Movie Cliches, or "We're Taking Over the Investigation"

SpyD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about when an intelligence agency getting some hooligan vigilante out of prison or out of the woodwork to do their dirty work.

they're like "this man has been in prison for 15 years but he's the only man powerful and fast enough to stop this threat. he's the only man that understands the alien invaders better than we do. look at his track record: served in the navy seals. single-handedly destroyed al-qaeda. can fire a shot from 2 miles and hit a man dead between the eyes. flew to an unknown planet in a top secret mission and assasinated various alien leaders. he's dangerous, he's risky, but he's the only hope we've got."

:lol: truee

what about when someone kidnaps a kid, then gives them the chance to leave and run off before they kill them, and the kid kidnapped is like "nah, i'll stay" or like in alphadog when the kid can just go catch a bus and he's like "nope, i'm cool, moms gona bitch me out so i'd rather get killed"

why is it that in fight scenes between evil henchmen and the hero of a movie, the henchmen line up and take turns, one by one, attacking the main hero character. rather than just rushing him as a group? that always pisses me off.

MY NIGGA I WAS WATCHING THAT BRUCE LEE JOINT "FISTS OF FURY" AND THE PART WHERE THE CHINOS STEAL THE RICE CAKES FROM SHORTY AND BRUCE LEE COMES THROUGH TO BEAT NIGGAS UP, THEY DEAD ASS STEP INTO POSITION TO GET KICKED IN THE CHEST/FACIAL/STOMACH. THAT SHIT IS HILARIOUS.

you can generally tell which "black comedies" are written by blacks and which are written by whites.

like, scary movie 1 & 2 were cool, but 3 and 4 was watered-down nonsense. along with their offshoots "date movie" and "epic movie."

THE PART IN DATE MOVIE WHERE THE BITCH WAS KRUMPING AND THE BLACK MIDGET NIGGA SAID "BITCH BE KRUMPIN!!!" WAS THE FUNNIEST SHIT I EVER SEEN.

I DONT KNOW IF YALL MENTIONED THIS YET BUT, THE MAIN DUDE IN ACTION MOVIES CAN TAKE OD PHYSICAL PUNISHMENT (GET STABBED IN THE EYE, SHOT IN THE LEGS, THROWN DOWN THE STAIRS, DROPPED OFF A ROOF) AND STILL BE RUNNIN AROUND BUSTIN SHOTS AND KICKIN NIGGAS IN THE CHEST LIKE HE JUST DRANK A RED BULL AND SNIFFED A SHOELACE.

yeah, i saw it. did you forget about that white scottish doctor who was the co-star... coming over giving idi amin all of this advice, as idi amin was portrayed as being a bumbling idiot that couldn't make simple decisions? he also worked in hospitals all around uganda "saving" blacks, including "saving" idi amin when he got injured. also, all of the black women wanted this white "hero".

the story was fictional and contrived in the minds of the white writers by the way -- there was no such doctor that existed.

true story (not the movie).

So Forest Whittaker just re-enacted his role as Rawlins from Bloodsport in order to win his Oscar??:lol::lol:

My Dad said this movie was good as we went to watch Transformers the other night as he watched it only recently himself.

ITS TYPE CORNY, BUT SOME PARTS ARE FUNNY, I SUGGEST SMOKING MAD BUD AND WATCHING IT WITH SOMEONE EQUALLY CHOPPED.
That is how I watched it, but I still thought it licked balls.

But don't take my advice, watch it for yourself.

I actually got more laughs from Cannibal Holocaust.

mamerro pointed out the thing with computer interfaces/ blip sounds/ big dumb graphic layouts.

and dailycrunch was on point with the "can you enhance this image" bit in movies.

these two things always annoy me in movies.

COMPUTERS & ELECTRONICS

• Word processors never display a cursor.
  • You never have to use the space-bar when typing long sentences.
  • Movie character never make typing mistakes.
  • All monitors display inch-high letters.
  • High-tech computers, such as those used by NASA, the CIA, or some such governmental institution, will have easy to understand graphical interfaces.
  • Those that don't, have incredibly powerful text-bases command shells that can correctly understand and execute commands typed in plain english.
  • Corollary: you can gain access to any information you want by simply typing "ACCESS ALL OF THE SECRET FILES" on any keyboard
  • Likewise, you can infect a computer with a destructive virus by simply typing "UPLOAD VIRUS" (see "Fortress")
  • All computers are connected. You can access the information on the villain's desktop computer, even if it's turned off.
  • Powerful computers beep whenever you press a key or whenever the screen changes. Some computers also slow down the output on the screen so that it doesn't go faster than you can read. The *really* advanced ones also emulate the sound of a dot-matrix printer.
  • All computer panels have thousands of volts and flash pots just underneath the surface. Malfunctions are indicated by a bright flash, a puff of smoke, a shower of sparks, and an explosion that forces you backwards.
  • People typing away on a computer will turn it off without saving the data.
  • A hacker can get into the most sensitive computer in the world before intermission and guess the secret password in two tries.
  • Any PERMISSION DENIED has an OVERRIDE function (see "Demolition Man" and countless others).
  • Complex calculations and loading of huge amounts of data will be accomplished in under three seconds. Movie modems usually appear to transmit data at the speed of two gigabytes per second.
  • When the power plant/missile site/whatever overheats, all the control panels will explode, as will the entire building.
  • If you display a file on the screen and someone deletes the file, it also disappears from the screen (e.g Clear and Present Danger).
  • If a disk has got encrypted files, you are automagically asked for a password when you try to access it.
  • No matter what kind of computer disk it is, it'll be readable by any system you put it into. All application software is usable by all computer platforms.
  • The more high-tech the equipment, the more buttons it has (Aliens). However, everyone must have been highly trained, because the buttons aren't labelled.
  • Most computers, no matter how small, have reality-defying three-dimensional, active animation, photo-realistic graphics capability.
  • Laptops, for some strange reason, always seem to have amazing real-time video phone capabilities and the performance of a CRAY Supercomputer.
  • Whenever a character looks at a VDU, the image is so bright that it projects itself onto his/her face (see "Alien", "2001").

http://www.moviecliches.com/cliche1.html

horror movie cliche:

guy stands in front of sink in bathroom, looks in mirror. opens mirror-door and grabs something out of the medicine cabinent. closes mirror-door and a ghost or a monster appears in the mirror reflection behind the dude, while simultaneously you hear a loud music/sound-effect. dude turns around and no one is there

why is it that in movies driving a car is almost an entirely automated task, no changing gears (okay so they may have an automatic transmission), barely any attention paid to the road, no indicators... dude is there driving along, having an in depth discussion with the person in the passenger seat, giving them their undivided attention.