Going on a E U R O T R I P

D0WN

Going on my first trip to EUROPE :chicken:

I'm leaving for London in less than 2 weeks on the 19th of this month.

I'm 22 and I'll be out of college next year and I thought I'd probably get stuck with a 9 to 5 job with no time to travel so I've decided to do it during the winter throughout Christmas and New years (less tourists).

I've decided to start my trip in London simply because they offered the lowest airfare from my airport (Dulles International) which only btw came out to a total of $360 round trip. During the 3 week stay I'll be touring Amsterdam, Gothenburg, Berlin(maybe), Vienna(maybe), Zurich, Lugano(maybe), Ibiza, Rome, Barcelona, and Paris.

I was hoping that some fellow 12ozers had some recommendations for....

1. Places I MUST visit

2. Things I MUST experience (obviously smoking ganja in the dam is a given)

3. Cities/Countries I should avoid

4. Things I should take with me

My mission is simple.. which is to make the trip memorable and also to get laid as many times as possible.

BONUS: a picture from Monaco

monacobh0.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you REALLY said smoking ganja in the dam is a given.

wtf? i mean yeah if your a pot smoker i get it but what a stupid thing to put in a list of going to europe for 3 weeks.

the one thing i will tell you is when you land in london...leave there asap. fuck that place

florence, prague and copenhagen for sure if you write the graf.

not to sound snotty but im probably the best person to ask...

i hit 15 countrys in 3 months

it only costed me 3 G's (not including airfare. im not gonna spend years explaining everything ill just give u some basics....

stay in hostels. fuck that movie bullshit that scared every one in the u.s. shitless. hostels are the shit. all u do is party and meet people just like u and go out clubbing with them. including fine ass bitches.

vienna sucks balls. its a retirement city. its not fun.

make sure u stay on RAMBLAS street in barcelona. that street is crackin till 8 am every night and its neer the beach and theres a legal wall near by including a piant store that carries non stop spanish montana (its made in spain so they got that shit on lock yadadaholla)

go to copenhagen in denmark and hit up the town called christiania. trust me its a hippy colony that has weed plants growing from the street cracks (litteraly growing like weeds everywhere) plus legal walls up the ying yang.

fuck a hooker in amsterdam. once again u gotta trust me buddy.

as for places to avoid......i dunno i didnt like milan, in italy, u mentioned zurich, its tight......but its outragiously expensive. i dunno on this subject just pm me dude i went way too many places to name shit off the top of my head.

dude just fuckin pm me.

but this sounds like the stereotypical "after college im going to backpacking in europe to really find myself"

i hate to sound like the stereotypical yuppie.. and it does sound a bit cliche or whatever .. but as a reasonable human being, i'd like to see and experience as much of the world as i can before i die. I just love to travel and I chose europe as my destination for this trip because.. come on... it's fuckin europe.. and they just dont fuck around (when it comes to drugs, prostitution, and sex)

not to sound snotty but im probably the best person to ask...

i hit 15 countrys in 3 months

it only costed me 3 G's (not including airfare. im not gonna spend years explaining everything ill just give u some basics....

stay in hostels. fuck that movie bullshit that scared every one in the u.s. shitless. hostels are the shit. all u do is party and meet people just like u and go out clubbing with them. including fine ass bitches.

vienna sucks balls. its a retirement city. its not fun.

make sure u stay on RAMBLAS street in barcelona. that street is crackin till 8 am every night and its neer the beach and theres a legal wall near by including a piant store that carries non stop spanish montana (its made in spain so they got that shit on lock yadadaholla)

go to copenhagen in denmark and hit up the town called christiania. trust me its a hippy colony that has weed plants growing from the street cracks (litteraly growing like weeds everywhere) plus legal walls up the ying yang.

fuck a hooker in amsterdam. once again u gotta trust me buddy.

as for places to avoid......i dunno i didnt like milan, in italy, u mentioned zurich, its tight......but its outragiously expensive. i dunno on this subject just pm me dude i went way too many places to name shit off the top of my head.

dude just fuckin pm me.

How does this possibly qualify you as "the best person to ask"?

Holland:

Amsterdam gets old pretty quick. It is also quite overpriced. Check out Utrecht or Rotterdam. Eat a Turkish Pizza "met kas" (with cheese) and some "kas fritte", oh and lots of late night fries with mayo. Try and throw at least one shitty bike into a Canal while drinking. Smoke lots of hash. Paint some bananas. Get drunk and eat some pickled eels. Again, get drunk, and battle some gangster Turkish dudes on the bumper car rides, in a small town circus/fair.

