Oil painting...

Milk Grenades

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i paint with human feces and blood... if you play around with different food consumptions you can get some really amazing hues.....

McCarthy's work often involves what looks like fecal matter, blood and mucus. He believes we're taught to be disgusted by our bodily fluids. He sees our disgust as related to a fear of death. His use of body fluids is contrasted with the antiseptic fixation on hygiene that he ascribes to Walt Disney whom he sees as the ultra-right-wing creator of Disneyland.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Larry... I'm not a snob. I just know the difference between superior and inferior mediums.

if you don' t like Auerbach.... how about his home-e......

arts-art-painting-francis-bacon-large_image

bacon_vangogh1957.jpg

Francis-Bacon-three-studies-for-a-portrait-of-peter-board-1975-ii-right.jpg

those are all painted on raw canvas..... back side is gesso primed.

bacon...wow what a freak...actually tried to give himself lead poisoning...

freud....good god i wouldnt have wanted to be a model for his paintings...

craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy fuckers

not really a big fan of rothko...his stuff bores me.

egg tempera..talk about internal light source...

• 2 weeks later...
thats one of my best friends.

heres some of my work:

Picture008.jpg

portrait of grandfather

Picture009.jpg

detail of above painting

Picture010.jpg

a young tony hawk

Picture012.jpg

my girlfriend

barnes4.jpg

charcole study of seated figure and drapery

Picture137.jpg

my cousins kids

these portraits are really dope...im just starting to gettin to workin with oils and workin with portraits and stuff..and these potraits are really dope

since there was a bit of a discussion about using hair dryers and heat lamps as drying sources, would drying an oil painting in the sun work well?

Also, how long should i expect to wait for an area about the diameter of a coffee mug to dry?(its a bird) the paint is applied fairly thickly on top of an acrylic and spray painted background. it has already been drying for about 12-13 hours. also, is there anything wrong with layering oil based over acrylic?

the reason i am concerned is the painting is a christmas present and today is christmas eve.

ill post a pic of it sometime tonight if anyone replies by the time i check back.

thanks in advance!

since there was a bit of a discussion about using hair dryers and heat lamps as drying sources, would drying an oil painting in the sun work well?

Also, how long should i expect to wait for an area about the diameter of a coffee mug to dry?(its a bird) the paint is applied fairly thickly on top of an acrylic and spray painted background. it has already been drying for about 12-13 hours. also, is there anything wrong with layering oil based over acrylic?

the reason i am concerned is the painting is a christmas present and today is christmas eve.

ill post a pic of it sometime tonight if anyone replies by the time i check back.

thanks in advance!

I googled 'how to get oil paint to dry quickly' and this is what came up first. Might seem helpful.

http://rourkevisualart.com/wordpress/2006/09/20/how-to-get-oil-paint-to-dry-quickly/

I personally would have used one quarter liquin with the oil mixed, but I don't have any personal suggestions on what to do after the paint has already been applied.

I hope everything worked out well for you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...