they don't know if you're packing or not so they'd be ALOT less likeley to take a chance on getting shot.

And the cops would be ALOT more humble.

Real talk.

we grew up the same way . i was popping off shotguns, rifles, 9mms, revolvers since I was 9 or ten. My oldest son is now doing it with me and my friends. When kids come up around guns like that they're less likely (in my opinion) to be all fascinated with them and act stupid with it. Most likely they'll develop a healthy fear of the power of a gun and on top of that, know how to handle one instead of these knuckleheads out here who get a gun at 14 and start shootin' up the block to get rep.

Anyone own a pistol grip shotgun? I was thinking about buying one for some home defense, but they'd seem hard to hang onto.

not really, i got a double barrel 12 ga. that I convert into a pistol grip. I don't feel much difference in kick, or comfortability, it just feels cooler holding the pistol grip, that's all.

I have very little interest in guns. When i move to israel and join the army I want to fix tanks with the old sfardi guys while listening to mizrachi music.

pretty much all I'd want to do. old sfardi guys are the best; gruff, sarcastic, moody, and funny as hell.

Thanks to the reccomendation of people on here, my girlfriend and I went to The Gun Shop in Las Vegas. You pretty much go in and pick whatever gun your heart desires. Being peaceful Canadians we had no idea what we were doing, but dove in head first. The only experience I'd had was skeet shooting, which I was terrible at. My girlfriend had never even held a gun before but went straight for the AK47. I went for the Thompson Submachine gun. They had Desert Eagles but I was limited for cash. Plus I'm a WW2 nerd. We got to keep our targets. It was fucking awesome.

n501555525_1874322_8943.jpg

n501555525_1874334_2842.jpg

n501555525_1874328_540.jpg

If you ever get a chance, definitely go.

When kids come up around guns like that they're less likely (in my opinion) to be all fascinated with them and act stupid with it. Most likely they'll develop a healthy fear of the power of a gun and on top of that, know how to handle one instead of these knuckleheads out here who get a gun at 14 and start shootin' up the block to get rep.

^REAL TALK!

When your pops raises you to respect the power of a gun, you know not to fuck around with that shit.

That's how my pops and his pops was raised.

And how I was raised.

Kids are taught early about how to handle guns and how NOT to handle guns.

You get ALOT less stupid accidents that way.

You still in your teens?

23. and they'll take me up until 25-30 technically, unless i am married and have 2 kids when i move, which who knows...but i doubt it... They also don't take newly-wed immigrants (I'm not sure about natives) so that could be an issue as well.

Its fundamentally just basic training and a year of service. since i will have a college degree they will most likely place me in that field, unfortunately for me my degree wont be in tank-fixing-ology.:o

There was a guy at a local range who's first time firing a gun was using a .50 or some other large magnum. I guess the story was that when he fired the gun he either did not expect or could not control the recoil that caused his hands holding the gun to fly up and behind his head then causing him to accidentally pull the trigger again. shooting some guy behind him.. idk if the guy died.