Abstracts

Bojangles

How was that racist?

I've had lots of black kids...and a few Ricans say "do you" to me before and I dig it.

White kids are all kiss asses and just go, "Yeah dude...That's killer." Which 80-90% of the time is bullshit.

I'm not back pedaling here by no means, and I'm as pasty-whiteguy-cracka'-muthfucka as they come, BUT I'd be willing to bet that skin color aside, I hold down more cred in the art world, general inner-city life and graffiti world aside, so take my critique as a compliment, young blood.

And yes, I'm this cocky in real life too. You'd all probably hate me.

Guku, pull your panties out of your asscrack and man up or you'll never make it in this shit.

You have the right to start bitching if someone drops the "N bomb" on you (And I'd act on it and help you out.), until then shut up and keep posting art before I ban you.

How do you like that for the new and improved 12oz.? ;)

Anyhoo...

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
why so centered?

This. The negative space in those ruin it for me.

And as for throwing the racism card on that comment............

1255461658_eye-poppin.gif

Okay...I hope that everyone of every race, creed, color and national origin as well as sexual orientation likes this one. You dudes are hella' sensitive. I would've said that same thing in front of my "African-American" friends and they would have laughed. Actually, they'd laugh at me for using the aforementioned term, and tell me that they weren't born in Africa and to call them "black".

Get the fuck over it. It was a joke.

In all honesty, I would never post anything that I thought would every truly offend anyone intentionally. So in the end, if it did...sorry.

(God, apologizing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.)

Anyone that knows me in real life knows that I roll with everyone from everywhere. But, I'm also a smartass who clowns on everyone equally. I'm only saying all of this to shut everyone up and get the thread back on track.

Abandonedcopy.jpg?t=1332083478

Title: Abandoned

This piece doesn't deal with anything deep or explore the mysteries of the universe. It has no social undertones and is dairy-free.

Please paypal me lots of money to purchase it.

Much peace and love to all of you and Jesus and Santa Claus...or some shit like that.

I was going to make a joke about picking on gays and lesbians next but I figured I'd best not, so you all don't get offended.

Clemenza,

I like the top one a lot, but to me, both feel unfinished.

I'd like to see some layering on top of what you've got. Even if it's semi-opaque.

Give it some more movement. Follow that purple color.

Swampy,

Nice work as well. Like the top one as well!

On a serious note Guku, are you doing those stickers by hand or having them printed? If by hand, how long does it take you to do one sticker?

Sometimes you'll post a painting and I actually like it. Other times it looks really amateur and your placement ruins it for me. The later part of this comment is more often than not, but I think if you tried a little more control and put a little more visual direction into these, they'd improve greatly. Right now, you seem like you're getting high then drawing a few lines, connecting them, filling in some, scratching over others, and you let the piece kind of form itself. Maybe I'm wrong, but if you were form the piece sort of visually before hand, then work off that, you might be better. If you needed direction, I'd say take it visually from architectural design.

That's my two cents. You'll never live down the butt hurtedness of Bojangles "racism." Don't take yourself so seriously man. Loosen up.

i fucking hate acrylic, im not a great fan of yellow or this off purple either and i hate

painting without reference for faces but its all ive had this last week, anyway what up oontz..

DSC_1282.jpg

DSC_1277.jpg

DSC_1276.jpg

DSC_1273.jpg

DSC_1270.jpg

DSC_1265.jpg

DSC_1262.jpg

DSC_1261.jpg

DSC_1258.jpg

DSC_1255.jpg

DSC_1254.jpg

DSC_1253.jpg

DSC_1252-1.jpg

DSC_1251-1.jpg

DSC_1247-1.jpg

DSC_1244-1.jpg

DSC_1246-1.jpg

fuck there are a lot of photos, my mates cameras far too complicated for me i just wanted some clean two page photos so these are a shit load of angled artsy things.. apologies