Train hopping flicks...

Nightlifescumbag

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like the appropriate thread to ask my stupid question... I've been wanting to hop a freight from seattle area south to san fran or la or east to detroit or chicago or maybe all the way to new york. I'm hella curious to get some more info on how you go about doing this not being a huge train guy myself, I paint lay ups on occasion and have never been in a yard so I'm pretty oblivious to trains when it comes down to it. hopefully some of you are willing to share some knowledge because I've been wanting to do this for a while but never been serious about it. PM me if you wanna talk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

i thought i would be able to delete this first message. i guess not though.

so, i met some folks a few months back and they had a book of every rail yard around the country and all the crew changing schedules. where would i get one of those books?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, a place to start learning about trainhopping would be about three or four threads up the stack, "Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums." READ THE WHOLE THREAD. That ought to take several days. These same questions have been asked, and answered, and asked, and answered, OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I can't believe you kids who grew up on the internet don't use the internet better to get the answers to your questions. Everybody wants instant gratification.

That thread, above, has been running for like NINE YEARS. Go read it.

• 3 months later...

I would hope not. Thing is, the directions to the yards are not likely to change and the times are approximate at best regardless of the edition. Dumb motherfuckers are gonna be dumb motherfuckers, nothing you can do. Read KaBar's thread, find an experienced tramp, use common sense, ie almost the opposite of everything I've done.

• 3 months later...

i just read this whole thread, its awesome. wouldnt be able to train hop in Australia, shits to high tech :/ they hate train graffiti so theres motion sensors, cameras and security in all the train yards. i hope people start posting photos again.

• 1 month later...