my true hippie colors shine on

suca

basically i was thinking about an event that happened today and how someday it will happen to me. what happened was not a good thing, and not something that i am not looking forward to, but i recognize that it will someday happen. what i really came to conclude is something thats generally obvious but i think it takes on new meaning when its really thought about.

shit happens.

yea, shit happens. the good, the bad, the ugly, it all happens but everything is beautiful in its own way. every experiance, every emotion, every moment... im not one to believe that there is any act of god on this planet, or that there is an overall meaning of life, or even that everything happens for a reason for that matter. i dont belive it because none of it can really be proven and what can be proven will eventually be disproven so i dont even see the point. HOWEVER, anyone that does believe in god or divine intervention or deeper purpose etc, more power to them because that is exactly what is helping them discover life and the sensation of meaningful existance. now i can admit that i am afraid of things. that i regret things from my past. that i am not happy with parts of my life. but through all the fear and regret and unhappiness i know that whether or not it all levels out (i dont count on fairness) it;s all part of the experiance and its up to me to make the most out of this life. its up to me to see the positive side of things and embrace the negetive side. its up to me to make change where i see it fit and to let things be when im confident they will work themselves out.

that said, it all made me think of that cliche tattoo "this too shall pass". no matter how cliche and tossed around the phrase is, i feel like im beginning to actually truely embrace the words themselves. life is one big fucking experiance. no one knows for sure why we're here, if theres a god, if theres life after death, and although some chose to belive in those things, all we can really do is live. and whatever we live FOR, be it religion, our family, our morals, or ourselves, its the feeling of self-purpose that is going to bring out the beauty of live. the good, the bad, and the ugly.

my advice is, whatever its worth, when the good and beautiful come around, embrace it. and when the bad and ugly show up, aknowledge it but remember, well, this too shall pass.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud

I should be making fun of you right now, but for some reason I don't feel like taking away your shine about...whatever.

The next time you tell a story that has no discernable plot, though...

Archived