MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

people who pay alot for mini wides are usually collectors, they havent been out of production that long really so in the future its possible that they could be worth more.

i just got lucky and got me some at an OK price, im ebaying them to make up for the too much money i threw down on them.

its pretty much impossible as far as i know to make your own streak markers

i mean, you can melt crayons and shit, and theres additives you can put in to make them suck less, like surf wax is one i heard, but i think its a waste of time.

just buy meanstreaks off ebay or any industrial supply company thats cheap.

samsclub website has them really cheap, but you have to have a membership

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Homemade ultrawide deodorant mop

1) Use up your everday stick deodorant you stinky bastard

2) Get an old gym sock and cut it in half

3) Jam the sock into the empty deodorant container cram it in as tightly as possible so it doesnt move when you press down on it make it sorta the same round shape as the deodorant for the best fit I used my keys to cram it in there really tight so it doesnt move when I press down on it you might try using some superglue but i dont have any so moving on..

4) make the bottom leakproof with lots of glue and get you plenty of that georgia platnium (duct tape) so that you will not have a pocket full of ink

5) Go outside or in your garage or put down some newspaper or whatever

6) pour ink on the sock until you have flooded the deodorant container to however much ink you want to use, this shit hold alot, so you shouldnt try this if you only have a few ounces left.

7) write on stuff but be careful about pressing down too hard on the nib because your sock might come lose and fall out/in and then you will have to fix it and get ink all over yourself and possibly the floor

Homemade Zippo stealth mini-mop

1) Get Zippo Lighter

2) Remove the top part that has the flint like you were going to put lighter fluid in it

3) get some chalkboard eraser and stuff it into the top you can glue it in place or just stuff it good and it wont move if you are careful

4) flood the nib with ink (its a good idea to carry a refill bottle of ink with you in something small like a visine eyedropper thing so you can refill this because it doesnt hold alot of ink)

5) close the lighter and be cool like joe camel

Postermarkers and OTRs are basically the same thing, OTRS are the tinyest bit bigger than most poster markers, and the nibs are rectangle instead of some weird snap-in shape making them easier to replace with chalkboard felt, You can put bucket paint in them if you thin it with paint thinner (duh),

If you would like more drips you can take a small nail and stab it into your nib this has previously been mentioned for pilots but it works here too, i've found that it works better on paint markers than pilots (maybe its just me i dunno)

You can fill them both with either paint or ink, but not ink and paint at the same time that shit doesnt work and it will fuck up your nib/pump system

You can fill your markers/mops with paint from a scrap can, if you first spray it into something else like a paper cup so that the spray vapors evaporate or else that shit will rocket out ( I made a marker once and called it the fuck the buff marker cause it shot out dookie green paint when you pressed down on the nib )

chapstick markers suck, if you make one just freeze a meanstreak and cut a chapstick sized piece off and do that instead its hella more permanent and actually looks like chapstick and doesn't leak ink in your pocket

and whats with everyone making shoe polish mops and dumping out the shoe polish instead of using that shit too?

OK thats all i've got for now, someone might have said this shit already but fuck if my A.D.D. gives a shit about the other 43 pages

Yo i was walkin down the street the other day and i saw this tag on this metal electrical box coming out of the gound. well anyways the tag didnt really look like a normal marker, it was black and was kinda thick. it didnt look like it a clean stroke tho almost looked like tar. and someone told me this tag has been there for almost 5 years. i dont think it might have been a mean streak tho. idk. does anyone kno what im talking about

I don't know if anyone's tlaked about this yet but I was in the shower last night and went to reach for the conditioner and my dad had brought this shit conditioner back from a hotel in this little bottle, and we were out. But the point is that my hair has no bounce or shine. actually the point is that u need to go get one of those bottles because as soon as i stepped out of the shower, I went in my room and cut out a piece of chalk-board eraser (those things are ace nibs) and then just stuffed it in the top of the tiny shampoo bottle. After i had established a good fit, i yanked it back out and filled the bottle about half way with some Higgins (that's what i had) and put the 'nib' back in, gave it a squeeze: Diamn. It's the drippiest little thing ever, and it's kinda fat for such a small marker. If you rip the extra platic shit out of the screw cap, you can fit it back over the nib and carry that thing in your pocket all day w/o a single spot of ink on the inside of ur pocket. Very ace little device, first homebrew mop i've made, I'm satisfied.

making a "meanstreak"

im from the uk so these things are hard to come by/expensive.

get a load of oil pastels- wotever colour. (there cheap or free if you steal them from your art class)

some hair wax

some soap

get an empty glue stick (or use a chap stick thing)

clean out all the glue

melt the pastels down (you only need about 3-4 pastels for a glue stick)

ad the hair wax. (about 2-3 pastels to a tea spoon of hair wax)

ad a small amount of soap (makes it softer/greasy)

fill the container. and leave it to cool (not in the freezer, this causes the stuff to crack)

thats it.

ive had tags up for about 3 years with this(3 years ago was wen i first made it)

you might have to experement with how much wax and soap you put in but if its too hard just melt the same ine back down.

it does stain a little and is good for writing on wet/rough serfaces.

hope this helps anyone.