Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@defyonerthanks man I really like it and settled on it after a lot of back and forth. Was able to get the full kit too. I keep it on the speed master bracelet. NATO pic was the only one I had on the phone. It’s a legit GMT with jumping hour hand. Only down side is no quick date set so to jump one calendar day you need to progress the hour hand 24 hrs. Can be an inconvenience if it sits for a week or so and the power reserve drops out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got a seiko skx007 maybe 3 or 4 years ago.  loved that watch until I took it off whilst taking a shit, put it on my lap and when I got up it hit the bathroom tile.  fucker broke. like I can hear a cog or sprocket loose inside.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:59 PM, JesusMachine said:

I got a seiko skx007 maybe 3 or 4 years ago.  loved that watch until I took it off whilst taking a shit, put it on my lap and when I got up it hit the bathroom tile.  fucker broke. like I can hear a cog or sprocket loose inside.

Should be easy enough to have repaired but it may be more cost effective to buy a new one. Skx007 has been discontinued and is now being made under the Seiko 5 line, but they are still available, for now. 

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@ndvlimited run of 365? Did you find a price on that?

Yes!  There are plenty on the market.  Pretty much all Louis Moinet models are all 356 limited runs, i think its an homage to time/days/calender??

The one depicted in the photo I posted is the 18k Rose Gold.  That one there 40+k I think.  A few floating around for 30k possibly cheaper.  

The Titanium/gold is 17k but I had found on on the market for 11k.  Other LM models sell for under 10k easy.    Everyone in a while ill take a look at chrono24 as a means to see how the pre-owned market is doing.  But the brand stays pretty strong on resale value. 

On another note, I would like to know how good/reliable are Concepto Movements since concepto is the choice of movement for LM.  

I never heard of concepto and I had mentioned the company to a Mont Blanc watch maker at a trunk show, and he never heard of them as this is the default response I get from a lot of dealers.    Not sure if its just a ploy?  

• Props 1

Vostok Steve Zissou Amphibia arrived a few wks early. Lighter and smaller than I expected. Love the non ratchet bezel and ‘wobbly’ crown. Very different than anything else I have.The Vostok rubber strap is made of incredibly soft rubber... softer than my gshock by a mile. 

B819BE8D-3A0A-424B-9521-8EBD6569B2D5.jpeg

3AC82D1F-27A1-4F91-8ED0-C55F589503CA.jpeg

21A2FA84-399F-4553-877F-CE82B7DF0B94.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Been wearing the Vostok for the last nine days and loving it. This thing is running great time. No idea on +/- seconds per day but I set it to the clock on my cell and it’s still spot on. The second has a bit of a sweep to it. No at the level of my omega but better than my seiko. These things have a rep for being shitters but to be honest I’m very impressed. At about $70, this thing can def compete with the $200-400 seikos. 

the only thing I don’t care for is the 18 mm lug width. 20 mm would’ve been a bit nicer but maybe I’m just used to 20

i have one of these nato on the way but covid is ducking w the shipping heavy. Will be my strap for aloha Friday at work and will keep the rubber for the other days. Will prob be my daily driver for a while. Loving it. 

35A1EBA7-D1A7-491B-AD67-3E0D150D7B4C.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...