post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i couldnt sleep last night cause i was stressed the fuck out so i decided to cook something to calm myself. i pulled together some random shit and came up with this.

seared salmon burger patties over lemon pepper pasta with scallions topped with basil pesto, and artichoke hearts with a rice vinegar and raw sugar deglaze drizzle.

ofwmmp.jpg

then i finished it with some mandarin and orange jello I had made earlier in the day.

f4qjra.jpg

really being able to "whip up" a good dish isnt as hard as it may seem and from seeing your meals you posted suki you probably have very complex palate, maybe you just dont know it.

to suki and whoever else what it really comes down to for better words is matching flavours that compliment each other, for example in that dish i had those salmon patties then thought what goes with well with seafood? lemon, and i knew i had that lemon pasta. then thought what goes good with lemon? i like to add a little lemon to my butter dip for artichokes and knew i had some artichoke hearts i had roasted in the freezer and so on ........

at first it seems easier to start it off with with the main part of the dish as in this case the salmon but really it is just as easy to start a creation from the last thing such as a drizzle.

maybe some people really cant cook but i feel if you like to eat food you can make a good dish.

yes some things require experience or a know how, whith cooking there is always something to learn. the best chefs in the world learn new things all the time and for that its why i love to cook. :)

http://www.therainierclub.com/[/url] guess it's a good thing i went and bought a suit today. I didn't even expect a call back from the rainier club but i just got off the phone with the chef. im fucking STOKED! i'm gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight i can already tell.

Good luck! From what I have seen, from the pics you have posted, you are very talented. I hope it all goes well for you. You definitely aren't lacking in the skills department. :)

Picture038-3.jpg

Whole herb roasted chicken with veggies and an arugula salad w/hard boiled eggs.

Picture041-4.jpg

Chicken stock from said whole chicken. Needed more fresh herbs.

Picture051-2.jpg

Spaghetti alcarbona(sp). Bacon, egg and cheese and s+p. My heart stopped half way through.

a couple randoms

home fries w/sriracha

96x9mq.jpg

homemade burgerstand ghetto burger complete with shredded lettuce

1zzq3j4.jpg

many bean soup

34q4phc.jpg

soked the beans overnight

viky9z.jpg

added 1lb of bacon, later added diced tomato's, garlic, abunch of onion and seasonings

nxrigp.jpg

after a 2.5 hour simmer, ended up with this awesomeness

wild and probably unedible mushrooms outside of mings dynasty

28bgsnn.jpg

Good luck! From what I have seen, from the pics you have posted, you are very talented. I hope it all goes well for you. You definitely aren't lacking in the skills department. :)

thanks man. i got the spot at the rainier club i start on sunday at 8am for a brunch that is serving 800 members of the club. gonna be crazy. it's been awhile since i have been in the professional kitchen and this is a whole new level for me but i have now achieved one of my goals and that was to make it into fine dinning. tonight i'm making roasted pork tenderloin, asparagus, potatoes, stone ground mustard sauce. i'll post flicks later.

IOU stock isn't meant to be herbaceous. what your going for with stock is the essence of chicken beef pork veal lamb and so forth. the stock is just meant to be the base for building upon. if you got a rich veal stock and go to make demi glace the sauce is gonna end up being a whole lot better since you could build the flavor profile off of the stock you started with. or another example would be chicken noodle soup. if you start off with a stock that you simmered for a day. with only onion carrot celery and a couple bay leaves parsley stems black pepper corns. that rich stock is gonna give the you a big base of chicken flavor then when you make the soup that's when you season it and add herbs like rosemary and thyme.

IOU stock isn't meant to be herbaceous. what your going for with stock is the essence of chicken beef pork veal lamb and so forth. the stock is just meant to be the base for building upon. if you got a rich veal stock and go to make demi glace the sauce is gonna end up being a whole lot better since you could build the flavor profile off of the stock you started with. or another example would be chicken noodle soup. if you start off with a stock that you simmered for a day. with only onion carrot celery and a couple bay leaves parsley stems black pepper corns. that rich stock is gonna give the you a big base of chicken flavor then when you make the soup that's when you season it and add herbs like rosemary and thyme.

OK, I see what you're saying. The flavor seemed a little thin to me, but when I used it to make some tomato soup, it seemed to better than when I used canned stock. So I think I'll just stick to what I did and just have it simmer for at least five hours or so.. I only did three this last time.

And congrats man..

thanks man. i got the spot at the rainier club i start on sunday at 8am for a brunch that is serving 800 members of the club. gonna be crazy. it's been awhile since i have been in the professional kitchen and this is a whole new level for me but i have now achieved one of my goals and that was to make it into fine dinning. tonight i'm making roasted pork tenderloin, asparagus, potatoes, stone ground mustard sauce. i'll post flicks later.

yayyy! congrats! that is awesome, dude. don't worry about it, i am sure everything will go smoothly. anddd holy balls, i wish someone was making that for me tonight!

p.s. not a man ;]

Archived