UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yawwwwnnnnn. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

trying to pull that card is the same as saying a Grizzly Bear is a pretty good fighter when it comes to fighting Pandas. lol OF COURSE HIS WRESTLING career should be good, he's a giant and he just lays on you, his stand up is TERRIBLE, dispute that to me, PLEASE. Ive seen plenty of his fights over the last year and his training clips. You trying to sit here and tell me I dont know what Im talkin about just makes you look silly, and seemingly might be more mad cuz you may be one of those frat kids I spoke about. Argue with someone else to get your own "e cred" up, Im doin fine thnx.

WHICH IS BOUND TO HAPPEN.

IM SORRY

IF CARWIN GASSED OUT TRYING

CAIN AINT DOIN IT.

cain and carwins cardio are two tottally different situations cain has gone three rounds plenty of times as for shane i cant say the same and cain is training with div.1 wrestlers who weigh the same if not more than brock and the new div.1 wrestlers are WAY more competitive than when brock was div1

brock was div1

brockwwe.jpg

WWE is division 1?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i keed i keed :lol:

Dave Batista is a former bodybuilder, former lifeguard and former bouncer. In 2002, he was enlisted into Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Entertainment, which routinely rolls out the red carpet for 6-foot-6, 300-pound men with body fat in the single digits.

The next eight years are a bit of a blur, mostly because reading synopses of wrestling storylines could give me an aneurysm. It's probably safe to say he enjoyed lots of success and a nice cut of merchandising.

Now Batista's WWE contract has expired, and despite his previous jobs not giving him a lot of leeway, he appears interested in pursuing a career as a professional fighter. He told TMZ.com over the weekend -- in a vague, sleepy way -- that he was headed to Strikeforce, though he left out important qualifiers like "I have signed" or "I have a deal." Like Kurt Angle before him, Batista might simply be enjoying the attention that comes with having intentions to fight.

If he chooses to, Batista will be joining a pretty ignoble group of sideshow attractions that appear to be multiplying. (When the sport needed to pull this kind of stunt in the 1990s, they were nowhere to be found. Go figure.) Herschel Walker, serious as he appears to be, is still a guest star on a show he doesn't really belong on; Kimbo Slice, Jose Canseco and James Toney all have reasons never to set foot inside a cage.

If you're a real purist, their participation can almost be seen as a perversion of the sport's blue-collar mentality: work hard, fight hard and earn something. Bringing and using notoriety from another industry almost seems like a cheat.

In this way, the MMA business of 2010 is beginning to mimic what Japan had relied on for years -- hiring recognizable faces to fight with the expectation that the attention they bring will have an effect on the rest of the roster. Fans despise Nobuhiko Takada, the pro wrestler who engaged in alternately suspect and horrible fights in Pride. But without his participation, it's unlikely the promotion would've ever survived long enough to introduce a talent like Kazushi Sakuraba or Wanderlei Silva to a wide audience.

And just as Takada against Rickson Gracie sold more tickets than any "legitimate" fight possible with two qualified athletes that same night, Fedor Emelianenko versus Fabricio Werdum would be dwarfed in the ratings by Kimbo Slice against Batista. It's nauseating, but what opportunities could those two provide for everyone on the undercard?

Batista, naturally, is far less equipped to compete than even Takada, who -- along with Sakuraba and dozens of others -- benefited from a stiffer pro wrestling style in Japan that had athletes learning real catch wrestling and striking moves, even if the goal was to pull back on them in a match. In terms of matchmaking, he's as fragile as glass. But I doubt fans would care much.

It's a forgivable concession to the attention span of casual viewers, but these are all names that paint the competency level of mixed martial arts in a suspicious light. Batista would probably never dream of entering professional boxing, football or any one of a dozen sports. But MMA is some kind of refuge for amateurs.

At least he's being pragmatic about his chances. When asked by the TMZ camera operator what he thought about fighting Emelianenko, he didn't have to think.

"I want nothing to do with that dude," Batista said.

yawwwwnnnnn. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

trying to pull that card is the same as saying a Grizzly Bear is a pretty good fighter when it comes to fighting Pandas. lol OF COURSE HIS WRESTLING career should be good, he's a giant and he just lays on you, his stand up is TERRIBLE, dispute that to me, PLEASE. Ive seen plenty of his fights over the last year and his training clips. You trying to sit here and tell me I dont know what Im talkin about just makes you look silly, and seemingly might be more mad cuz you may be one of those frat kids I spoke about. Argue with someone else to get your own "e cred" up, Im doin fine thnx.

weren't you on the Lesnar train like 6 pages back?

weren't you on the Lesnar train like 6 pages back?

NEVER. He caught Herring with one punch and he didnt flip him, he fell back and rolled, thats what you do when youre in motion, you go with it.

I would give him more credit for the small bit of flurries he put on Couture that had his knees wabble. But in the scheme of things it takes more then just that incident for me to get behind him as a Mixed martial artist, as it stand now, he's just an athletic giant using his weight and that to me will never win over true MMA fans and people who have been watching this sport for years. Take that wrestling shit back to the WWE.

sonnen sucks dick, he's got zero chance of beatin anderson, but for some reason i've got a feelin anderson's gonna throw it or there going to fix the fight.

homeboy ain't been wanting to fight at 185 for a while, his last few fights have been a bore...(unlike when he first came into the ufc tryin to knock nigguz heads off) so this is dana's or andersons way of moving up to 205. even thoe he ain't gonna be able to do shit in 205 because shoguns going to be champ for a long time. nobody can out strike shogun, and nobodys gonna just gsp him (lay on top of him for 5 rounds) and silva vs rua wouldnt happen ever cus there chute boxe homies.

also, brock sucks dick and so does gsp.....gsp is supposed to be on the p4p list?!? wtf is that all that canadian bitch does is lay on mother fuckers ever since matt serra dropped him, pounded on that ass and MADE GSP TAP FROM PUNCHES...thats a pussy move, dont belive me watch the video. since when is layin on some body beast? brock needs to go back to wrasslin with the hulkster and shit, homeboy has hands the size of turkeys and he dont even know how to punch, soft ass pussy.

twonpoo, youre hella mad at brock man.

youre still gonna say that brock didnt send herring's ass to the canvas doing a backflip?

and whats this "just lay on him" shit? every fight ive watched, he has finished.

obviously minus the only loss against mir.

he never DROPPED anyone . he dont have that power bruh straight up herring was already backing up . i have yet to see brock stop someone where they stand with a solid hit:lol: get off brocks nuts al ready

thank you, experienced viewers can see that. These 2 are just mad cuz their hats are still sweaty and the curviture on the brim is impeding their views of what's obvious.

frat-party-fans.jpg

"its totally cool bruh, i seen a backflip too! he is just too bad ass bruh!"