sorry, graffiti topic

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I think partially this has to do with the recent swell in the amount of graff writers in recent years and being mroe worried about "getting up" and the such that they are willing to just bite someone elses already bitten super generic style and pass it off as their own. There seems to be more of a concern with quantity over quality also adding to this and sadly taking away from the drive alot of people have to do soemthing different than to just be down and do more of the same old shit that everyone else is doing.

i think there's plenty of room for new stuff, but i think alot of people these days are pretty lazy.

myself included. i'm old.

nah mang

applications for new styles arent being accepted anymore

remember my mang with the lego style?

that shit could have revolutionized graffiti as we know it, instead we missed out

nah mang

applications for new styles arent being accepted anymore

remember my mang with the lego style?

that shit could have revolutionized graffiti as we know it, instead we missed out

well, that is true. applications to styles aren't being accepted that well these days.

so, here is the question: who was the last big innovator to graffiti? what did he/she do

to change it? how did it change afterwards? what changed it?

can't we just blame a bunch of shit of mark ecko and call it a night? could we send glik in all coked up to beat the piss out of him? are we allowed to put in work orders on 12oz?

i dont know. I was never really into zines or looking at what evry one in the world was doing, i just had local influence. When ever i did something i thought was mind blowing id always have some one tell me "Thats cool. It looks like such and such, though." So its what ever to me. Obviously im not on some other plane of insanity.

I stopped caring a long time ago.

A lot of these kids think they're so dope, and of course the more flicks they have up on 12 oz,

the closer they are to being big-time or something. when they're all doing the exact same style, and going to all the same parties..It's funny to me because I really hardly ever put my own name up anymore, but I do get a LOT of crew tags to ride..I've always put family before fame, who needs it?

yea, the internet will probably end up being the death of graffiti... it comes down to kids wanna be writers, they dont wanna take the time to learn the way we did coming up (for those that have been writing for more than 10 years or so) by trial and error, and developing from your own mistakes, you know?? now its like "i dont wanna be called an oak or a toy, so if i just bite some shit i can bypass the whole learning process"... thats another reason why kids have no respect for vets and for the history of their respective cities/countries that their from... ive also started to realize that certain styles come into "vogue" nationally (at least here in the states) and the majority of heads on these boards wont even give the time of day to something that isnt a recognizable or "popular" style... whatever, ive almost given up trying to school the younger kids here, none of them care... lots of one way streets in philly... ya know?