MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ving try mixing acrylic paint with some break fluid and maybe some rubbing alcohol to thin it down, instead of water. you can get rubbing alcohol and break fluid at the walgreens, or rack it if you're too poor for that. hell there's a dollar store near me with both, and some off brand kiwi shoe scuff mops too. you could rack there mad easy, but i usually give em the dollar to support their little shop. anyway, i've done that one time with some pretty ass purple acrylic, shit was nice. i hit up some bus stops and shit, i've seen one that got buffed and there's a good ghost print. also some metal beams under bridges and overpasses and shit, it's still standing.

Originally posted by santa_claws@Oct 21 2004, 06:38 PM

this is mostly a question for uk heads.......

if i broke open some permanent markers and then mix the ink all together would it bbe perticularly hard to buff?

to be honest the standard "permanent" ink in the majority of the type of pens i think your talking about in the uk is weak as shit. seriously, it may be ok for toilets or something like that but it wont stain at all when put to good use. think of it like this: how easy is it to get that stuff off your hands / clothes? very easy. now how hard is it to get corio or nero out? a lot harder - my hands are still stained from friday night and its now tuesday...

Originally posted by sneak+Nov 2 2004, 01:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sneak - Nov 2 2004, 01:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-santa_claws@Oct 21 2004, 06:38 PM

this is mostly a question for uk heads.......

if i broke open some permanent markers and then mix the ink all together would it bbe perticularly hard to buff?

to be honest the standard "permanent" ink in the majority of the type of pens i think your talking about in the uk is weak as shit. seriously, it may be ok for toilets or something like that but it wont stain at all when put to good use. think of it like this: how easy is it to get that stuff off your hands / clothes? very easy. now how hard is it to get corio or nero out? a lot harder - my hands are still stained from friday night and its now tuesday...

[/b]

all my jeans and most of my shirts have corio stains on them. It's really fucking hard to clean it.

c.ow. - one of my flatmates reckons if you put a bit of mr muscle kitchen cleaner on the stain then chuck it in the wash the chances of the satin getting out are better,....

Originally posted by -CRedZ-@Mar 19 2002, 05:41 AM

i've found the best ink 4 a marker is wood stain,wood varnish,rusto paint,metho and silver paint.

the silver makes it look all streaky,the wood stain and varnish make the stain dark as fuk and the metho is a sweet ass fukin stain.

yo i all i need to know, what is metho?????[/B]

normal_blindmarker.jpg

Heres my choice destroyer. Old pilot with chalk board nib. The Nero Garvey mix for me at least, so far, has been way over rated. Buffed clean on metal five times. Left a very slight ghost on certain surfaces that absorb shit though. I think I'm gonna explode with exitement when I get my gallon of Marsh this week. I've been using Nero and Garvey in alot of mixes lately, and it all fades way to fast in the rain. No good in the rain.

thats a fucking dope creation.. that makes me want to experiment with mops again. anyway, its a purple ink. add some purple additive. more staining with no tinting of the color. you got aim brotha? I can arrange something with you if you want some additives.

i just got one of the zig baby biggie glue pens and i can't get the top off how do i do it?

yeah they are a bitch, just use a rubberband or something and get a good grip on that bitch, then just twist. it twists the opposite way a coke bottle would twist open. let me go check hold on. ok so twist the marker open clockwise, if all else falls stick a butter knife under the white part all around and stretch it out, then pop it off. after you fill it with ink put black electrical tape all around it. make sure you wrap that shit tight. also, make sure you got ALL of the glue out, that shit can fuck with your ink and you might as well just hit up with piss in a mop. it can turn your ink to complete shit.

Although Chumb will still have an answer for you... I'll give it a good shot. 1) Anything to do with a spring or actuator valve, should go. 2) The cut may have to be made in the actual plastic that holds the spring in place. Anything restricting ink flow should go... the goal is to get the ink to the nib as fast as possible, no?

>> If you use Kiwi's or Woodcrafts, the rules are still the same. Lose the actuator, lose the flow restrictions.

Give it hell Chumba.......

Peace.