The Simpsons Movie

SUR X3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUTURAMA??? We can only hope...

The series aired from March 28, 1999 to August 10, 2003. Although Futurama was never officially cancelled, Fox decided not to buy the fifth season, and the program fell apart soon after.[1]

However, on June 22, 2006, Comedy Central officially announced that they have ordered 13 new episodes of the series.[2] If the ratings of these episodes are high enough, the show may be brought back for its fifth season.[3]Futurama is currently syndicated in many countries around the world.

(source (wiki)

sense it is December, i dont think the show picked up

You know I saw this, and I was waiting for an actual trailer...

I don't know how I feel about MY cartoon being in CGI.

I mean this was my cartoon, like, GI Joes was a little before my time. I was THE TMNT fan though. To the point where I had several turtles named after them, all the toys I could get my greedy little hands on, and the Burger King TMNT videos you got with a BK Kids Meal...

Still have the videos.

You know I saw this, and I was waiting for an actual trailer...

I don't know how I feel about MY cartoon being in CGI.

I mean this was my cartoon, like, GI Joes was a little before my time. I was THE TMNT fan though. To the point where I had several turtles named after them, all the toys I could get my greedy little hands on, and the Burger King TMNT videos you got with a BK Kids Meal...

Still have the videos.

i think you and i are the only people who still have the bk kids meal movies. whenever tmnt comes up, i mention i have these, and no one knows what im talking about.

so. do you think they're worth anything?

• 7 months later...
i think you and i are the only people who still have the bk kids meal movies. whenever tmnt comes up, i mention i have these, and no one knows what im talking about.

so. do you think they're worth anything?

I would have no idea how to look up to see if they are...

I think they are awesome to have though.

simpsons and TMNT are my life. i had all those videos too, especially the real movies, every toy, when i was a kid my entire room was tmnt, all i used to eat was "turtle pee-key".. which means turtle pizza. the totino's oven pizza. but back to simpsons, im first in line for movie. gonna be great.

and for saying the show sucks now, thats becuase theyre making the movie and arent spending much time, if any, on the seasons.. and after how many years of this show, how many idea's and plots are left? its so hard to think of stuff now..

watch these videos. family guy steals alot of simpsons, some are a little noticeable, and some are very blatant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZnNsbtsUV0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmUoxOAgCQw

http://cgi.ebay.com/Complete-SET-of-4-SIMPSONS-TALKING-WATCHES-Mint-inBoxes_W0QQitemZ230153646379QQihZ013QQcategoryZ1197QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

for some reason when these came out at burger king i felt compelled to buy all four of them. i think they were like $1.99 or something per watch at BK.

SIMP01.JPG

watch.jpg

i though about putting them up on ebay, but i realize i wont get shit for them.

The Simpsons Movie on Wikipedia will answer most of the questions asked in here, but be forwarned that there are some plot spoilers that have just recently come to light.

Basically, they picked 11 of the best writers out of the sixty or so that have worked on the series. James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Scully, George Meyer, David Mirkin, Mike Reiss, John Swartzwelder, Jon Vitti, Ian Maxtone-Graham and Matt Selman. Groening, of course, created the show, but it's also worth noting that he wrote 72 episodes of Futurama. Vitti and Swartzwelder were two of the first people hired to work on The Simpsons, and have each written more episodes than anyone else in the show's history. They are also considered some of the best comedy writers in the business. George Meyer has been in charge of almost every rewrite session for every episode since the show began, and is basically credited with coming up with all of the best jokes. It has been said that the show's overall tone and sense of humor are basically his-- which is pretty significant, since it could be argued that the show has, in turn, had a global impact on comedy in general. After nearly two decades as the number one rated show among college students, and given the ubiquity of Simpsons quotes almost anywhere you go, it has to be acknowledged that the collective conciousness has more than a little bit of a Simpsons sensibility.

Harvey/ comedy nerd oner