MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This is the tool i use for fat, deep scribes....i posted it on bombing science a while back and i am bored at work right now. any idiot can figure this out but i will still explain it very thoroughly.

You need:

block of wood (dimensions described in steps)

Sandpaper (grit is your choice of course lower the number the coarser/deeper the scratch potential)

Staple Gun (optional) for fastening sandpaper

Duct Tape (if you cant duct it, fuck it)

Cutting device (saw, boot knife, wtf ever)

WOOD BLOCK SPECS: the height should be about the width of your palm or a little larger so you can get a good grip...the width of the block is your choice. i suggest over an inch or this tool has a weak effect...and the thickness should be around a half inch for durability.

Reference Figure:

fig1.JPG

Or if that doesnt work

http://www.geocities.com/thewickedchemist/fig1.JPG

PROCESS:

1. Cut the corners at an angle as shown in the figure.

2. Sand the block's rough spots and corners to prevent sandpaper from losing effectiveness then wipe excess dust

3. Cut sand paper wide enough to completely cover the "table" portion of the block (the top where the writing surface will be) and long enough to go up about a third of the way on your block on both sides.

4. Making Sure both sides are even before fastening, secure first side with a strip of tape (one small strip is OK for now)

5. Stretch the opposite side up so writing surface is fairly tight and then secure as you did in step 4.

6. Make sure the surface doesn't move around when pressure is applied.

7. If all is well, Securely fasten the sand paper with staples and/or tape. (you want it tight) I suggest going all the way to the top so you have a more comfortable grip.

8. Go try it out...works on everything of course.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

forgive me for the double post but small/insignificant idea occured to me that i might try out. what i was thinking of doing is superglueing a small circle of sandpaper on the lid of one of my mops, so when im sitting at a bus stop bored out of my mind and unwilling to waste precious ink i can bust out a grimey scratch hit (horrible but a hit is still fame).

mods forgive me if this topic is taboo like etch.

So... I saw something dank the other day. I was wondering around the mall here in NokeTown just fuckin around wit some people and we walk into this, "Everything $1.00" Store, it smelled like chinese plastic in there so I didn't stick around long, but while i was in there I saw a pack of 3 kiwi-knockoff shoepolish bottles that were, like, pocket sized! For $1. duh. I woulda picked 'em up but who knows what's in $1 shoepolish... I don't want it all over the place when i take the top off that thing. But I'm thinkin that they're pocket mop material. Also, I had the chance to check out a window marker and a bingo marker at walmart the other day, cool stuff, I'ma pick up a bunch of shit next week and start puttin together a few mops.

But here's something else, In walmart they have these Brushey marker things for kids, they're shaped kinda funny and are basically plastic bottles full of kid's paint with a brush on the end , u squeeze, paint comes out, ok... Not a choice mop cuz it's a brush head, but maybe one could make alittle thin wheatpaste and pour it in there, they come in packs of 5, just fill up five, put the caps over the brushes and keep 'em in a thermos of hot water. You could whip one out and put up little sticker sized posters all overt the place, it sounds like extra work for such a small thing, but if u put alittle paste over them, they'd be 100 times harder to tear down than stickers. That'll go in the Wheatpaste101 thread too, it's part marker, part wheatpaste.

forgive me for the double post but small/insignificant idea occured to me that i might try out. what i was thinking of doing is superglueing a small circle of sandpaper on the lid of one of my mops, so when im sitting at a bus stop bored out of my mind and unwilling to waste precious ink i can bust out a grimey scratch hit (horrible but a hit is still fame).

mods forgive me if this topic is taboo like etch.

Thats such a fuckin bad ass idea mutherfucker shit ass cunt....honestly....thats a two in one tool right there... glue sand paper to the cap plus the mop itself? i like it shit...Nice idea...ima use that

thank you, but despite what you may think, i dont like being called a "motherfucker shit ass cunt" you dont have to swear so much man. but anyways thanks i glued some to the top of a pental. works me a charm.

no disrespect, i am actually against haters and Douche bags who run thier mouths on the internet....and upon further review i again realize that my words ran together and may have unintentionally insulted you. My bad man...I wasnt calling you that, it was just a blurted sentence...well, blurted via text on the screen.

sweet, anyway...i just had an awesome ink spill in my room. yay. i have to get a new carpet. yay. but what i was trying to do was fill this marker which i thought was unfillable, long story short, it was fillable but you dont put in as much ink as i did.

has anyone seen the seller on ebay who sells these mops advertisised as "New York Mops" (someone should really get that name patented, ive seen it on heaps of different mops sold by different people) but this guy used felt for his nibs, now ive tried that on my mops and it didnt flow to well thats why i stick to the shitty foam nibs but this guy got some sick hits out of it and every buyer said it was awesome.....any thoughts on felt nibs on mops or wether this would be worth the buy (not sure on the price something like 6 bucks or something....)????

sweet, anyway...i just had an awesome ink spill in my room. yay. i have to get a new carpet. yay. but what i was trying to do was fill this marker which i thought was unfillable, long story short, it was fillable but you dont put in as much ink as i did.

has anyone seen the seller on ebay who sells these mops advertisised as "New York Mops" (someone should really get that name patented, ive seen it on heaps of different mops sold by different people) but this guy used felt for his nibs, now ive tried that on my mops and it didnt flow to well thats why i stick to the shitty foam nibs but this guy got some sick hits out of it and every buyer said it was awesome.....any thoughts on felt nibs on mops or wether this would be worth the buy (not sure on the price something like 6 bucks or something....)????

nah fuck paying 6 bucks for a mop. mops are so easy to come by and even make. i dunno, unless sum1 has tryed them out and can prove me wrong, i'd say dont waste your money.

dont fucking say yay

my favorite mix

ingredients-

-Black kiwi shoe pollish (paste/gel) kind

-purple pilot ink refill

-Black meanstreak

-Coffee can

-lighter

-Go out side you dont want to inhale this shit... or maybe you do...

-Mix meanstreak and black kiwi paste in can then pour in about half of the purple pilot opeque shit

-stir till it becomes about as consistant as an egg yolk

- add 1/2 of the remaining purple pilot shit then continue to stir

-pour into refillable marker

-before capping the marker put in paint shaker to keep the paint from solidifying

yeah spose...... hey sqr, i'll be laughing when the time comes and you're trying desperately to clean your carpet, and trust me a day will come....its inevitable......you fuck with me and its bad luck everytime....

I strongly advise you work in your garage if you have one, that way spills don't matter.

sorry to advertise here, but this auction is ending tonight and nobody is bidding apparently

http://cgi.ebay.com/wescosa-Mini-Wide-Marker-refillable-graffiti-rustoleum_W0QQitemZ130036261272QQihZ003QQcategoryZ28109QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ps. dontsleep this isnt an ink thread, and your ink is a goose chase type shit.

im keen for that mini wide but i might be ordering one of those ultra wides at some point.

i know this was discussed at some point earlier in the thread but i didnt think it really gave much info, making your on meanstreaks/solified paint markers? i would be keen to make some and i intend to experiment this weekend but for now, i have exams.