Abstracts

Bojangles

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Peace.

Still pushing more chaos through space. These hand,ink crafted prints will be auctioned, and I've been working on a lot of pieces that will be placed on exhibition at the end of summer.

7184392948_d49c71cb04_z.jpg

7184390552_8093e4b2d5_z.jpg

7184389264_29c507f21b_z.jpg

7184387974_ffcc97774b_z.jpg

7184386768_8b66e132c9_z.jpg

7184384324_9e9a25640d_z.jpg

7184381614_37dcf90c90_z.jpg

7184380604_0c58f08c98_z.jpg

7184383132_3d3ba3cf11_z.jpg

7184394310_1197fd4c45_z.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

man poesia, your latest work has got to be some of the finest work ive seen in a while..its makes me think if jurne decided to make fine art..on lsd.

i dropped out of art school and now im going back, sadly a sliver of paper to validate my existence is needed round these parts. back to making work again. im really bad at classifying my work, i just let my brain take a shit and flush it down through my pencil.

imgtf.jpg

By ziggyziggs at 2012-07-22

also the facilities at this place are top notch..gonna use the printmaking lab like i own it.

• 3 weeks later...

Poesia... you're killing it. So inspiring to see.

Been a while since I posted in here, or to 12oz at all. I've been keeping busy, though. I recently finished up a six color screen print that is now available. Limited to 50 - signed and numbered. You can pick one up on my website.

I'd love to post a photo of the print but I can't. The link file is too large, no matter what size I make the image to upload from my computer it's too large... you'll just have to go to the website and see it. Sorry...

^^Touching on that, and transcend and the abstract graffiti movement in general, Poesia is also waxing art historical in this:

“It’s hard to explain how important Futura is to our evolution as artists,” says Poesia, a major figure in the Graffuturism movement. “As the cliche states, Futura was ahead of his time,” notes the Bay Area artist. “He was a complete paradigm shift... Futura's purely abstract whole car in 1980 can be compared to Wassily Kandinsky's first purely abstract paintings. Both were firsts and painted almost 60 years apart. Kandisky opened a door to modern art, Futura has opened a door to what we are doing today. Futura was able to strip away the letters for pure abstract color and form, making a statement that is still being digested today. The graffiti artist leaving figurative letter forms, the graffiti artist transcending aesthetically, the graffiti artist becoming an artist, graffiti becoming art—Futura addressed so much with one painting. It didn’t stop there. He’s had huge impacts in streetwear, photography, design, publishing and much more. He seems to always be first to the punch on so many things. Legend is not a strong enough word. He is the exception to every rule, unparalleled.”

Piece (by complex, still good though) on futura and the new Hennessy collab

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

guku I like it when you dont have the white space. SOmething about the white space gets me. Ive thought a lot as to why and I think its because its not symmetrical or equal. Maybe because its scattered or something makes me see your work as unfinished or not having balance. I like everything else. I just cant get over the white space.