Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^thats a solid piece 👌   an absolute reliable workhorse.

Edit:  I haven't pulled the trigger on a Pam, yet. But, made a recent purchase on a new piece.  I'll post pics of the reveal when it arrives in a week or 2. 

Edited by ndv

5 hours ago, ndv said:

^^thats a solid piece 👌   an absolute reliable workhorse.

Edit:  I haven't pulled the trigger on a Pam, yet. But, made a recent purchase on a new piece.  I'll post pics of the reveal when it arrives in a week or 2. 

Yeah I’d love an AT one day. The white linen dial with gold hands / indices  like shown would be the specs I’d want too. 

• Like 1

So here's the peice! The croc strap is a bit stiff but that's expected for a new band.  I am sure it's gonna break in nicely over the year.  It was pretty easy setting the date, moon, and time.  Although, the moon phase was a little challenging because I had to get the feel of full rotation, then it was just count the days from the last full moon.

Movement is the ETA/Valjoux 7751

20220309_122000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Props 2

36 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@ndvnice pick up 👍 moonphase is pretty cool. I’d like to have one someday. Was eyeballing the Ball moonpahses a few pages back. 

Thanks!  I had my mind on the particular piece for years.  The moon phase is a cool feature although if someone is OCD I wouldn't recommend the moon phase because I swear I set the phase right, mathematically, but I feel as if it's one phase ahead.  Like a sliver ahead.  But I am gonna give it the rest of the week to see where the phase on the watch it at in full moon.  

I remember your post on the Ball.  That's a serious piece. Very nice and very solid.  Post it when you get it. 

@KILZ FILLZ that's a clean piece.  

i agree dude was totally slipping.  I mentioned it a while back but there's a good reason to have a few replicas in a collection.   Having a replicas or two can get you out of a jam if your in another country, or in this case he would have been on top if he left the real deal at home.  One great thing for a rep is in a divorce, if she don't know you got the real deal and all she sees is the rep being the real deal, then in a devoirce she thinks she got the rollie.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 9:32 PM, ndv said:

@KILZ FILLZ that's a clean piece.  

i agree dude was totally slipping.  I mentioned it a while back but there's a good reason to have a few replicas in a collection.   Having a replicas or two can get you out of a jam if your in another country, or in this case he would have been on top if he left the real deal at home.  One great thing for a rep is in a divorce, if she don't know you got the real deal and all she sees is the rep being the real deal, then in a devoirce she thinks she got the rollie.  

Reps def have a place. My thing with them is how hard it would be to find a watchmaker willing to service it when the time comes. 

from what I’ve read in the forums, some of the reps/parts come from the same factories in China that the legit ones do. Only difference is the QC. 

• Truth 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...