read my comics

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ps- the illustrations were dope but this is what i understood from the story line

1- Guy follows the arrow to get to a mathematical equation

2-A star and a cactus are out to get him

His pupils dilate as he says "pills, brass knuckles and upside down heart"

3-He goes to sleep and a monster comes and takes him.

4- the end?

These are your norman or goodlum comics?

neither. more along the lines of norman®, however... if you would like to get technical. the goodlums® comics (aka 10mg®) were all drawn directly with ink no pencil and no pre planning... just drawn when i was under the influence... and norman®, is actually the name of the daily comic i draw that i'm still in the process of working on getting syndicated. the comics that are going to be published in the new yorker are gag comics. you know... single panel comics with no border and no dialog bubbles... just a typed caption and gray washed with water color and ink. pick up a copy of the new yorker and you'll have an idea.

Ps- the illustrations were dope but this is what i understood from the story line

1- Guy follows the arrow to get to a mathematical equation

2-A star and a cactus are out to get him

His pupils dilate as he says "pills, brass knuckles and upside down heart"

3-He goes to sleep and a monster comes and takes him.

4- the end?

Ok... close, but here's the breakdown. In the world of the Goodlums (10mg), there are many characters, but the main characters are guppies and starfish.

In the first panel, the starfish is telling the guppie that he's worried about him (hence the "!"), but the guppie is saying that he needs to go cop some pills. the sign is actually a code that if deciphered would have given you the info you needed to score oxycontin in sf *in the tenderloin)

"E.J. ... 20+80=7" which back in 2002 broke down to a hidden code saying that if you go to Eddy and Jones(E.J.), spent $20 (which was the street rate in the TL back in 2002) you would get an oc80 and "=7" simply met that you;d be high and happy.

The next panel, the starfish is basically saying, "don't go or you could die!" and the guppie reples by saying "oh well, i wan't to die" (thats what the skull word bubbles are for)

The third panel is the guppy saying that he's outta pills, sad and pissed off. The starfish is pleading with him from across the land (and the moon is a percocet)

Fourth panel is showing that he obviouslly copped some pills and is so high that he's in bed sweating and sleeping...

Fifth panel shows that oh shit maybe he's not sleeping... and the skull leaving his body is his spirit leaving his shell of a body behind (because he's overdosing)

The final panel is the oxycontin octopus squeezing the life out of the guppie as he's overdosing in his sleep,