MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

OK Fuck!

I searched all the forums, all the net, and this thread up to page 17

and for the life of me i cant find it!

what is the trick to open a OTR.070 pen?

I dont want to fuck it up straight away, so any help would be appreciated.

Alirhgt look there on the picture. I told you how on the ink thread, but anyway. Grab a pair of rubber or leather gloves, or tighten a rubber band around the part I circled in the image, forr good grip. twist that motherfucker counter-clockwise so it will screw off, or hold it tight and twist the bottom clockwise. ANyway you'll feel like you're about to break it, because in actuality you're breaking the shit it's sealed with. After that you pull out the little pump and dump their crappy ink out and add your own stuff. Have fun.

herefool.jpg.b9f5c04e710de1f2f82e6aa1ca4dd16d.jpg

Originally posted by Eric Clapton@Jan 11 2005, 08:53 PM

HEY, JUST WONDERING, ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE BEST PLACE WOULD BE TO GET THE KRINK SHARPIE SILVER PEN? I LIVE IN THE UK AND AM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING ONE... THANKS A LOT!

You can usually find a few on ebay..'silver marker' or something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

there ya go - british n'all, what a find ;)

Originally posted by SeOnEr@Jan 23 2005, 01:55 AM

when it comes to bucket paint/thinner...if i thinned out the bucket paint a LOT..like to ink consistancy, would it flow through markers that are generally better used for ink? also, when i thin it out, does it make it less permanant?

no matter how thick or thin your paint is, it's still permanent. You won't be able to just wipe it off with water. But if it's too thin, your paint won't be as bright or solid as using your paint straight up (without mixing it with other solvents).

Are you trying to thin out your paint so that it can flow through a regular ink marker? Like a silver sharpie? Why not use a paint marker (with flow control) or a kiwi mop?

im trying to get my paint to flow through an otr...i hate kiwi mops-there just to big..and the nibs break off so easily...if i get my hands on some chalk board erasers, im probably going to make a medicine bottle mop, but until then, i need some fast paint/ink to throw in an otr..the otr does have flow control, im just scared it wont flow through if its like 1/4 thinner 3/4 paint..thanks for the help by the way :D

Originally posted by SeOnEr@Jan 23 2005, 10:42 AM

im trying to get my paint to flow through an otr...i hate kiwi mops-there just to big..and the nibs break off so easily...if i get my hands on some chalk board erasers, im probably going to make a medicine bottle mop, but until then, i need some fast paint/ink to throw in an otr..the otr does have flow control, im just scared it wont flow through if its like 1/4 thinner 3/4 paint..thanks for the help by the way :D

i got one of those mini paint pumps from jinxed and the ink/paint runs out fast in them. i used this paint from any art store and refilled it with that and just thinned it out a little bit and it worked pretty decent. i havent had too much luck with it, but good luck to you

seoner, as far as i know, the only difference between otr hard to buffs and the otr paint markers is that the paint marker has a mixing ball in it. you can drop a marble or a metal ball or even a ball bearing from a skateboard wheel or a duncan fireball yoyo or whatever in there. the best thing to do is experiment. take a cup and put some of the paint in and try thinning it down with different things. if you want it to flow well through most any kind of nib, you want it to be thin, close to the consistency of water, but not to the point that it loses color. stir it up i've used permanent acrylic paint thinned with rubbing alcohol and it worked pretty damn well. It isn't too difficult to clean or buff up, but it resists weather, and it's cheap. most shit gets buffed anyway.

some other advice, i've seen people on here say use part of a sock as a nib. i tried it, shit was ridiculously crappy. i got pissed and threw the mop away. stick to felt or some kind of foam/sponge. peace.

Originally posted by THEPOSTWHORE5000@Jan 28 2005, 06:56 PM

wow, my sock nibs are really good

when i thin my paint out too much, it just writes like dirt water...im workin on it though, thanks for the tips

oh and i am seoner

yeah i always have the same problem when i thin paint out. it's usually when im looking for something with a little more drip to it though.

Originally posted by damngraffitivandal@Feb 8 2005, 08:13 PM

try using a tic tac container, im working on one right now, its sorta hard, but think about it a little bit and you should have a cool design

wow, that's right.. I wish that there was a cap on it though. But that's definately a thought. Perhaps theres a work around on that... I was also thinking zippo containers... But i'm looking for something on that level...

• 2 weeks later...

tic tac instructions:

materials:

* 2 tic tac containers (the orange kind, this is important)

* super glue (or wax if you want a refillable marker)

* xacto knife

* chalk board eraser

* ink or non xylene paint

alright, youve got all your shit, clear off a space and get started.

empty your tic tac boxes:

1.jpg

cut out the tops of the boxes (the white part):

2.jpg

glue the tops together top to top:

3.jpg

jam some eraser nib stuff into the bottom of one of the tops:

4.jpg

fill one of your tic tac boxes with ink or paint:

5.jpg

use glue (permanent) or wax (refillable, might break open) to secure your nib and top creation to the tic tac box:

6.jpg

use the other tic tac box as a cap, you could be done:

7.jpg

OR: if you want to make it more compact...

take your tic tac boc cap and cut it open:

8.jpg

flip the bottom piece (the one u cut out) upside down and put it back in the rest of the box and glue it in place:

9.jpg

seal the inside of your new cap with wax:

10.jpg

you are done:

11.jpg

in addition, you could cut down the tic tac cap box and glue a correctly sized piece of plastic to it, it would be more compact.

and that is my tic tac marker tutorial.

shit, I just need to give you mad props on that mighty awesome step by step illustration of the tic tac marker. But sadly, using the tic tac marker loses one of it's purposes of being miniture. Perhaps using a zippo container would be the best idea of having a concealed marker. The only problem is that zippo containers are not cheap.

Originally posted by damngraffitivandal@Feb 18 2005, 01:29 AM

tic tac instructions:

materials:

* 2 tic tac containers (the orange kind, this is important)

* super glue (or wax if you want a refillable marker)

* xacto knife

* chalk board eraser

* ink or non xylene paint

alright, youve got all your shit, clear off a space and get started.

empty your tic tac boxes:

1.jpg

cut out the tops of the boxes (the white part):

2.jpg

glue the tops together top to top:

3.jpg

jam some eraser nib stuff into the bottom of one of the tops:

4.jpg

fill one of your tic tac boxes with ink or paint:

5.jpg

use glue (permanent) or wax (refillable, might break open) to secure your nib and top creation to the tic tac box:

6.jpg

use the other tic tac box as a cap, you could be done:

7.jpg

OR: if you want to make it more compact...

take your tic tac boc cap and cut it open:

8.jpg

flip the bottom piece (the one u cut out) upside down and put it back in the rest of the box and glue it in place:

9.jpg

seal the inside of your new cap with wax:

10.jpg

you are done:

11.jpg

in addition, you could cut down the tic tac cap box and glue a correctly sized piece of plastic to it, it would be more compact.

and that is my tic tac marker tutorial.