MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

bOb,get a big order together,and get it imported.Sell a few things on the internet selling site ;) and keep some for myself & others...oh and lets just say,its getting up wound the local barns & farm outhouses here!

Originally posted by b0b@Feb 23 2005, 03:06 PM

Loco: you making your own Krink? Smoothrite and the Finnigans brush cleaner stuff do the job nicely. When do you use pens anyway?? :confused:

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by Locofanclub+Feb 23 2005, 03:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locofanclub - Feb 23 2005, 03:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>bOb,get a big order together,and get it imported.Sell a few things on the internet selling site ;) and keep some for myself & others...oh and lets just say,its getting up wound the local barns & farm outhouses here!<!--QuoteBegin-b0b@Feb 23 2005, 03:06 PM

Loco: you making your own Krink?  Smoothrite and the Finnigans brush cleaner stuff do the job nicely.  When do you use pens anyway??  :confused:

[/b]

So you aren;t making it then? No worries, have fun using it anyway! Robert Dyas has been very generous in "donating" me various finnigans products that I am enjoying as as KRink

Bobby son,be nice to the loco and i might just donate one to the poor modarators fund! :haha:

Originally posted by b0b+Feb 23 2005, 03:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (b0b - Feb 23 2005, 03:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Locofanclub@Feb 23 2005, 03:26 PM

bOb,get a big order together,and get it imported.Sell a few things on the internet selling site ;) and keep some for myself & others...oh and lets just say,its getting up wound the local barns & farm outhouses here!<!--QuoteBegin-b0b@Feb 23 2005, 03:06 PM

Loco: you making your own Krink?  Smoothrite and the Finnigans brush cleaner stuff do the job nicely.   When do you use pens anyway??   :confused:

So you aren;t making it then? No worries, have fun using it anyway! Robert Dyas has been very generous in "donating" me various finnigans products that I am enjoying as as KRink

[/b]

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by Locofanclub@Feb 23 2005, 03:43 PM

Bobby son,be nice to the loco and i might just donate one to the poor modarators fund! :haha:

I got plenty of KRink, the real stuff that is, and the mops too. I just decided it was silly to buy it and decided to make my own - you know bit like Blue Peter with the "here's one I prepared earlier".

my current project is a sanford kingsize mop...basically, i am throwing away everything except for the body, and the cap. i am basically going to rip out the nib with some tweezers, and dump everything, then fill it up with some of my paint that contains xylene (which i can't put into my plastic mops). this should be interesting :)

I dunno about the bingo markers, but i do recommend some of the liquid glue containers that are exactly like the bingo markers but better. They come in various sizes that have stronger nibs than the foamy bingo nibs. Check your 99 cent stores and staionary shops for these. Empty the glue (save for later if you like).

Originally posted by LENS@Feb 23 2005, 10:16 PM

I'm looking to make a mop from a bingo marker but am having trouble tracking one down.

Does anyone know of a particualr store(s) where i can find a bingo marker?

KIWI MOPS

----------------

Okay, so I know about kiwi mops. But the last time I used one was years ago. I started shopping the 99 cent stores whom sell kiwi like mops for 99 cents. But I've already gone through 3 mops because the nibs keep on ripping off. One ripped off after 2 tags! What a jip! I was wondering if anyone of you guys have the same problems using the round circular kiwi mops. Do they rip off on ya? Anyway to make these nibs stronger?

heres a mop i made.. my first one it all went terrible but its like the best marker ive had...

its out of a shoe polish bottle and it got covered in paint...

i found sum black paint n turps.. or sumshit liek brush cleaner shit..

so i jus poured in sum paint n a wee bit of brush cleaner n voila...

picture191fy.jpg

picture185tp.jpg

picture206uc.jpg

ive yet to try it out on sumfin other than paper....

runci

Capflow (30mm) version 1.0

corky30.jpg

Materials:

Plastic sodabottlecap.

Torchlighter or similar device.

Montana 30mm marker (They suck..)

Nice fat tape.

Torch the top of the cap until it starts to bubble or get discolored

then push the pump from the pen through the cap to generate a

nice hole, quickly withdraw the pump to avoid ruining it with melted

plastic.

Torch the hole in the cap to make the edges soft again and plunge

the pump straight in. Place the top of the pen above the contraption

and let the flames play where the pentop+cap are joined to melt them

together. Tape around the cap/pentop and roast the tape to make it hold

even better, then add another layer of tape for looks/support.

