Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Very happy with my fellow San Diegans. Everyone is keeping their distance. Not as packed as most days leading up to a three day weekend but I think that may be due to travel restrictions for out of town era more than anything. I got this Zissou a while back for this exact purpose, beach beater. The rubber strap is surprisingly comfortable, definitely better than any g shock I have owned. It’s nice being able to swim without constantly checking my wrist to make sure my Swiss shitter is still there. I have a floral Nato en route from cheapest nato straps but the global pandemic is causing heavy delay in intl shipping. Ok ciao!

A79B1597-5126-41C3-8A32-413E70AE6205.jpeg

• Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you’re looking for an automatic watch you never need to change the battery, skx/5kx is a solid bet. My only gripe w that one is the timing bezel with no indices/lume pip, so you can’t even use it to time anything. I’m very ‘pro seiko’. If you’re looking to dip your feet into the mechanical watch game, I say pull the trigger. Resale value should be pretty good if you want to get something else afterwards. Worst case is you need to try and sell on a street fighter forum or some jazz, @mr.yuck

• Props 1

4 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Ugh. I just went down a rabbit hole of things that I like that dont make sense for me to own.

If I ever decide to spend new car money on a watch should I go with 1 Franck Muller

8880_ch_col_drm_5n_crazy_hour_color_dream_large.png.e0917e608664d18e2dc0ba84fd9d2bcb.png

Or should I go with a cartier and a rolex

Cartier-Lineup-5473.thumb.jpg.1f79445dc1ddb03f17134aa94a5080a1.jpg61iVi16EV-L._AC_UX679_.thumb.jpg.827cefcc003cb22f5ea532aacdab8528.jpg

I would say rolex.  Because rolex holds pretty good value.  The frank muller watches are nice but, the price for one, I feel I could have a few great watches that would be more enjoyable on the wrist.   Thats just my opinion. 

Now if it had new car money, I probably would go with a pre owned Urwek or new HYT.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:22 PM, mr.yuck said:

i had never heard of urwek before. They make some pretty cool looking shit. I never thought that I would like asymmetry on a watch case, but they pull it off very well

Truth!  Those guy really went above and beyond style and design.  I think the only other type of timepieces that rival urwerk are minute repeaters.  I just I could find a decent to good quality minute repeater under $500.00

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@ndvi had to look up what a minute repeater is. That's pretty cool man.

Really cool huh?  Breguet is considered to have the best (most pleasing) chimes.  However i find the chiming a matter of preference really, as you'll notice each maker has their own distinctive sounds.  

But yeah, repeaters a dream watch to me and collectors see them as novelties really, which I find weird.  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 9:18 PM, mr.yuck said:

You said you cant find a minute repeater for under $500? I dont know if we are using the same internet but I cant find one for less than $4000

Lol, not surprising.  However, a while back, I thought I did come across a repeater under a grand.  I just cannot remember the brand as well as how I stumbled across it.  

I'll have to get back to searching.  When I find it again I'll post a link. 

• Like 1