Train hopping flicks...

Nightlifescumbag

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whys that? some crusty jerkoff take a dump on your porch?

just curious.

all squatters arent crusty. all crusties arent squatters.

personally i dont care for most train riders i bump into. A LOT tend to fall short in th brains department. bathing in 211 doesnt help much.

I feel your point ,guess im bitter cause my ex turned into one and probably has scabies and all sorts of STDs ..:D

there is no money to be made in savannah.

cops there are done with traveling kids, theyve seen enough.

gotcha...

i never fly signs or hit people up for change unless its a fucking dire emergency even then im like fuck this shit i dont want to do this. some girl in austin was waiting with her pal to catch a train when me and eatser were waiting and they all went to fly signs and we just chilled..so shes like..you guys arent gonna go? and were like..nah. oh you got it like that? yes we do got it like that...haha.

i rarely need money except for maybe bus fare.

me and chicken bone are pretty fucking crafty like that.

crafty street wizards.

i always think its funny when people tell me i should/shouldnt go somewhere based on how much money there is to be made. thats not a diss to anyone who kicks it on the median and makes some dollars..to each his own.

gotcha...

i never fly signs or hit people up for change unless its a fucking dire emergency even then im like fuck this shit i dont want to do this. some girl in austin was waiting with her pal to catch a train when me and eatser were waiting and they all went to fly signs and we just chilled..so shes like..you guys arent gonna go? and were like..nah. oh you got it like that? yes we do got it like that...haha.

i rarely need money except for maybe bus fare.

me and chicken bone are pretty fucking crafty like that.

crafty street wizards.

i always think its funny when people tell me i should/shouldnt go somewhere based on how much money there is to be made. thats not a diss to anyone who kicks it on the median and makes some dollars..to each his own.

i spange and fly signs like a madman, no shame in running the game. I used to do labor ready until I was robbed in Alabama and my ID and everything else got stolen. Nobody really wants to fly signs, but shit in some places you can make a hundred bucks an hour easy. It's a hard knock life! :lol:

Most of the full-timers are living on donation alone, so I appreciate people giving me a heads up about the cash situation.

btw fuck austin for money!

I'm always amazed at people who panhandle all the time, and they catch people who give them huge kickdowns. Then I ask a few people for change and remember I don't want anyone to see me panhandling. I just find money on the ground and talk to people who decide to donate to my cause. Having a cute dog helps.

sweet flix... I really dont kno how all this works but on the spare change tip and

something to keep in mind if the opportunity ever presents itself. Few years back

drunk off beer and more stickbats than 5 people should eat i stumbled into a bar

by the baseball stadium. Some guy gave me a free ticket to the game. Soon as

i got in there armed with the... "Check it out ima little short on a beer. Forgot how

expensive 8$ can you help me out got like 50 cents got a buk story" By the end of

1 inning doing this shit i couldnt fit any more change in front pockets. Drunk young

white people. I probably got turned down by like 3 people. Raised like 60$. Only

reason i stopped was i had nowhere else to stick the change.

sweet flix... I really dont kno how all this works but on the spare change tip and

something to keep in mind if the opportunity ever presents itself. Few years back

drunk off beer and more stickbats than 5 people should eat i stumbled into a bar

by the baseball stadium. Some guy gave me a free ticket to the game. Soon as

i got in there armed with the... "Check it out ima little short on a beer. Forgot how

expensive 8$ can you help me out got like 50 cents got a buk story" By the end of

1 inning doing this shit i couldnt fit any more change in front pockets. Drunk young

white people. I probably got turned down by like 3 people. Raised like 60$. Only

reason i stopped was i had nowhere else to stick the change.

it definitely happens.

depends on where you are really.

i was surprised when i made 10 bucks in less than 10 minutes in colton.

colton sucks dick.

Amen. I have 3 or 4 warrants from flying pepper street alone, those cops don't play.

haha for real man.

the first time we went there we got off the train in loma linda and walked the tracks to colton. so we were like..hmmm...how can we get into the yard. so i whip out ye olde cc to see what it said and we try to follow the directions it gives and as we are walking across the pepper bridge i see a truck coming out of the yard in the distance. dude sees us walking across bridge and puts it in reverse and is all..hey where are you going? so we try to play it off like..oh you know this way over here...and he gets pissed. says hes calling the cops so were like alright man well take off. by the time we got to the store across the hiway 2 cops were waiting for us and they basically said get out of colton now or go to jail . FUUUUCK.

we slept in some bushes for like an hour and got woke up by sprinklers. shit was bunk dude.

good intro to the colton area.

my experiences since then have been way better but still i dont care for that place too much.

summer of 08 we made a dope spot to wait in a big ass bush/tree right by the loop and when i was there a few months ago i was sad to see that shit was wiped out when they replaced the ties.

WONK WONK WONK...

on the way to colton from tucson

2927812600_717d64fd75-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm watching the documentary "Catching Out" right now and already it's just amazing. I've always had this weird and kind of disturbing love for trains but I never thought about train hopping until the past year or so. It's like this yearning to hear the loud quiet of the trains and the raw nature, and to see the beauty that's hidden from most of America. Just to get away from the material things and to maybe find myself and become a better person, but I know I'll probably never hop.

I'm watching the documentary "Catching Out" right now and already it's just amazing. I've always had this weird and kind of disturbing love for trains but I never thought about train hopping until the past year or so. It's like this yearning to hear the loud quiet of the trains and the raw nature, and to see the beauty that's hidden from most of America. Just to get away from the material things and to maybe find myself and become a better person, but I know I'll probably never hop.

You wouldn't happen to know where I can download that would you? I've been wanting to see that movie for ages but havn't found it on the interwebs.

I plan on catching out again this summer out of PA. Many trains come through a line across the river but I havn't figured out if there moving to fast yet.

for Melinoe and Jestr

http://www.amazon.com/Hopping-Freight-Trains-America-Littlejohn/dp/094462734X

^^

this is said to be the book that holds the most sound advice about hopping. i myself don't hop and my knowledge on the subject is limited. but if you want to do it i believe that studying and becoming as informed as much as possible on the before hand, is adamant. some say Littlejon sugar coats some aspects but the rest is pretty on point.

• Like 1

Littlejohn's book: yes and no. It was on point when it came out, and much of what's in there still applies, but that was a good many years ago and parts of the game have changed, so just be careful to stay updated. I would still recommend the book as long as you keep its age in mind.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You wouldn't happen to know where I can download that would you? I've been wanting to see that movie for ages but havn't found it on the interwebs.

I plan on catching out again this summer out of PA. Many trains come through a line across the river but I havn't figured out if there moving to fast yet.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4518392/catching_out.avi

seeding as we speak.

• Like 1