Now the pump action won't work because of the space between the

pump (sitting in the cap) and the pentop (positioned above said cap),

to get it to function you push the pump from the inside of the cap and

upwards as far as it will go, then take the seal of the cap and fold it into

a ring an jam it between the hole and the pump, fry the ring/inside to bond

the plastics. Now the nib should spring back nice and easy when you push

it down.

Throw your ink into a sodabottle with the ordinary cap.. When you are

ready to destroy some shit just unscew it and replace it with your

"capflow".

You get more control if you hold the extended cap

directly as opposed to holding the bottle itself.

A primitive/crappy mod but i was bored and wanted a variation on sodabottleflows, sorry about the crappy pics too (they're only there

to give a basic impression about what the finished piece looks like).

:lick:

I dunno about the bingo markers, but i do recommend some of the liquid glue containers that are exactly like the bingo markers but better. They come in various sizes that have stronger nibs than the foamy bingo nibs. Check your 99 cent stores and staionary shops for these. Empty the glue (save for later if you like).

thanks for the tip homie....will do.

i wasnt sure if any one has tried this idea but it worked for me, i didnt read the whole thread so i am just going to post what i did. I came across some bingo markers the other day i took a look at them and thought that would be a ncie home made marker. so i racked a few and was very sucessful in my attempts to create one. this is what i did. i cut the bottom of the marker off. the one i have has a series of lines 6 to be exact that lead down to a flared out bottom. i cut it at the very top line let every thing empty out and cleaned out the inside. i then shortened the lenght of the p[eice you hold with your hands(you can do it to a size depending on the amount of ink you have or what your preference is) i then filled one with an india ink, and two with a red and blue refill for a pilot marker. i then shortened the bottom peice i cut offby a very small amount and slid it over the bottom the marker tube. once all the way down i then took a hot glue gun and glued the bottom shut (as long as it can hold the bottom in place feel free to use what ever just as long as it stays shut and doesnt leak out) i then was able to get the ink to run smoothly out the nib of the marker. works great. good luck with how ever you decide to do it. send me a message if you get it to work or if you have a question.

M

My deodorant marker wasnt as successful. I stuffed the thing with an old sock and filled it with two pilot refills. I sealed the whole bottom with wax, so theres no leakage possible. Although the problem is, not only does the nib keep getting pushed back in the container (to the point it doesnt make much contact with the surface your writing on) but also the ink doesnt even flow from the nib good. Instead of a nice thick solid line, that pen makes a ugly streaky effect- looks like shitty paintbrush strokes. I added brake fluid as well. Do i just need to add ANOTHER pilot refill? Or is it already a waste of time/effort? Peace.

i was walking through stop and shop one day and i came across these wierd looking foam like things in a bag there were like 50 of them in one bag for a few bucks so bought it. they were foam and kept a good shape and held ink really nice try looking for what i am talking about they should be in the make up section although when i found them they were on and end cap near a register but thats what they are used for at least thats what my ex told me. shove them into the deoderant stick and see if they make a better nib.

M

Foam sponges? Maybe I'm not thinking of the same thing as you, but I'm pretty sure those things wouldnt work as a nib. Unless of course you're writing on perfectly smooth surfaces, because those sponges would tear up after a few tags on other surfaces. Well I just added more ink and break fluid, and now the pen works fine. Sooner or later my cheap ass will invest in some Marsh. Running out of ink wont be such a frequent problem then.

peace yall... a question do any of yous ever use meanstreaks for writing or do u just use em for making ink?? i alwayz use cans or markers, but yesterday im in the art store n i copped this fuckin thing (meanstreak) and another no name brand one finally i go out last nite and im ready to hit a bus stop or somethin n i thought i was writin with a peice of rubber. needless to say it looked like shit so i went home n got diff. supplies so what im askin is instead of throwin my whopping $7.25 worth of gumshit away, is there anything useful i can do to salvage these things? or is there a technique to writin with em. whatever i dunno... good look

Those foam sponges I think work better for ink or paint mops. I've never tried making an ink mop yet, but paint mops rule. They soak up paint much better and then you can squeeze and push it onto the wall. But it needs to be in a squeezable bottle for squeezing out the paint.

But those foamys aren't that strong. There must be a way to keep them in better shape. But replacing the nib will have to do for now.

PEACE

Originally posted by caffeine@Mar 11 2005, 04:12 AM

Foam sponges? Maybe I'm not thinking of the same thing as you, but I'm pretty sure those things wouldnt work as a nib. Unless of course you're writing on perfectly smooth surfaces, because those sponges would tear up after a few tags on other surfaces. Well I just added more ink and break fluid, and now the pen works fine. Sooner or later my cheap ass will invest in some Marsh. Running out of ink wont be such a frequent problem then.