post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

roast pork tender loin, potatoes, french green beans, mustard sauce

IMG_0686.jpg

i just got done making a five course dinner for my family tonight up first was a delicacta squash soup with spiced creme fraiche and spiced pumpkin seeds

IMG_0711.jpg

spring mix salad, tart cherry vinaigrette, candied pecans, parmesean, taylor gold pears

IMG_0714.jpg

my brother's girl is prego and can't have scallops so i did her up a sauteed salmon, tarragon buerre blanc, parsnip puree, arugula coulis yes those are flowers and we ate them (i wanted micro greens to garnish but i couldn't find any even at whole foods)

IMG_0717.jpg

the scallops done with the same things

IMG_0718.jpg

she also can't do meat any less than well done so for her i made chicken with a mustard sauce, roasted fingerlings, french g beans

IMG_0719.jpg

we had lamb tenderloin with lamb espagnole, fig mint redwine reduction and the same starch and veg

IMG_0721.jpg

and for dessert i made german black forest chocolate cake, sauteed tart cherries, taylor gold pears vanilla bean ice cream

IMG_0741.jpg

mocci ball FTW!!!!!!!

glen....its close to impossible to be fat eating asian meals.

com'mon dude...i mash 25 to 30 pieces of sushi when i go to the japanese spot.

...look at me.

(ok...im almost 6'6",i win by default)

mocci packs from noble are what's up.

well... i'm part asian, and i eat chinese food all the time... does that count?

No, all that means is i'm short and round around the middle...

You are also aware of my affinity for sushi, but my budget is more to the tune of BK whopper Jr's...

I snagged one of those fly ass buy one get one free BK coupon books from the paper, it's gangster... What's it like to be a veg head and constantly have to smell flame broiled goodness?

farce, that all looks amazing... nice work.

do you mind sharing your mustard sauce recipe? we do pork tenderloin a lot around here since it's pretty cheap when purchased whole, but we always stick with the same few recipes for it. looking to change things up a little bit. thanks in advance...

So if anyone is down to make it I do have a recipe for a pumpkin spice soup that is awesome. Topped off with some creme fresh and toasted almonds. 29 ingredients...Ill post if someone feels like making it...kinda out of season.

I'd try it... got some canned pumpkin in the house that I picked up in the fall and never used.

farce, that all looks amazing... nice work.

do you mind sharing your mustard sauce recipe? we do pork tenderloin a lot around here since it's pretty cheap when purchased whole, but we always stick with the same few recipes for it. looking to change things up a little bit. thanks in advance...

yeah man. i sear off the tenderloin then transfer it to a sheet pan or something around those lines. then in the pan i sear it in i add minced shallot and garlic and saute for a couple minutes then i deglaze with 1tbsp white wine and reduce that till its pretty much gone then add a quart of chicken stock and a sprig of thyme and a fresh bay leaf and reduce the stock by about 3/4 then whisk in about 2-3 oz of heavy cream and let that reduce a little. take it off the heat and strain it through i fine mesh strainer the add about 2 tbsp of whole grain mustard and season to taste. whisk in a little knob of butter and boom. it works well with chicken too.

IMG00136-20100118-2326.jpg

^^

not sure how this is gonna come out.

no BS: the best crab bisque in San Francisco is in Nordstrom's Cafe (5th floor on Westfield) I know, sounds shady but I swear it's that fiiiii-errrrrrrrrr,

i scored some Parmesan toasts to go with. I'll post pix if its worthy...

Worst case i got these thanks to the Haribo thread;

IMG00137-20100118-2326.jpg

yeah man. i sear off the tenderloin then transfer it to a sheet pan or something around those lines. then in the pan i sear it in i add minced shallot and garlic and saute for a couple minutes then i deglaze with 1tbsp white wine and reduce that till its pretty much gone then add a quart of chicken stock and a sprig of thyme and a fresh bay leaf and reduce the stock by about 3/4 then whisk in about 2-3 oz of heavy cream and let that reduce a little. take it off the heat and strain it through i fine mesh strainer the add about 2 tbsp of whole grain mustard and season to taste. whisk in a little knob of butter and boom. it works well with chicken too.

Sounds fantastic. Thanks again, I'd prop but I need to spread around some first. Can't wait to try this, hopefully this weekend.

Archived