Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't know why, but I'm normally not inclined to many things that make me think of Pollock.

I don't even like this one that much. But that powder blue is nice. I like that.

Honestly, I think the black scribbles and the drips (drips in particular) are a bit too clashing with the softness of some of the color-fields on there.

just my .02

I wouldnt say Pollack as the process is completely different in the way that alot of the marks were made with direct contact and with intention to create a mark on the surface, where Pollack never really touched the surface or painting. The accidental quality of the marks though are similar. An all over abstract like this seems similar in energy but I think there is more influence to Twombly and wildstyle movement. Also Jago although I would say his painting style is very turneresque and landscape driven it actually all starts with characters and then is simplified and pushed into color fields. Thanks for the feedback though.

I appreciate the feedback. I actually thing personally this is one of my favorite pieces i have painted in the last couple years. I only wish i had more time to work on it or more daylight. But I dont think I could have improved it only created some more depth. Which would have only been viewable in person.

Not sure if it is due to my switching from geometric to gestural but It has been my plan this year to fully expand into a more gestural body of work leaving geometric work almost completely atleast until 2013 when I plan to build a cohesive style involving both aspects.

Here is some pieces I did you guys might not like these either haha.

6776651758_02692e2468_b.jpg

6776640256_386471d063_z.jpg

6922750307_66c1e421c0_z.jpg

6776651348_3468c8f833_z.jpg

• Like 1

i like the first of the second 2 a lot, and the second.

the one i said i don't like, i shouldn't say i don't like, its that i don't like it as much as i usually do your stuff. i think there might be too many colors in it for my taste? maybe like 2 less tones and my eyes would follow it better.

iuno. you guys are the art folks, i just look at it.

Poesia

Your work has blown me away since the first time I saw a piece in person on a trip to SF in the 90's.

This one

I cant wrap my head around how you work, seeing the end result always challenges me. I tend to try and break work down ... and with yours all I can see is the end result.

Really like the little white hits in these recent two, and with your insight on the change in direction they make more sense.

Keep sharting !!

Poesia- Twombly came to mind for me as well. I think he, however, (and this might seem an odd thing to say considering his body of work) was less busy than the feeling I get from the piece above.

I think it's really just the drips that get to me.

But those two walls you put up, are awesome. I really enjoy the transition to gestural you have been making. In particular, the interaction between the geometric and the gestural that you seemed to be playing with in the piece with the figures and color obfuscation that you posted a while ago.

Line chaos in chroma fields.

I was looking at a pair of earphones on my bed the other day, and as I was observing them( indirectly), a thought occurred to me. The line, in itself, can be very chaotic in space....The cord, which connects to the upper earphones, was tangled. It was not intentionally tangled. I didn't tangle them, and the line didn't choose to become tangled. It became tangled by my innate motion and its owns innate motion, which was a reaction to my motion..... The chord became chaotic due to the chaos surrounding it.

6829483664_1faed95166_z.jpg

6829483970_ef33ae4d6b_z.jpg

6829391492_b7c1c067ec_z.jpg

6829391260_a1e355e0fb_z.jpg

6829390838_538a94198f_z.jpg

6975514983_d25f23d08f_z.jpg

So, in other words...You drew some shit.

Let go of that art school rhetoric, and as the black kids say, "do you".

I'm going to speak out once, and only once.

I have no problem with you not liking my pieces or not liking my statements regarding my illustrations. That's not my issue, nor will ever be. We are separate entities, and you are entitled to think freely, just like I am entitled to script and state my ideas and theories with no inhibitions.

However, what will not be tolerated or accepted at any time, or on any level in life, is racism or the racial slurs that accompany it, no matter how discreet or inconspicuous they may be.

This has been rightfully reported: "Let go of that art school rhetoric, and as the black kids say, "do you".

This is a thread about abstract mediums and the ideas behind them, nothing more and nothing less. That needs to be respected, and if individuals can't do that, then those individuals do not need to post here.

peace.

I like that Tosh said the same thing at the end of his show last night. "Do you"

After reading and holding back from commenting on the over sensitive nature of that rant, I about died laughing to see it on TV the very same day.

Since I am typing: who the fuck do you "rightfully report" that to ?? Is there a task force or some shit ?