I've always dreamed of owning a liquor store

AnUpsetStomach

the opening post was so idealistically insane, i couldnt deal with the rest. cheery folks hoping to start a night out? it sounded like some fucking awful 8th grade creative writing assignment. i hope you fail, just cause you made me uncomfortable reading that drivel.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Open said store in a nicer area.

That, and only cater to aficionados.

I used to go out of my way to go to good liquor stores(Chicago & Phoenix), that only stock expensive Imported beers and microbrews. It was worth the drive everytime.

I recently moved and this is in my neighborhood - so no more long trips... this place is the shit:

http://www.magnumcigarwineliquor.com/tour.php

Nice wine, nice stogies, nice beer & nice booze... not a scumbag in sight. The employees dress like high class waiters.

If you stock Gilbey's gin or malt liquor, you'll be asking for trouble.

ding ding ding!!!

i work in a pub. we buyt bottles of 2 litre bottles of Smirnoff for £12.

we sell it in shots of 25ml, at £2 (approx) each. so after 6 shots, we made our money back and everything is profit...

Umm what you neglect to take into account here, is that you are paying barstaff, as well as securtity staff (which you don't require in a bottlo) and the thing is the traffic in a bottleshop is much great over the days trading.

And clubs are even a greater exponential wage expensive as you have what at least 5 to 6 barstaff, around the same number of security guards, and the monitoring costs of amking sure the barstaff aren't skimming the til/giving freebees to mates is unquantifiable.

Bottlos are the best bet, and you mostly work during daylight hours. What shop were you thinking of buying AUS?

Guest R@ndomH3ro

If you wanted classy you should have opened up a cigar shop....and sold high price scotch.

liquor stores are for teh ghettoz

Umm what you neglect to take into account here, is that you are paying barstaff, as well as securtity staff (which you don't require in a bottlo) and the thing is the traffic in a bottleshop is much great over the days trading.

And clubs are even a greater exponential wage expensive as you have what at least 5 to 6 barstaff, around the same number of security guards, and the monitoring costs of amking sure the barstaff aren't skimming the til/giving freebees to mates is unquantifiable.

Bottlos are the best bet, and you mostly work during daylight hours. What shop were you thinking of buying AUS?

true, they are differnet things. i picked up what someone else had said about making money from pouring drinks.

ive worked in night clubs, and now im a manager at a pub which are agin both really different.

the potenetial to become stupidly rich from a club is very high, pubs less so.