sorry, graffiti topic

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck biting go do scratch fill wu tang signs everywhere.

one love.

Done that. And you know it.

If I'm ever just not feeling creative. I find just breaking stuff can be just as fun. Especially if it is going to haev impact on people when they finds it the next day. Not like I'm fucking up peoples houses and shit but you know what I mean. Drunk.

it's going the way rap goes. it's acceptable these days to spit other people's verses... like jay-z spitting big verses or fabolous spitting pac verses. back in the day biting lyrics was looked down upon.

What the fuck are you talking about? No rapper will ever spit an entire verse done by someone else. You're like that fourteen year old kid that was going on about how Cam'ron kills Jay-Z because Jay-Z bites Biggie.

Anyway, originality is played out.

So is biting, though. I think people need to try and progress slowly, and find their style over years, not weeks or months.

*Also, people need to pay attention to the elders of their city. Try and find out how they got their styles. Study that local shit before the internet might have corrupted it.

I'm one to talk, though. I would barely know where to begin.

Also, I think since graffiti became so big and fashionable, it has suffered the inevitable wackness of what comes with seasonal trends. If some art student, let's say, in NYC comes up with a way to do fill-ins (ie, something weird like filling in with stock caps and outlining with a superfat, not that it makes sense), that will soon be the way to do fill-ins for a number of people all across North America. That's not necessarily that cool.

2002 is so not old skewllll...

and most graffiti does not impact that many or most people...

the general public is mostly concerned within themselves and their daily lifes..

if they see tags, then it's damage.. nothing else...

who actually bothers to read it out and stare at it besides us..

the city buffs it and the problem and the nuisance is gone.. with the solution being fairly easy and affordable..

here in the land of the buff..

graffiti get's ignored an awful lot..\

and hated by the city enough..

kids nowadays.. (which isn't many..)

lack the style, the ability and cunning to do it..

i dont know about other cities

but shit is definetly not how it used to be here..

and that alone has contributed to the lack of graff, style, creativity, and knowledge on graff..

and it's city..

along with the lack of biting..

a simple straight letter is hard enough..

shit is getting lame in the streets..

big brother is watching..

ahahah i was kidding man...

i take this too seriously, so im not gonna keep going on and on, ive been trying to school the youth for too long, they dont care about history, or developing shit, all they care about is themselves, and their stupid little ego's... thats why i have to BREAK them like ivan dragoooooooooooooooooooooo....

example:

grey > geso > trav.

there is a chain of influence there. you could tell geso was influenced by grey, but his graffiti looked different. it contained his own ideas, and eventually grew into what it is today. trav was then influenced by where geso had gone and is taking it in his own direction also managing to look nothing like geso or grey

grey > sigh

and currently rime > sigh

sigh looks at a magazine/internet, sees that grey is doing good graffiti, then does pieces that look like they were done by grey.

rime is hot right now, so sigh decided to move onto his nutsack, you know, to keep it current and all.

god forbid you point this out to anyone though. you'll get called a "hater". i know sigh has been biting for years, i don't really care. the guy's an idiot. my issue is with people not only accepting this, but thinking it's completely ok and that sigh is some fantastical writer.

kids these days...they should have been shot at birth

Another thing- videos. I remember like 5 years ago there was the cope 2 video, some video graffs, and then all the sudden theres like 455 tapes of footage. (Thanks to the internet.) Don't get me wrong, some of it is cool and what not, but it's only another way for a culture to half-express itself in the modern day media. Go internet videos. It seems like its just another 2nd hand reality that distorts the REAL main action of going out/having fun (among an infinite amount of other emotions) and painting. Personally, I think videos should be kept secretive between a few writers, ect. I don't really want people that don't write, just regular people, to look at footage of people bombing. Because after a regular person would view it, they would immediately start making assumptions about graffiti and start imposing roles on writers. But now, in changing times, a few kids with a few years under their belt can go out and get an hour of bombing footage, put it online, and start sweating themselves. Just like pictures. But then again, nothing stays the same forever.

What the fuck are you talking about? No rapper will ever spit an entire verse done by someone else. You're like that fourteen year old kid that was going on about how Cam'ron kills Jay-Z because Jay-Z bites Biggie.

calm down there guy. i didn't mean verses per say, but bars or whatever. biting lines period.

however, 50 cent spit nearly an entire tupac verse on that hail mary remix, changing a few bars and words here and there

snoop dogg spit "lodi dodi," which was almost the entire song of slick rick, with a few words change to fit with the times and his persona... but that was more of an homage and not a bite in my opinion. same with def squad re-doing "rapper's delight."

ja rule did that song "pain" and spit nearly an entire tupac verse, just changing a few words and bars.

there i said "nearly."

example:

grey > geso > trav.

there is a chain of influence there. you could tell geso was influenced by grey, but his graffiti looked different. it contained his own ideas, and eventually grew into what it is today. trav was then influenced by where geso had gone and is taking it in his own direction also managing to look nothing like geso or grey

grey > sigh

and currently rime > sigh

sigh looks at a magazine/internet, sees that grey is doing good graffiti, then does pieces that look like they were done by grey.

rime is hot right now, so sigh decided to move onto his nutsack, you know, to keep it current and all.

god forbid you point this out to anyone though. you'll get called a "hater". i know sigh has been biting for years, i don't really care. the guy's an idiot. my issue is with people not only accepting this, but thinking it's completely ok and that sigh is some fantastical writer.

kids these days...they should have been shot at birth

The mans got a point... There are also a fair amount of people doing that IBD style now too..

I don't know anything about freights really, so I had to look up this Sigh feller. And I kind of see what you're saying with the Grey stuff. But I didn't have time to look at tons... But like when Grey used to do the letter with another letter in it, or really angular pieces... I see what your saying I think...