Team Sleep Problems Official Thread.

Prime Chaos

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
6 hours ago, morton said:

Why do I always sleep so well in hotels? 

Is it some secret white noise machine, the king size bed, the black out curtains, the adventure of the day wearing me out, the distance from the problems of home and work or some other thing or combination of things.?

Tried time release ambian last week, did not work, maybe I just need to go on never ending vacation.

I have been thinking about getting a white noise machine. Anybody use one?

• 2 months later...

The question was not referring to an amount of time but the passage of time.  I've been up unable to sleep, but now it's a new day and the thread is no longer relevant until later on (unless I'm trying to sleep now and can't, or I'm looking for feedback, or whatevs).

• Truth 1

Time is irrelevant on when to post to count as a late post.

I miss the conversations we were all having late at night. 2012 , nothing happened......

On 9/15/2009 at 4:14 AM, Tails0nE said:

what it do team sleep??

4:14am over in my neck of the woods..

cant sleep as usual, bumpin the new dilla "Jay Stay Paid"..

i gotta get up soon to get my hair cut come to think about it..

my shits lookin extra bogus right about now...

where my team sleep niggas at...??

On 10/24/2009 at 5:44 AM, MESTONEZ said:

this is where i'm at 6:45am

On 10/30/2009 at 9:58 PM, terrorlicious said:

its like 2:53am... drinking mad coffee to get some work done, and inevitably just being on 12oz instead, getting the feeling this is going to into an all nighter. shitballs.

On 11/2/2009 at 11:25 PM, terrorlicious said:

5:21am... watching the shitty filmed-in-colour below substandard should-never-have-been-carried-on-to-this-embarassing-point-pile-of-shit epidsode of Twilight Zone...

...this shit could surely knock a fuckin crack addict out, but is apparantly doing nothing for my inability to sleep... wack.

On 8/20/2009 at 1:14 PM, tipsycripsy420 said:

Anyone who thinks the world is going to end on December 21st of 2012 is a fucking asshole.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2024 at 4:14 AM, morton said:

Why do I always sleep so well in hotels? 

Is it some secret white noise machine, the king size bed, the black out curtains, the adventure of the day wearing me out, the distance from the problems of home and work or some other thing or combination of things.?

Tried time release ambian last week, did not work, maybe I just need to go on never ending vacation.

probably because most people in a hotel are either very relaxed  (vacation) or focused (work) as well as a change of scenery. I think in general people don’t sleep due to anxiety in many instances, especially the context of this thread. Anxiety is often a byproduct of not living in the moment… It’s your mind stuck in something in the past or in the future. 

Staying in hotels lend itself to living / focusing on the present. 

On 5/5/2024 at 8:43 AM, LUGR said:

I have been thinking about getting a white noise machine. Anybody use one?

No, but wireless sleep headphones are like $15 on Amazon. I have two sets just to be sure I’m not assed out when I wake up in the middle of the night. When I do, I alternate between binaural beats, mindfulness apps and self help / positivity type audio books. Really helps, but likewise been kinda stressing over prolonged use of blue tooth and cellular so close to my head. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

4 hours ago, misteraven said:

No, but wireless sleep headphones are like $15 on Amazon. I have two sets just to be sure I’m not assed out when I wake up in the middle of the night. When I do, I alternate between binaural beats, mindfulness apps and self help / positivity type audio books. Really helps, but likewise been kinda stressing over prolonged use of blue tooth and cellular so close to my head. 

I did get a white noise machine and it is great. I have it play white noise that sounds like waves. I’m sure I am going to be addicted to it and not be able to sleep if I don’t have it……what can I say, I’m a fiend 🤷‍♂️.

9 hours ago, LUGR said:

I did get a white noise machine and it is great. I have it play white noise that sounds like waves. I’m sure I am going to be addicted to it and not be able to sleep if I don’t have it……what can I say, I’m a fiend 🤷‍♂️.

Which did you get? Any complaints about it? Do you have a wife or girlfriend and if so, did they complain about it? Get the feeling my wife wouldn’t be into it. 

5 hours ago, misteraven said:

Which did you get? Any complaints about it? Do you have a wife or girlfriend and if so, did they complain about it? Get the feeling my wife wouldn’t be into it. 

This is the one. No complaints.

https://weespring.com/product/14652/Vanzon-White-Noise-Machine---Sound-Machine-With-Baby-For-Sleeping-&Amp;-Relaxation,-36-Soothing-High-Fidelity-Nature-Sounds,-Portable-Sleep-Sound-Therapy-For-Home,-Office-Or-Travel---For-Kids-And-Adul

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I could fall asleep to the sounds of trains and guess I have when I've rode over night.

Is it a sleep problem if you're up and productive?

Full moon fever and I've been high energy.  Woke up middle of night and I'm out walking in the moonlight for ? long?  Got my exercise before the sun came up.

• Like 1