London:

I dunno. Eat alot of sandwiches. Everything else is ridiculously expenisve. Um. Hmm. Drinking on the Tube can be pretty fun. Walk around the gardens in the city, lots of interesting birds and flowers. Check out some shows.

Barcelona: Just drink alot of Don Simone and wander about. You'll have a great time guaranteed. There is so much to see and do in that ctiy.

Rome: Sorry. It's a secret.

Holland:

Amsterdam gets old pretty quick. It is also quite overpriced. Check out Utrecht or Rotterdam. Eat a Turkish Pizza "met kas" (with cheese) and some "kas fritte", oh and lots of late night fries with mayo. Try and throw at least one shitty bike into a Canal while drinking. Smoke lots of hash. Paint some bananas. Get drunk and eat some pickled eels. Again, get drunk, and battle some gangster Turkish dudes on the bumper car rides, in a small town circus/fair.

London:

I dunno. Eat alot of sandwiches. Everything else is ridiculously expenisve. Um. Hmm. Drinking on the Tube can be pretty fun. Walk around the gardens in the city, lots of interesting birds and flowers. Check out some shows.

Barcelona: Just drink alot of Don Simone and wander about. You'll have a great time guaranteed. There is so much to see and do in that ctiy.

Rome: Sorry. It's a secret.

Simple in London don`t buy shit in toursit areas..Then you`ll be fine

Simple in London don`t buy shit in toursit areas..Then you`ll be fine

HAHAHA!

Dude..you broke your ankle the first night we were there. Tesco was pretty sweet though. So, we were kind of without a guide....

Remember when we tried to light shots of Sambuca on fire whist trying to drink them in Naples?

And daytime backjumps?

Hint: I was wearing orange flip flops.

monacobh0.jpg

Holy shit a pinninfarina superamerica. I havent seen one streetside before. My friend interned on that project. We were there last year at the LA Auto show press days for it's media world debut. The car's battery died and everyone waited days for the roof to show off it's ten second glass convertible top.

1. Places I MUST visit

Amsterdam: I have been there many, many times, but not for a few years, so I can’t say which shops still exist. However, when you get sick of the Red Light District(and you will), take a 20 minute train to Haarlem: Less crowded & shady, cheaper ganj. Amsterdumb is dangerous when tipsy – to cross the street it goes: (people) sidewalk, bike lane, car lane, Trams, car lane, bike lane, sidewalk. Rock the hash in Amsterdumb… and be sure to buy enough for the rest of the trip. Ignore the Turks in the Dam, don’t make eye contact or argue with them - Put your earphones on.

Berlin: Avoid it if possible. The city is really spread out, and if you do not know any locals, you will not find the ‘right’ places to chill. I have a buddy who lives there as a DJ, so I was lucky to find the underground spots. It is a great destination for viewing graff, those kids bomb tough! Munich is nice for a day. Take an overnight train in and an overnight train out, spend the day drunk at the HofbrauHaus.

Ibiza: unless you like douchebags in clubs, skip it. You’ll get your fix in Barcelona.

Rome: is the shiznitt! (I used to live there) Definitely keep a few days for this. Skip Florence & Milan. You can do Venice in a day, well worth it.

Zurich: Switzerland is only nice if you go to the mountains, try Balmers Youth Hostel in Interlaken instead. Switzerland is very pricey, so skip it if you are broke.

Don’t forget Prague homie… definitely worth the trip, nice and cheap, and the women are gorgeous.

4. Things I should take with me.

Buy Graff Gear while there. Euro shops have dope markers.

it's all good have fun

though I agree with Drue_down about ibiza

but hugely disagree with him on Berlin.

Well, don't get me wrong, I stayed in Berlin for a few weeks and had a blast!

But had I not known a few people(locals) when I visited, I would have never seen the real Berlin. I know others who went there and were dissapointed.

London:

london is really, really expensive.

get used to paying a lot for everything.

don't be the stereotypical yank tourist who pays for paper tube tickets, either get a oyster card or bump it (put your hand over the sensor at the bottom of the barriers)

don't eat hotdogs off the street.

don't bother taking ID to bars/clubs, you won't need it.

enjoy legalised gambling.

bars shut much earlier(in general)there than in america, find out where stays open late so your night doesn't end at 11.

have fun