UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

I thought Shogun outperformed Machida, but only by a hair. Both were too careful. I know it's riskier to be more aggressive, but with a belt on the line I feel like both dudes should show how much they want it. And that goes more so for the challenger, it's up to the challenger to either finish the defending champ or show the judges without question why they should transfer the title.

Velasquez was a monster though, I don't know how you slam a 265 pound dude. Looking forward to more of his fights.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I thought Shogun outperformed Machida, but only by a hair. Both were too careful. I know it's riskier to be more aggressive, but with a belt on the line I feel like both dudes should show how much they want it. And that goes more so for the challenger, it's up to the challenger to either finish the defending champ or show the judges without question why they should transfer the title.

Velasquez was a monster though, I don't know how you slam a 265 pound dude. Looking forward to more of his fights.

Cosign

When I heard that Machida won, I thought to myself "hmmm, I guess Shogun got knocked the fuck out..."

Then I heard it was a unanimous decision, which made me check out the whole fight online..

and BULLFUCKINGSHIT, Machida is the man, but Shogun deserved that belt. Those judges should've eaten half of those brutal leg kicks that Shogun threw, then maybe they would've judged the fight better.

Overall.. stale fight, bullshit outcome. Atleast I have Fedor vs Rogers to look forward to.

mma-core.com has all the fights

First off, props for this

second, I just watched the Rua/Machida fight, since I worked sat night during the airing

And yeah, it was some bullshit - I don't think it was the 5 round Rua blowout people are botching about, I score it 1)rua 2)machida 3)machida 4)rua 5)rua

I take it the judges incorrectly scored the first round to machida, which lead to the decision

Rua should have definitely won, but I don't think it was the complete blowout robbery that it was painted as

it was a really good fight, one of the best I have seen in the UFC in awhile. I'm a big fan of machidas karate/judo style, and I have been a fan of shogun and his classic Thai style - Brandon Vera is another one of my favorite fighters, so to see this matchup was a treat - it's just a shame the judges came to the obviously wrong decision, it spoils it. I love machida, but I would also love to see an era of Shogun Mai Thai domination... I talk about pride being a better league than the UFC, and whenever a star from there does well I feel better.

So here's to the rematch, the sooner the better

ah boo fucking hoo" I got the flu" fucking pussy he just want more time with the belt befor he losses it ..Yeah he beat Randy and Mir but he needs to fight Cain and beat him to be the real champ ...

dude are you kidding? CAIN? thats not a challenge for brock. Cain has very little power. his wrestling is excellent, but not up to par with brock's. cain doesnt have enough power in his punch to rock lesnar. He would get taken down and handled exactly like Mir. Cain has a weak chin that i think brock would expose.

and do you REALLY think lesnar is scared he's gonna get beat by carwin? come on now who has carwin fought? 1 legit oppenent. brock took some of the top guys out within the first 2 years of training mma.

love him or hate him, Brock is the future of the heavyweight division.

i hope my man rumble johnson would tax koscheck ass with the QUICKNESS, just like paulo thiago gave him a vicious left-then-right hooks. i dont know man, ive always thought of him as a douchebag :lol:

kos is most def a douchebag.. always has, always will be

the fight was interesting for the first 2 minutes. the show is a joke.

UFC is going to fall off completely within the next few years.

strikeforce will take over for the ufc i have a feeling.

theyre gonna sign dan henderson since dana white wont.

WHITE WONT SIGN HENDERSON, WHAT THE FUCK IS HE THINKING??!!

THIS SEASON BLOWS. I STOPPED WATCHING AFTER KIMBO.

i say strikeforce will takeover, or at least be a strong competitor in years to come, because dana white and co. are money hungry assholes willing to fuck any and everyone over to make a buck. more and more fighters are going to look elsewhere to fight when their contracts expire. strikeforce seems to be the next big thing. (fedor, jake shields, mayhem, nate diaz) hopefully henderson as well.

thats just what i think will happen.

on another note, thank god for HDnet Fights.

thats the second time, i think, you, or at least someone, has said cain has no punching power, after he has tko'd almost all of his opponents....and more than one of those have been merciful stoppages by the ref after cain had ground and pounded the shit out of his opponent...im just saying, in my opinion, he has a huge potential to be a serious threat....im not sure hes 100% ready for lesnar but i think if he has a fight or two more where he is seriously tested it could happen...

on another note, i saw the fedor vs rogers "360" on showtime, and was kinda disappointed...not at all by the show itself, just because a lot of the other 360s on showtime were very in-depth and this....just wasnt...it is going to be an interesting fight though, cant wait to see it...

forest vs tito should also been very interesting, its a shame these cards have been falling apart i hope this doesn't become a trend